'World Championship 2017 Decks' Product Image!

I can't believe no one replied to this. Do you play your games and tournaments at Amazon too or do you go to your local game store then? ALWAYS support your local game store (if you have one), even if buying online saves you couple dollars. Unless you only play at home, but I'm guessing most of us here are playing competetively.

I think he cares more about spending as little as possible than keeping a place where everybody could play Pokemon TCG afloat.

There are 2 reasons why I buy online.

1. The local game store is charging too high a price.
2. The local game store does not have the product.

Other than that, I always go to my LGS due to convenience of having the product right away.

I can't believe no one replied to this. Do you play your games and tournaments at Amazon too or do you go to your local game store then? ALWAYS support your local game store (if you have one), even if buying online saves you couple dollars. Unless you only play at home, but I'm guessing most of us here are playing competetively.

I don't support my local store if prices are ridiculous. I'm not buying a booster box for $128 if T&T has it for $89 and has deals better than the laughable 'in store promotions'. Also, I won't give my SR ultra ball to a store for $18 if I can sell it online for $65+. The idea that we should just support a store just because it's local is ridiculous.

I think he cares more about spending as little as possible than keeping a place where everybody could play Pokemon TCG afloat.

There are 2 reasons why I buy online.

1. The local game store is charging too high a price.
2. The local game store does not have the product.

Other than that, I always go to my LGS due to convenience of having the product right away.

That's a ridiculous assumption. I typically buy yugioh theme decks since a $9 price tag isn't too far off from the $6 online charges. However, just because a store is local, doesn't mean I'll automatically support it.

Would you support a new and local grocery store that charges $8 for a dozen of eggs if you can get it for cheaper? Of course not. It's bullshit, and in all honesty no one should pay more if there's a less expensive version of it. I'll buy singles and certain products such as sleeves or theme decks, but nothing more.

That's a ridiculous assumption. I typically buy yugioh theme decks since a $9 price tag isn't too far off from the $6 online charges. However, just because a store is local, doesn't mean I'll automatically support it.

Would you support a new and local grocery store that charges $8 for a dozen of eggs if you can get it for cheaper? Of course not. It's bullshit, and in all honesty no one should pay more if there's a less expensive version of it. I'll buy singles and certain products such as sleeves or theme decks, but nothing more.

You are basically supporting whoever makes you spend the least amount of cash, and there is nothing wrong with that. I do it too, but only out of convenience, and not because I want to keep a store afloat.

There are a few factors as to what stores I support. Price and distance. I never buy online because after the exchange rate, and duty taxes and all that stuff, buying online costs more than buying locally. Another reason is I like to see what I buy before I buy it. I am picky about how damaged the packaging is.

I can see both sides of the argument here.

If you are in financial trouble, you shouldn't try to support any store who is charging too much. You shouldn't have to sacrifice yourself financially just to keep a struggling store afloat.

If you are loaded, and you decide to not support a local store, because they do not charge the lowest prices out of every single store out there, then you are just being a miser, skinflint, um, er, cheap.

Boosters cost $4, theme decks cost $14, elite trainer boxes cost $40, and that is only the base price. A $4.50 booster pack is reasonable to me. A $5 booster pack is stretching it. $5.50 is too expensive and not worth it. If a booster pack is $3, then cool, but I will not go out of my way to find a store that sells booster packs for $3 or less.

I understand if you don't support a store that sells $5 booster packs, but if you are buying online because they sell $3 booster packs, and your local store sells $4 booster packs, then that is another story.

MTG and Yugioh have this policy where online retailers are not allowed to sell sealed product outside the country, so an Australian cannot make use of the fact that buying online from an American retailer saves them money compared to buying them locally. I personally hate this policy, only because I only buy online from American retailers because they have old sealed product that my local game stores do not have.

There is nothing wrong in being cheap. It's just your spending habits. Likewise, should a person live in a certain city because the state or province does not charge tax? Should someone not drive their car and wait and speculate whether gas prices will go down, and won't fill the tank because 89 cents per litre is still too expensive? Should someone buy necessities in bulk from a foreign country just because it is cheaper to get it there? A person will spend $8 for eggs if it means that they do not have to spend a lot on gas, or go through hoops just to get eggs for a cheaper price. If there are competing stores nearby, they will go to the place that charges less. If the $8 for eggs store is the only store, then they will bite the bullet and pay $8. People from Hong Kong pay a lot for milk, compared to what people pay for in America, so that high price is pretty normal to them.

If you have many local game stores close to one another, it doesn't really matter if you support one or not, but if you have a local game store that is isolated, but needs to charge a lot just to keep the store afloat, if the store goes under, so does all the local players' interest in the Pokemon TCG.

What I am really trying to say is, you should support your local game store. You shouldn't always not support your local game store. Nobody should pour all their cash to one local game store. Buy a few things here and there, don't buy everything from that store regardless of price. If the price is reasonable, don't be cheap and buy online just because the prices are the lowest.

I went to my LGS and I wanted the shining legends elite trainer box, and my LGS charges $55 CDN for it. Normally I would go, "aw hell no", but I wanted it badly, and I was already there, so I bit the bullet and bought it. I also didn't feel like driving to every store, or go cross town just to get it for cheap.

Speaking of rip off, I had to pay $190 CDN for AHL Live, for a team pass. They normally charge $200 USD, but I paid $150 USD for early bird sale, and that translates to $190 CDN. NHL game centre costs $200 USD for full season pass, and the NHL is higher level hockey over AHL, but I want to watch the stream of my local AHL team online. Only way to watch it is to let $200 CDN leak out of my wallet. I had to cheap out on everything. I used to buy elite trainer boxes for each set, and some booster packs here and there, but because watching my local AHL team online is more important, my cash is now only allocated to preconstructed decks, because that is what I like to buy. I don't need to pay for NHL game centre because I can watch my local NHL team's games on TV, and besides, the local NHL team's games are blacked out on NHL game centre, because of regional restrictions.

My local pro independent baseball team charges $25 for the best seats. Other teams in the league charge $15 for similar seats. It sucks, but it is better to just be ripped off and keep the team, rather than have no team. I'm so cheap that I'd rather watch the free streams online rather than attend a game...unless the ballpark has recliners rather than seats, and it is located next door to where I live. Ah whatever, they are well off anyway, compared to those southern teams that come and go each season.

There is a reason why I hate that stupid battle arena deck price increase.

Last edited:
You are basically supporting whoever makes you spend the least amount of cash, and there is nothing wrong with that. I do it too, but only out of convenience, and not because I want to keep a store afloat.

There are a few factors as to what stores I support. Price and distance. I never buy online because after the exchange rate, and duty taxes and all that stuff, buying online costs more than buying locally. Another reason is I like to see what I buy before I buy it. I am picky about how damaged the packaging is.

I can see both sides of the argument here.

If you are in financial trouble, you shouldn't try to support any store who is charging too much. You shouldn't have to sacrifice yourself financially just to keep a struggling store afloat.

If you are loaded, and you decide to not support a local store, because they do not charge the lowest prices out of every single store out there, then you are just being a miser, skinflint, um, er, cheap.

Boosters cost $4, theme decks cost $14, elite trainer boxes cost $40, and that is only the base price. A $4.50 booster pack is reasonable to me. A $5 booster pack is stretching it. $5.50 is too expensive and not worth it. If a booster pack is $3, then cool, but I will not go out of my way to find a store that sells booster packs for $3 or less.

I understand if you don't support a store that sells $5 booster packs, but if you are buying online because they sell $3 booster packs, and your local store sells $4 booster packs, then that is another story.

MTG and Yugioh have this policy where online retailers are not allowed to sell sealed product outside the country, so an Australian cannot make use of the fact that buying online from an American retailer saves them money compared to buying them locally. I personally hate this policy, only because I only buy online from American retailers because they have old sealed product that my local game stores do not have.

There is nothing wrong in being cheap. It's just your spending habits. Likewise, should a person live in a certain city because the state or province does not charge tax? Should someone not drive their car and wait and speculate whether gas prices will go down, and won't fill the tank because 89 cents per litre is still too expensive? Should someone buy necessities in bulk from a foreign country just because it is cheaper to get it there? A person will spend $8 for eggs if it means that they do not have to spend a lot on gas, or go through hoops just to get eggs for a cheaper price. If there are competing stores nearby, they will go to the place that charges less. If the $8 for eggs store is the only store, then they will bite the bullet and pay $8. People from Hong Kong pay a lot for milk, compared to what people pay for in America, so that high price is pretty normal to them.

If you have many local game stores close to one another, it doesn't really matter if you support one or not, but if you have a local game store that is isolated, but needs to charge a lot just to keep the store afloat, if the store goes under, so does all the local players' interest in the Pokemon TCG.

What I am really trying to say is, you should support your local game store. You shouldn't always not support your local game store. Nobody should pour all their cash to one local game store. Buy a few things here and there, don't buy everything from that store regardless of price. If the price is reasonable, don't be cheap and buy online just because the prices are the lowest.

I went to my LGS and I wanted the shining legends elite trainer box, and my LGS charges $55 CDN for it. Normally I would go, "aw hell no", but I wanted it badly, and I was already there, so I bit the bullet and bought it. I also didn't feel like driving to every store, or go cross town just to get it for cheap.

Speaking of rip off, I had to pay $190 CDN for AHL Live, for a team pass. They normally charge $200 USD, but I paid $150 USD for early bird sale, and that translates to $190 CDN. NHL game centre costs $200 USD for full season pass, and the NHL is higher level hockey over AHL, but I want to watch the stream of my local AHL team online. Only way to watch it is to let $200 CDN leak out of my wallet. I had to cheap out on everything. I used to buy elite trainer boxes for each set, and some booster packs here and there, but because watching my local AHL team online is more important, my cash is now only allocated to preconstructed decks, because that is what I like to buy. I don't need to pay for NHL game centre because I can watch my local NHL team's games on TV, and besides, the local NHL team's games are blacked out on NHL game centre, because of regional restrictions.

My local pro independent baseball team charges $25 for the best seats. Other teams in the league charge $15 for similar seats. It sucks, but it is better to just be ripped off and keep the team, rather than have no team. I'm so cheap that I'd rather watch the free streams online rather than attend a game...unless the ballpark has recliners rather than seats, and it is located next door to where I live. Ah whatever, they are well off anyway, compared to those southern teams that come and go each season.

There is a reason why I hate that stupid battle arena deck price increase.

Here's the question I have - why is a T&T/Amazon box about $40 cheaper than the average $120+ prices in a card shop? Is there some sort of monopoly that T&T has? I won't die if I buy 2 packs for about $8.79, but eventually it's just a waste. If I ever see a single, i will buy it, but when it comes to pricier items it makes me not want to buy it at all

Here's the question I have - why is a T&T/Amazon box about $40 cheaper than the average $120+ prices in a card shop? Is there some sort of monopoly that T&T has? I won't die if I buy 2 packs for about $8.79, but eventually it's just a waste. If I ever see a single, i will buy it, but when it comes to pricier items it makes me not want to buy it at all

T&T and Amazon does not have overhead.

Online retailers sell from warehouses. Your LGS, well, what you see in the store is pretty much what they have.

The prices for my LGS is driven by supply and demand. If a lot of people are buying it, and they cannot restock the product fast enough for the demand, up goes the price.

Last edited:
T&T and Amazon does not have overhead.

Online retailers sell from warehouses. Your LGS, well, what you see in the store is pretty much what they have.

The prices for my LGS is driven by supply and demand. If a lot of people are buying it, and they cannot restock the product fast enough for the demand, up goes the price.

Then that's a con that will unfortunately stick for some time. Especially in cases where I can buy 2 boxes for the prices that my LGS charges (yugioh btw), I think they'll have to continue to focus on ways to get money disregarding things such as booster boxes

Can't believe how much these things have gone up in price. You can't play them officially even though they are fun to test your own decks against, at least that's what I buy them for, that and the fact that I want a tapu lele for my collection regardless of whether I can use it or not.

Have no problem with these things, but please put "these aren't tournament legal cards" on the cover.

I wished they changed the way that they make these cards so the can make them legal in some way like the non ultra rate cards are non proxy.

I wished they changed the way that they make these cards so the can make them legal in some way like the non ultra rate cards are non proxy.

I have wanted this for years. why can't they just give us Non Holo GX cards inside these boxes to play with, which have the official Pokemon TCG Backs on the back of the cards. Playing these cards in official tournaments with the cards signed on the front would look so dope! closest thing we have at the moment are pre-release stamped cards, and special event stamped cards, like the Toys R Us Alolan Vulpix card.

I still remember my first worlds deck i bought. don't remember much about it, but it had the word "Ballad" signed on each card and had cards like "Holon's Electrode" in the deck. I miss those Delta Species cards. I guess Alolan Pokemon are kinda like Delta Species, but not really, since they're now canon to the series, and Delta species aren't.

The one worlds deck that made me want to go out and buy real copies of every card to try on my own was the Juniors 2010 Jumpluff "Mass Attack" deck from the HS set (it might of been 2009 but whatever). that deck had the Great Encounters claydol and The Majestic Dawn Uxie draw card with Crobat G SP.

when i built the deck, Claydol had been rotated out, so had to use HS Sunflora in its place. However the deck was able to take a 1st place victory at my first ever battle roads tournament at the time. good times.

There's a reason why this product isn't tournament legal.

It's one thing to look up someone's deck online, and search for the single cards to build the deck.

It is another thing to buy the entire deck for $25, and be competitive in tournaments.

If you want a deck as tournament worthy as these world champ deck, but also tournament legal, better shell out $250.

I have wanted this for years. why can't they just give us Non Holo GX cards inside these boxes to play with, which have the official Pokemon TCG Backs on the back of the cards. Playing these cards in official tournaments with the cards signed on the front would look so dope! closest thing we have at the moment are pre-release stamped cards, and special event stamped cards, like the Toys R Us Alolan Vulpix card.

I still remember my first worlds deck i bought. don't remember much about it, but it had the word "Ballad" signed on each card and had cards like "Holon's Electrode" in the deck. I miss those Delta Species cards. I guess Alolan Pokemon are kinda like Delta Species, but not really, since they're now canon to the series, and Delta species aren't.

The one worlds deck that made me want to go out and buy real copies of every card to try on my own was the Juniors 2010 Jumpluff "Mass Attack" deck from the HS set (it might of been 2009 but whatever). that deck had the Great Encounters claydol and The Majestic Dawn Uxie draw card with Crobat G SP.

when i built the deck, Claydol had been rotated out, so had to use HS Sunflora in its place. However the deck was able to take a 1st place victory at my first ever battle roads tournament at the time. good times.
Easy..they can't make more money that way..

Including cards you can use for competitive tournaments in these decks would lose TPCI an absurd amount of money. For example, all of these decks include Tapu Lele. If they were playable Leles, there would me almost no reason to buy Guardians Rising over something like Burning Shadows. Speaking of Burning Shadows, there would be way less incentive to buy that set as well since 2 of the decks include 3 copies of either Gardevoir-GX and Golisopod-GX, which are the 2 most expensive Regular Art GXs in Burning Shadows, and like Guardians Rising, if playable copies were included in these decks, there would be little to no reason to buy packs of the set.

Bleh idk why they picked the juniors semifinalist deck. Better choices would’ve been greninja or..... yea greninja that’s oretty much it.

Is the deckbox nice at least? And I'm hoping the codes redeem something like sleeves for online. That'd be cool. I like these as it gives me an easy way of having cards to playtest with in person.

Back