Contest PokéBeach Create-A-Card: November 2017 - No Boundaries - All Results Up!

>No boundaries
>It has to be a Pokémon

Will there ever be a supporter/stadium/tool-card/anything-else round? That could be a very interesting month, although difficult to judge like-to-like if the types are mixed.

I'd say there will be! That month where you'd often give gifts, and meet up with close ones, and travel around seems quite fitting.

Stage 1 Lurantis HP100[G]
Evolves from Fomantis

Ability Sprout Out
If your Active Pokémon is a [G] Pokémon, once during your turn (before your attack), you may put a [G] Pokémon from your hand onto your Bench.

[G][G][C] Ray of Sunlight
Put all of your Benched [G] Pokémon and all cards attached to them into your hand. This attack does 40 damage for each card you put into your hand in this way to one of your opponent's Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[G][G][C] Mantis Mandate
Choose up to 2 Trainer cards from your discard pile and use them as the effect of this attack. During your opponent's next turn, they may play 2 Supporter cards.

Weakness: [R]x2 Resistance: Retreat: [C][C]
Pokédex: It requires a lot of effort to maintain Lurantis's vivid coloring, but some collectors enjoy this work and treat it as their hobby.
Sableye AOR 44, Acerola BUS 112, Magnezone PLS 46, Beedrill EVO 7, Gourgeist CRI 45, Lurantis SM25, The Common Wording Errors Compliation

Can't wait for the rest of the entries :)

I finally had a moment of solace from school, so I'll join this one. Image, please.

S9Vw-BxFvAOVec5vbvSzk-AOZtjCN6wJF8drWBNTYm9LRIkcVG80zB5tVklihpaz8feCjZw4XNT3JnY2XK8JVjTZg4G5mPBzGBYDSygYTI_Ig5eX4wO8FfNRxmAANaNa62-Apor6mEh-ESrNClK18TVk6u-1oN87UJPoHH54BM8dZqHsjrAYW2Hk8hzTEHmkaf1JyZo927juVkvfqsiE8otRqhTJupH5j_wjk1riR4C4kBnvdFJpEMb5E1mfCYzMIosdm5YTmHmUsVL7G7t59elziw6nxIqnFYQc5J5Bk6yjfyhIAo566m151CVah10XhIdrVMoMDPGpjfm-erutiSe42DPViOxIYJziTE_Tg_suh_l55lH0bWQrBjxLQHkpZX-J_eP4Cu9Wmw1NfBzm-6jitWmsNDogw1BvXxf94p-8_oTlachDFfTYdJmQVa_oU0iIgBx03JgETXUPQ294NhpqeISjQcEHZlD4Mn5T5J6xGhxZPpRFoHfP-GbqhGaT3_Mj9MLecuNRTlepfQdkKnX8o-ACEuD9suoy1_jFIt8HZw68pl0ZqmtceUFG_YmFM5GgL3PiaiVIhqIjsYVJ3cjVMWeqEdkPemf-4ein75H5gvjORcbDZ2xjOflj-mYpV7luHDyuGnbzHE7Vim7zzNukm07En7_vF8A=w419-h589-no

This time, I have not one card, but three! I'm just entering this one, though, it's just that as I was designing this the possibilities of the other ones... increased; I had the idea a while ago, but finally being able to materialize the card helped me focus the concept so much more.

The basic concepts of Party Crasher and Unforeseen Curse go a while back, when I was designing my Mimikyu; of course, they were focused on Pikachu, but I thought they deserved better, so I left them out; conceptually, they'd be more appropriate for a Gengar, or some pokemon that actually does have a history of jump scares (Unforeseen Curse's original name), but thinking about it, I remembered one witch that has a habit of coming out of nowhere and throwing a curse on you just because: Maleficent. That, in turn, helped me focus more the concept of Light Mismagius, which I recycled from some event here a long time ago. If Dark Mismagius was going to recall Maleficent, it was obvious that Light Mismagius had to recall the Good Fairies (fairies, witches, who cares?), hence the two gifts. The Misdreavus is a very old concept I liked too much, but I couldn't fit into the theme of my set, so I left it apart, even though it was already done.

I wasn't sure about the wording of Party Crasher; of course, nothing like it has ever been done; it was originally more detailed, but I thought maybe I could shorten all that by saying that you'd be treating your opponent's bench spot as your own; I hope no loopholes are opened with that, but the intention is that using the ability essentially gives you a 6th bench spot, albeit one that can only be occupied by Dark Mismagius.

Dark Magic is simple, it's there mostly because I didn't want to have her attack only from the bench, and I couldn't word an additional effect if she was Active in Unforeseen Curse. It's for the better, really, it's complex enough as it is. Funnily enough, the exact same situation happened when I made my set's Mismagius; they even do the same damage. Had I had more space, it would have sent one of your opponent's benched pokemon back to the deck, to make room for Dark Mismagius.

Unforseen Curse is the key to all, of course; it's more straightforward than it looks, though; you can use it from the bench, and it does 50 and sleep (because of Maleficent, get it?), and if she's on your opponent's bench, the damage goes up to 100. Maybe a little too much, but I expect your opponent to take measures to keep Dark Mismagius away.

The double type is obviously because it's dark, which also answers for the low HP; it should be 60, probably, but the metagame (even mine, for which this card was designed) has gone up in damage, so a little bit higher just in case.

R-nsDr0aHOEpx2m6p11Sdq2BFBb50dl2HKm6WkH2gqOA7zNTC6G2pVkJigedjZcg8pAXRXgYsTS98LhyvxHwn-vm6DJsGtW38XagWHjXMA3ucgQE_HeokO2oCTEcCoeRLfxsPZU1Awty1V6Bsw-cZIe5-8wrWdgi5dmIPJOHWg4ya35BiOuI76b3PbzGcrMNAK5AeQe1upSoSPchHBqwWPm-SHQi3O2Zmy3pisKqlSIXFhT7GcA8_FuZ5m53ZOcTzU0TrdQce35tWowFKEbAOvcr73lrrB4_9UKwgYzVHEdPVprbkfd5Ftx62lOkuYkY4tkMjqq2NLgNN-DAE35jqM0SkwzGck5H7adxuSr6JHLJyC5TCwdE_lPst-YgF0p78XSjm2RCKReU9S0QJKvvlmOsPTEsm2RG-PLlQcocx8kfcmpG8zNepYzoBRynSsHuxvoOHLl2kMZKgtgksLVmBK5ZslK-X9ohGwvAvoh1qjr_WCk_z0L7NTs-MkKUa70HXCuIgOUrGMihTn0jTvxNjPfdYGO3y8rCOnf7cQakGseOp5yIWx8MlRfkQOf4dgz9_QtWKiR0tt4R_AzH3wYV5ZOS5rjtA3w7wpPCGhMLTfDjBB6dejCvpbQ88aSwKQYh-n3llhNwL6OtqiLvCvvWK17AiR3u7ERHN08=w675-h949-no
DIkEwnMiq7crem9AckIgvGR7A5zFddSrYzqJH6GF81eVQQRILmSTEG6LCf0K6HxNZIwiXYPwZSNxHd5B9j17aHPJENrJLE9eFkQQX1_5TOOLQWeIKzbBdQWlIYoBNuONk7fXFV6PAqxciKQ4swkbu4DFuNdj-nkyKfO5uXGs8hCepsZXY5U6WqZ7QDZeyO5Y3AMsE0z7rHrs4b4YgGCDfEfilDFkFpqMKpDdhDdS8TONOxDB8qmMU9PeIgdFMmapbyLLsAYwzQTsUYSsBlrc4JmhwB3GBbCFPU0NCcdgB4HbnBWZvz6TJ0cu8WFEuutpNfjhvcvZS_rf7e5KvzDGnLhb1bYdCYvPEQeCYEhPC8_-hE6v9-bqtxyNzsYlz5fO-xMQBMopgBbwRk7mLYuaxf5TFwTiGIUot2tyZY2D3CMZkf645uZ1ISxSiaFxanJJCV3FB-VwmeMCP3QDToXU7AdGZCkfhBJUJ0PY3XQZKzSQJx-XnxZUzvRqnNXi1i6j7TN7nTOZaFlYanrJ7_ZG2SDlBc5rzDb4dUzC2Sj8hIzLL5LgbPcdoi12_2n6zlV1ABGcXP4fUMBttGF-RajoYXa1uaSNxzB1O6W5eRdoC_t97jXlDTQbRJ_18uS8A1_rl0Wqdc19_y6ugGOTdUGoxYBerFp3vfgV7TA=w675-h949-no

Last edited:
And I just remembered that Maleficent doesn't put Aurora to sleep, that's Merriwether's gift to her. So the attack goes a little out of the source, but it doesn't bother me much.

Anyhow, this would be my entry:

Deoxys-GX - Psychic - HP 180
Basic

[P] Link Burst: 60 x damage. This attack does 60 damage times the amount of Energy attached to this Pokémon. If this and the Defending Pokémon have a different amount of Energy attached to them, this attack does nothing.

[P][C][C] Synchro-Chainburn 80: Does 80 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon that has the same name as the Defending Pokémon. (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

[P] Space-Teleporter-GX: Put one of your opponent's Pokemon and all cards attached to that Pokémon into the Lost Zone. If this Pokémon would be knocked out or removed from play in any other way, put the Pokémon and all cards that were attached to it back onto your opponents bench. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

When a Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.

To clarify: This is supposed to be the Normal-form, although the card isn't supposed to mention this, as the Roaring Skies Deoxys doesn't do this either. The GX-attack does remove all damage counters and special conditions from the chosen Pokemon and doesn't bring them back. Also it doesn't take a price. ( This should be obvious from the card text, so i didn't write it in the attack, but just to clarify )

ayy look I got it in early this month ^w^

Ditto GX//Colorless//140 HP
Basic
ditto.png

Ability: Morph
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may discard a Pokémon from your hand. If you do, during this turn, this Pokémon can use the attacks of that Pokémon. (You still need the necessary energy to use each attack.)

[C][C] Sticky Splat 40
Search your deck for a Pokémon Tool card and put it into your hand.

[C][C] Call Back GX
Put all Pokémon from your discard pile into your hand. (You can't use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness - Fighting x2
Resistance -
Retreat - [C][C]

I'll post references and thoughts tomorrow probs when I'm not falling over tired

My entry!

[STAGE1] Arbox GX HP210 [P]

024.png

[P][C] Vile Spit 50
The Defending Pokémon is now Poisoned.

[P][C][C] Double Poison 90+

If the Defending Pokémon is Poisoned, this attack does 50 more damage and put 2 damage counters instead of 1 on that Pokémon between turns.

[P][C] Death Stare GX

Your opponent can't play any cards from their hand during their next turn. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Weakness: [P] x2
Resistance:
Retreat Cost: [C][C][C]

[Pokémon-GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.]

Trying something new

Prism Star Pokemon

Arceus ◇– 150HP - [C]

Basic Pokemon
◇ (Prism Star) Rule: You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card is discarded, put it in the Lost Zone.

[C] Special Force
For each of your opponent’s Pokemon in play, shuffle a Special Energy card from your discard pile into your deck.

[C][C][C][C] Final Judgement
Discard one of your opponent's Pokemon. This Pokemon can’t attack during your next turn.

Weakness: [F] (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: 2

In for Text!
This card is based on the figure that appears when the Tapus use their Z-move. Hope you like it!
Edit -2
[/SPOILER
Ultra-Guardian GX HP 200 Normal

Restored Pokemon

Put this card onto your Bench only with the effect of Tapu Binder

Ability: Guardian Barrier

If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and there are Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini, and Tapu Bulu in play, prevent all effects done to your Pokémon by attacks, abilities, items, supporters, or stadiums

Ability: Guardian Force

If this Pokémon is your Active Pokémon and there are Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini, and Tapu Bulu in play, then you may place 4 damage counters on every Pokémon on your opponent’s Bench

[.] Guardian Command GX 30x

Search your opponent’s deck for as many Pokémon as you like and put them on your opponent’s bench. This attack does 30 damage for each Pokémon that you put on their bench. Shuffle your deck afterward. (You can’t use more than 1 GX attack in a game.)

Ultra-Guardian Rule: When this Pokémon is knocked out, discard either a Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini, or Tapu Bulu from your bench.

Pokémon GX Rule: When your Pokémon-GX is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:

Tapu Binder

PRISM STAR

You can only play this card if you have a Tapu Lele, Tapu Koko, Tapu Fini, and Tapu Bulu on your bench.

Search your deck for an Ultra-Guardian GX and place it onto your bench.

You can’t have more than 1 Prism Star card with the same name in your deck. If a Prism Star card is discarded, put it in the Lost Zone.

Tapu Bulu HP 130 Grass

No. 785/802 Height 6’03” Weight 100.3 lbs

[G] Recycle 10

Shuffle a Tapu Binder card from your Lost Zone into your deck

It pulls large trees up by the roots and swings them around. It causes vegetation to grow, and then it absorbs energy from the growth.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C]

Tapu Koko HP 130 Lightning

No. 785/802 Height 5' 11’ Weight 45.2 lbs

[L] Electric Wire 10

If you have a Tapu Lele, Tapu Bulu, and a Tapu Fini in play, you may search your deck for a Tapu Binder and put it into your hand

This guardian deity of Melemele is brimming with curiosity. It summons thunderclouds and stores their lightning inside its body.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:

Tapu Lele HP 130 Psychic

No. 785/802 Height 3' 11’ Weight 41 lbs

[P] Psychic Call 10

Search your deck for a Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, or a Tapu Fini and put it into your hand

This guardian deity of Akala is guilelessly cruel. The fragrant aroma of flowers is the source of its energy.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat: [C]

Tapu Fini HP 130 Water

No. 785/802 Height 4' 03’ Weight 46.7 lbs

[W] Restoring Whirlpool 10

Put a Tapu Koko, Tapu Bulu, or Tapu Fini from your discard pile onto your bench

The dense fog it creates brings the downfall and destruction of its confused enemies. Ocean currents are the source of its energy.

Weakness:
Resistance:
Retreat:[C]
]

Last edited:
Just a reminder that there is roughly 30 hours remaining to submit your entry! Click this link for an exact countdown timer.

Back