Discussion Expanded Zoroark-GX/Darkrai-GX

NeedleKingSR

Night March is overrated
So, I made this a few hours ago and so far I've never lost. Main reason I'm in expanded is so that I can use sky field and propogation Exeggcute from PlF. Here's my current decklist:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 15
* 3 Darkrai-GX BUS 88
* 2 Zorua LTR 89
* 2 Zorua SLG 52
* 1 Zoroark BKT 91
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 1 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 1 Mr. Mime PLF 47
* 1 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60

##Trainer Cards - 32
* 1 Professor Sycamore STS 114
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 1 Rescue Stretcher GRI 130
* 2 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
* 1 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 1 Colress PLS 135
* 1 Guzma BUS 115
* 3 Ultra Ball SUM 135
* 2 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 1 Special Charge STS 105
* 2 Float Stone PLF 99
* 1 Brigette BKT 161
* 3 N FCO 105
* 3 Sky Field ROS 89
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 3 VS Seeker PHF 109

##Energy - 13
* 10 Darkness Energy
* 4 Double Colorless Energy SUM 136
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

It's overall a very unusual decklist, but the Darkrais can be used as both bench sitters to increase Zoroark's damage, but can also be used as attackers, since I also run lasers. I definitely didn't expect much from this deck but I'm on a 14-0 win streak as of now while just tweaking the deck. I'd love to add a fourth Ultra Ball and VS Seeker but the space is SOO tight. I also recommend running 4 LTR Zoruas for the Ascension attack but I only had 2. Also considering replacing Altar of the Moone for a third Sky Field.

Last edited:
I'm not running any Darkrai-EXs because the BKP one requires alot of dark energy and I dont accelerate too much and the DEX one is just overshadowed by the BKT Zoroark. Also O-Wing Yveltal hasn't really ever worked in this deck either.

Impressive win streak - props. Surprising a bit though given the various Fighting, Trevenant, Vileplume decks, Parallel City, Garbodor (Garbotoxin) and Hex Maniac...

Have you tested the Moonlight Madness Zorua (which I've found to be the most effective in the long run)? Being able to auto-Confuse the Defending Pokémon can be so clutch at times.

From my own experience, I've found Zoroark BREAK to be simply amazing. I personally would suggest you consider replacing 1 Darkrai GX with another Zoroark (Stand In) as well as another Zoroark BREAK. This is more of a personal preference.

Why no Mallow which is a great combo with Trade?

Given your dependency upon a large bench size, I'd suggest replacing the Altar of the Moone Stadium with another Sky Field.

Only 7 card-draw Supporters? Any consideration for some type of supplemental card-draw support like Oranguru?

Thoughts about Bodybuilding Dumbbells vs. Choice Bands?

Lastly, your focus seems to be more centered around the Zoroarks; so, why have you incorporated the Darkrai GXs? Where is the synergy? Plus, Darkrai GX requires a few turns to power-up (given your current deck build).

Impressive win streak - props. Surprising a bit though given the various Fighting, Trevenant, Vileplume decks, Parallel City, Garbodor (Garbotoxin) and Hex Maniac...

Have you tested the Moonlight Madness Zorua (which I've found to be the most effective in the long run)? Being able to auto-Confuse the Defending Pokémon can be so clutch at times.

From my own experience, I've found Zoroark BREAK to be simply amazing. I personally would suggest you consider replacing 1 Darkrai GX with another Zoroark (Stand In) as well as another Zoroark BREAK. This is more of a personal preference.

Why no Mallow which is a great combo with Trade?

Given your dependency upon a large bench size, I'd suggest replacing the Altar of the Moone Stadium with another Sky Field.

Only 7 card-draw Supporters? Any consideration for some type of supplemental card-draw support like Oranguru?

Thoughts about Bodybuilding Dumbbells vs. Choice Bands?

Lastly, your focus seems to be more centered around the Zoroarks; so, why have you incorporated the Darkrai GXs? Where is the synergy? Plus, Darkrai GX requires a few turns to power-up (given your current deck build).

Ascension Zorua is really helpful due to the ability to evolve immediately, cause Zoroark GX can easily save you from deaddraws.

I tried making the deck revolving around the Darkrai GX. If my opponent discards the Sky Field, then i can just discard all the Darkrais. When I get the Sky Field back into play, I'll immediately be able to do max damage again, which has helped my alot. I think Zoroark Break could work though, maybe trade a Zoroark-GX for it.

The low draw supporters is due to the Zoroark-GX being able to easily dig through the entire deck easily, and also the room is very tight.

The Darkrai GX are mainly only to support the Zoroarks. As mentioned earlier, they can immediately be put back into play when a Sky Field is removed. Dead End GX is also a much better gx attack than Trickster, but it's still mainly only a late game mon. I guess 2 could work.

I chose Choice Band because I'm going for the OHKOs with Zoroark. It also lets the Darkrais attack for more. I guess dumbbells wouldn't be bad though.

I've already replaced the Altar with Sky Field :p

I spent a while trying to stick in some Mallow, but honestly this is probably the tightest decklist I've ever made. If you can find space, feel free. It definitely would be great, but almost every game I end the game with less than 5 cards in the deck 'cause the Propagation Exeggcute lets you draw 2 cards from each Zoroark every turn.

Just try out this deck. It surprised me by how well it works, considering how anti-meta it is.

I must be missing something, but I don't see how this ever beats a good night march. Have you faced many of those?

I must be missing something, but I don't see how this ever beats a good night march. Have you faced many of those?
I only fought night march once, and all I did was set up the Zoroarks, while Guzma-ing out the Shays/Leles they played cuz they benched too many night marchers and couldnt KO. I think if my opponent had played better I would've lost.

Who is Mime teched for? Spread doesn't seem all that prevalent in expanded right now, maybe you could drop it for something like a Karen for Night March? Also if Zoroark is your primary attacker, 10 Darkness seems really high. I'd suggest shaving that down a bit, especially since you're running special charge already.

10 dark is so that I'd be able to charge up Darkrai-GX whenever I want, and I actually don't lose to night march much. I also swapped out some stuff for 4 dark patches.

Hey, I've been really interested in this deck too so I made my own deck list:

****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******
##Pokémon - 19
* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 77
* 1 Darkrai-EX DEX 63
* 2 Darkrai-GX BUS 88
* 1 Zoroark BREAK BKT 92
* 2 Zorua BKT 89
* 2 Zorua DEX 69
* 1 Zoroark BKT 91
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 1 Mr. Mime GEN 52
* 1 Sudowoodo GRI 66
* 1 Exeggcute PLF 4
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
##Trainer Cards - 29
* 1 Computer Search BCR 137
* 3 Professor Juniper PLF 116
* 2 Hypnotoxic Laser PLS 123
* 1 Colress PLS 135
* 1 Brigette BKT 134
* 4 Ultra Ball SUM 161
* 1 Battle Compressor Team Flare Gear PHF 92
* 2 Field Blower GRI 125
* 2 Guzma BUS 115
* 2 N NVI 92
* 4 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 3 Sky Field ROS 89
* 1 Mallow GRI 127
* 2 Choice Band GRI 121
##Energy - 12
* 4 Double Colorless Energy NXD 92
* 8 Darkness Energy 7
Total Cards - 60
****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

I haven't tested it yet because I don't have Zoroark GX online yet but I'm working on it.

Back