PTCGO Gengar Crimson Invasion Deck List

Gremioheart

Aspiring Trainer
Hi All,
I have been experimenting with a few ideas based on adding damage counters to your opponents and obviously the new Gengar card is ideal, especially as they stack. However, i am having major issues getting them all benched up and evolved before I get destroyed. Can anyone give me any ideas on how to speed this up? I am using 4 Rare Candy and have 4 Gastly, 2 Haunter and 4 Gengar. I also have Bridgette and 2 Tapu Lele's to dig her out early on. I just don't seem to be able to get them all powered up for their desired effect. I have 4 Ultra Balls and 2 Nest Balls also.

It's really hard to have all 4 Stage 2 Pokemon in play, I think the best advice I can give you is don't expect to have 4 Gengars in play. Assume you will only have 2 or 3 at maximum to plan your strategy.
I tried doing it with a Beedrill (EVO) deck and I had the 4 Beedrills in play in about 1 out of 15 matches, even with the Forest Of Giant Plants.
But if you really want to try it harder, consider adding a couple of Alolan Vulpixes and add a 3rd Haunter.

Thanks, I've made the edits and managed to get 3 out, but sadly nothing else so one immediately had to go to the slaughter. Just doesn't seem a viable option. I understand Gengar is a technical Pokemon, but it's way too hard to make this work.
Oh well, the wait for another decent Gengar card continues.....

Don't expect the deck to be too competitive, but don't give up yet. I don't know which other cards you have in your deck, I'd play that Gengar with a lot of hammers and energy denial. Can you post your decklist?

I'm at work but I think this is what I have so far.

Alolan Vulpix x 2
Gengar CI x 4
Haunter CI x 3
Gastly CI x 4
Tapu Lele x 2
Oranguru x 1
Eevee SM x 2
Espeon GX x 1
DCE x 4
Psychic Energy x 10
Rare Candy x 4
Ultra Ball x 4
Bridgette x 2
Prof Sycamore x 4
N x 3
Guzma x 2
Lillie x 2
Nest Ball x 2
Po Town x 2
Max Elixir x 2

I see. Here are the modifications I would do:

-2 Eevee
-1 Espeon GX
-1 Psychic energy
-1 Bridgette
-2 Nest ball
-2 Po Town
-2 Max Elixir

+4 Crushing hammer
+2 Enhanced hammer
+2 Field blower
+3 Team Flare grunt

I think this way you obligate your opponent to re-attach energies you discard him, taking advantage of Gengar's ability.
Hope this helps.

I didn't think about the idea of reattaching energy and forcing it later in the game when the Gengar's are out. I feel like an amateur :(
Will try this out later and let you know how it goes!
Thanks!

Gah, still not having any luck with this so far. It might be a lost cause.
Up against Gardevoir it got pasted, also, Dark decks take advantage of the weakness too easily so Darkrai is too strong.

Alright. I think I see your problem.
Here's the problem: you're using Gengar as your attacker.
Gengar is getting souped because it's a 130 or so HP Pokémon against things that OHKO 180.
So, why soup Gengar?
Soup a Mimikyu instead.
I actually plan to play this deck, and I stuck Mimikyu as my Active Attacker in. You could continue to use Gengar, but if he's in the Active, he has a better chance to be souped than on the bench with a clutch Guzma.
The doctor is IN.

Hi again. I added in 2 Mimikyu with Filch and Copycat amd have had a lot of success. Managed to get an 8 win streak before the server died on me. That included Gardevoir and Volcanion decks. My main issue comes from Alolan Ninetails GX as the Ice Path attack is getting my benched Gastly

Just a question, in tournaments, if i use Team Flare Grunts from XY, will i not be allowed as that set is out of rotation? I don't have enough of these cards from Generations but have tons from XY.
Thanks

Just a question, in tournaments, if i use Team Flare Grunts from XY, will i not be allowed as that set is out of rotation? I don't have enough of these cards from Generations but have tons from XY.
Thanks
Nah, it doesn't matter. As long as the card has a printing from a set that's in the Standard Format, all printings of it are legal.

I've been playing around with Gengar for fun and for the heck of it, I threw him into a Golisopod box. It actually worked out better than I thought it would. I'm running a 3-2-3 Gengar line, 4 rare candy, and an evosoda. I haven't had any issues getting two Gengar out at the same time. Also, playing 4 Sycamore and 4 N helps out a lot.

try
4x gengar ci
4x haunter ci
4x gastly ci
4x kangaskhan sm
2x victini gr
2x max elixir bp
4x pokemon center ladys gen
2x revives ev
4x dce
4x n
4x prof syc
4x prok kakui
4x rare candy
10x psychic energy

kangaskhan for tanking and dealing loads of damage, victini for victory star. kakui to boost damage!

Back