Finished Mafia XLV: Heroes of Askr ~ The Winner Is...

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is probably gonna be my only post for the day, since I'm very busy this afternoon.

Alright, after reading through whatever's happened here, I'm gonna go and ##UNVOTE: Neurowolf, and ##VOTE: Gekki. It's time a genuine case came up on you. I've had my suspicions pretty much all game. Jabber brought a lot of points to the table about you being hyperconscious, and making a pretty reachy case (while tunneling) without any substantial evidence to back it up, etc. I especially agree with the "tag all lurkers" point he made. You've been really defensive, contradicting yourself on occasion, and have been quick to make claims based on very little. Let's see, the game hasn't been up for 48 hours yet, and you've already made cases on Neuro, Rainy, and NP. You're trying way too hard, and whenever someone does this I get wary of them immediately. Whenever someone tries harder than the rest and take a leadership position in the scum hunt (you definitely look like you're doing this so far, at least to me), I am immediately worried. See: Camoclone in Mafia XL: Age of Piracy, and bbninjas in Mafia XLI: Dazzling Star if you don't know what I'm talking about. So to sum up this case:

- He seems really hyperconscious.
- He can be defensive, and very contradictory.
- Blatant backpedaling.
- Really quick to build cases that are far reaching and/or have claims that are just not true entirely. He's also tunneled.
- A lot of fluff posting and some wall posts most players won't want to read through. They both accomplish the same thing.
- Hypocrisy (see any of his cases).

However, NP's been acting weird too. Been fluffy, I agree with Gekki that was a backpedal, and I agree with that switching his vote to just pressure an inactive is an odd choice (especially when we've got enough subs, and have information at this point). It's a pretty reaching case, and I don't agree with all of the points, but NP's probably the next best lynch.
Now you got me thinking. @GekkisaiDaiNi This is your first forum game correct?

Alright NP. ANOTHER vote for someone just because they're inactive? You say you're going to vote Neurowolf to get him to talk, then you switch to Lugia to get him to talk? Do you even know what you're doing anymore? I saw your vote for Lugia earlier and I was like "well, sure. He does need to talk." Now I realize that NP has made one single actual case; and that was on page three and it lasted for like 10 minutes. Everything else has been "trying to get them to talk".

NP is flip-flopping and making multiple bad cases (yes Lorde, something I'm guilty of too), in addition to mine and morda's other points on him.
Yes, unless you count Speed Mafia.

Yes, unless you count Speed Mafia
Let's see, the game hasn't been up for 48 hours yet, and you've already made cases on Neuro, Rainy, and NP. You're trying way too hard, and whenever someone does this I get wary of them immediately. Whenever someone tries harder than the rest and take a leadership position in the scum hunt (you definitely look like you're doing this so far, at least to me), I am immediately worried. See: Camoclone in Mafia XL: Age of Piracy, and bbninjas in Mafia XLI: Dazzling Star if you don't know what I'm talking about. So to sum up this case:
Camo and bb are really experienced players so take into account that he isn't as experienced as them.
Alright NP. ANOTHER vote for someone just because they're inactive? You say you're going to vote Neurowolf to get him to talk, then you switch to Lugia to get him to talk? Do you even know what you're doing anymore? I saw your vote for Lugia earlier and I was like "well, sure. He does need to talk." Now I realize that NP has made one single actual case; and that was on page three and it lasted for like 10 minutes. Everything else has been "trying to get them to talk".

NP is flip-flopping and making multiple bad cases (yes Lorde, something I'm guilty of too), in addition to mine and morda's other points on him.
You don't even mention lordes post? Shifting attention to NP again?
For now:
##unvote
##vote: GekkisaiDaiNi

@NinjaPenguin Your still scummy though and if gekki responds to lordes case I will switch my vote again to you.

This is probably gonna be my only post for the day, since I'm very busy this afternoon.

Alright, after reading through whatever's happened here, I'm gonna go and ##UNVOTE: Neurowolf, and ##VOTE: Gekki. It's time a genuine case came up on you. I've had my suspicions pretty much all game. Jabber brought a lot of points to the table about you being hyperconscious, and making a pretty reachy case (while tunneling) without any substantial evidence to back it up, etc. I especially agree with the "tag all lurkers" point he made. You've been really defensive, contradicting yourself on occasion, and have been quick to make claims based on very little. Let's see, the game hasn't been up for 48 hours yet, and you've already made cases on Neuro, Rainy, and NP. You're trying way too hard, and whenever someone does this I get wary of them immediately. Whenever someone tries harder than the rest and take a leadership position in the scum hunt (you definitely look like you're doing this so far, at least to me), I am immediately worried. See: Camoclone in Mafia XL: Age of Piracy, and bbninjas in Mafia XLI: Dazzling Star if you don't know what I'm talking about. So to sum up this case:

- He seems really hyperconscious.
- He can be defensive, and very contradictory.
- Blatant backpedaling.
- Really quick to build cases that are far reaching and/or have claims that are just not true entirely. He's also tunneled.
- A lot of fluff posting and some wall posts most players won't want to read through. They both accomplish the same thing.
- Hypocrisy (see any of his cases).

However, NP's been acting weird too. Been fluffy, I agree with Gekki that was a backpedal, and I agree with that switching his vote to just pressure an inactive is an odd choice (especially when we've got enough subs, and have information at this point). It's a pretty reaching case, and I don't agree with all of the points, but NP's probably the next best lynch.
To be completely honest, you're right. I followed the rainy case because it seemed to have the best logic then, and I tunneled him because I was trying to get a better answer. I backpedaled because I realized the rainy case was bad, and that the town had nothing to gain from it. I've been quick to build cases because I want to find scum and multiple people were scummy to me, and it seemed like if I pressured multiple people, I would get multiple different responses, and be able to figure out who was the scummiest based off them. I thought the wall posts would help; how should I post instead? I'm not trying to be a hypocrite, but I can see that I have been.

As to being hyper conscious, I thought if I responded to all the points that had been made on me, that would help me. Like, I thought if I tried to show people their points on me were wrong, they would realize I was town. I can see why that it's scummy at the same time, though.

Interesting. Why do you think it's bad? I probably missed it if you already explained that. I remember you said it's the best one out of all the people you accused.
I said that multiple pages ago. It's bad because the points on him are all flimsy, and the only defense he can give to them is "I didn't do it", which basically means that the town has very little basis to pick a side on the lynch on him. Then, NP started acting scummier and he became a much better lynch option than rainy, at least IMO.

Day 1, Vote Count 2- Up To Post 207
@NinjaPenguin (3)- rainyman123 (28- ), mordacazir (73-203), Neurowolf (74-), GekkisaiDaiNi (173-)
Jabberwock (2)- Celever (29-), GekkisaiDaiNi(30-58)

Neurowolf (1)- Lord o da rings (35-200), NinjaPenguin (54-190), scattered mind (79-)
@lugia_Likes2dab! (3)- Jadethepokemontrainer (36-), Blob55 (93-), NinjaPenguin (190-)
rainyman123 (0)- scattered mind (39-79),GekkisaiDaiNi (58-173), Jabberwock(72-172)

@GekkisaiDaiNi (3)- NinjaPenguin(44-54), Jabberwock (172-), Lord o da rings (200-), mordacazir (203-)
Not Voting (1)- Lugia_Likes2Dab

Votes are in chronological order. The players with the most votes have been tagged. Keep in mind that in order to lynch a player in this game, they must have a majority of the vote by the end of the day. There are 12 players alive, so the majority is 7 votes. @Lugia_Likes2Dab has yet to confirm their role or post in thread.

@Jadethepokemontrainer @Blob55 Why do you have a vote on Lugia?
And changing my vote to NP again because if NP is lynched, we get information on multiple people (especially Gekki). And all the other people who got voted by NP.
It's not because his answer to lordes case, where he basically admitted to doing all of it.
##unvote
##vote: Ninjapenguin
Jabberwock (2)- Celever (29-)
And Celever has a double vote weight. @Celever This is still your RVS vote so please remove it.

@Jadethepokemontrainer it would be really great if you'd start contributing to the game like morda says here. You were just viewing the thread. You've asked us to give you a rundown of what's going on, we have, and you said you have time to read back now, so you must have some kind of opinion.
I don't have long periods of time online throughout the day, so I've been reading back and working on a larger post in the little bits that I am on.

This was my RVS vote ##UNVOTE

@Jadethepokemontrainer it would be really great if you'd start contributing to the game like morda says here. You were just viewing the thread. You've asked us to give you a rundown of what's going on, we have, and you said you have time to read back now, so you must have some kind of opinion.
Just noticed this bit this is echoing. Also @rainyman123 I wanna know if you intentionally left your vote on NP or just think he's scummy. And last but not least for today: @scattered mind Why are you posting less than last games? Lurking?

Because:
1. He's been seen lurking for about 5-10 mins here
2. He isn't away because he wanted to start a Werewolf game in Discord last night
3. He's played the silent card once before when he was a wolf in Discord
4. He hasn't made a single post here to defend himself, despite people seeing him online since the game started

Because:
1. He's been seen lurking for about 5-10 mins here
2. He isn't away because he wanted to start a Werewolf game in Discord last night
3. He's played the silent card once before when he was a wolf in Discord
4. He hasn't made a single post here to defend himself, despite people seeing him online since the game started
We need a majority to lynch and no one is going to vote for Lugia. What's the point of keeping your vote on him?

@mordacazir I do think NP is slightly scummy, but that was just my RVS vote and I kinda forgot about it thru all this, but I think I might keep it for now.

@NinjaPenguin who do you think is scum? Not inactive. Not a safe vote for "pressure". You were the first one to make a "real vote" after a page or so of RVS––surely you can come up with something.
"Real Vote" is-uh-actually an indicator my vote wasn't real. I do it in RVS to try to pressure people. But, I'm leaning towards Morda and Gekki, which I'll try to explain (at least on morda) in the next post.
Sorry, I don't know who the you in that post was. Must have been confused.

So now you've read back can you give your opinion? :L

Hey! I have found a fault in your reasoning. Pressuring inactives. We have enough subs now NP.

Yes it is.
Backpedaling - Verb. When a player goes back on something said previously;also refers to when a player suddenly stops scumhunting.
Also @NinjaPenguin your the number 1 lynch canditate right now. Do something abour it.
Oh I prob. wasn't clear on that. My vote was "get talking" and not a real vote like Blob's. It was just a decent use of my vote while I formulate a case. Pressuring to speak and pressuring to lynch is different.
And changing my vote to NP again because if NP is lynched, we get information on multiple people (especially Gekki). And all the other people who got voted by NP.
It's not because his answer to lordes case, where he basically admitted to doing all of it.
##unvote

And Celever has a double vote weight. @Celever This is still your RVS vote so please remove it.
Yep. All those 3 people I've voted for. Gekki is the real info lynch, if you want that.

Yes, unless you count Speed Mafia.
I don't think I've made a single case this whole game. I haven't found the time to make them, so I'm placing a vote for a different reason. The flip-flop is because I have no good reason rn. You are expecting me to be some MVP super active player, which I frankly can't be because I'm dealing with a ton of work and medical drama. So I try to do the next best thing: try to get a bit of work out of early posts and build a case when I have the time.

Yep. All those 3 people I've voted for. Gekki is the real info lynch, if you want that.
Why am I a better lynch for info than you? Who do we get info on by lynching me? If we lynch you, we get info on me, but if you lynch me, who do we get info on? No one-at least no one that I can see.

ISO on Morda:
SM think its a valid case for the first few hours of day 1? Do you think the same here? Because its pretty much the same problem.

This is a good reason.

Why? Why? Have ever tried to use pokebeach on your phone?

He's a new player and he probably doesn't even know what omgus is.
Sorry for this, but I just wanted to make a point that it's a stupid idea. And no, @NinjaPenguin , omgus from a new player isn't what I call good reasoning for a lynch.

Saying that you get ninjad isn't really defending in my opinion. And how is he shutting down some conversation?

Pressuring a new player, the best way to lynch townies day 1.
Little bit of fluff but I guess it's okay?

@quakingpunch73 @bbninjas I don't know if the thread should have sign-ups when it already started
I have some more things I want to say something about, but this should be the most imoortant stuff. (Dont have a lot of time rn)
This is some weird analyzing of XLIII, but wtv. The lowest part is him not reading the conversation, and beginning to tunnel me. I had responded to these comments before.
@GekkisaiDaiNi
1. Isn't really important right now because we don't know the alignement of 1 them.
2. He is acting slightly out of character, but I haven't played with him since dazzling star. Is still pretty scummy.
3. Where? I cant find it.
4. You are the one pressuring him. If he wouldn't react strongly he will get even more pressure. It isn't scummy.

I think this is a townie reaction. But that's out of character.

I just don't believe this honestly. Discord mafia is with a lot less players so it mist be different.

This isn't a "coached" reaction. Still don't understand why you think he's scum. Can someone catch me up on that?

You just kept pressuring him when he gave a good defense. That's why it's tunneling.
Reads list:
@rainyman123 - Slight scum - Don't believe Gekki's case, but he does hace a different meta.
And don't have a lot of time right now, will finish this when I come home.
This tries to do a lot. He defends rainy, and then flops back by making rainy a slight scum read. This is a major scum strategy. He's working to get rainy, a townie, lynched, but is putting stuff as fallback because he knows that will fail. Also, reads lists are way scummy if you aren't about to die.
It's a decent question. Not really much to be gleaned from here.
Sorry, I don't know who the you in that post was. Must have been confused.

So now you've read back can you give your opinion? :L

Hey! I have found a fault in your reasoning. Pressuring inactives. We have enough subs now NP.

Yes it is.
Backpedaling - Verb. When a player goes back on something said previously;also refers to when a player suddenly stops scumhunting.
Also @NinjaPenguin your the number 1 lynch canditate right now. Do something abour it.
This is the post that really tips me off. I've almost never seen any aggression from Morda, let alone this (reads to me as super passive-aggressive). That bottom half of the post is so unusual from him, and I can't help but think it's because he's scum again. Also, please explain where I did backpedal. Because I explained why I didn't and you haven't countered it at all. For the second time this game, he's ignoring what I'm saying to defend myself. And I believe that may be scum wanting to eliminate experienced players.
Finally, being exciting to "find a flaw" in my reasoning is something I read as scum wanting to capitalize on a small thing, not town wanting to find the best lynch. Because there have been plenty of reasoning flaws so for this game.
Camo and bb are really experienced players so take into account that he isn't as experienced as them.

You don't even mention lordes post? Shifting attention to NP again?
For now:
##unvote
##vote: GekkisaiDaiNi

@NinjaPenguin Your still scummy though and if gekki responds to lordes case I will switch my vote again to you.
Good enough points there.
##unvote

This flip-flop that he claims is for no reason really is certainly interesting... "All the other people" who got voted by me=2. Gekki has actually voted with intent to lynch more than I have. Also, he should know why posting vw helps town absolutely 0 by now.
Just noticed this bit this is echoing. Also @rainyman123 I wanna know if you intentionally left your vote on NP or just think he's scummy. And last but not least for today: @scattered mind Why are you posting less than last games? Lurking?
This is also a good post. I was wondering the same about scattered.

tl;dr
Points towards scum:
-Scum Flip-Flop on Rainy's alignment.
-Ignores my arguments.
-Posts vw even if it helps nobody but scum.
-Uses shady reasoning (the last vote for me over Gekki for no reason, happy to find a flaw) that makes him seem opportunistic to lynch a vet.
-Extremely unusually aggressive.

Points towards town:
-He's asking questions that I was wondering myself.

For me, that one point is completely overwhelmed by that crazy aggression, ignoring me (in efforts to get a lynch on a vet), and the classic (and only helpful to scum) flip-flop and vw comment:
##UNVOTE: Lugia_likes2dab!
##VOTE: Mordacazir

Day 1, Vote Count 2- Up To Post 207
@NinjaPenguin (3)- rainyman123 (28- ), mordacazir (73-203), Neurowolf (74-), GekkisaiDaiNi (173-)
Jabberwock (2)- Celever (29-), GekkisaiDaiNi(30-58)

Neurowolf (1)- Lord o da rings (35-200), NinjaPenguin (54-190), scattered mind (79-)
@lugia_Likes2dab! (3)- Jadethepokemontrainer (36-), Blob55 (93-), NinjaPenguin (190-)
rainyman123 (0)- scattered mind (39-79),GekkisaiDaiNi (58-173), Jabberwock(72-172)

@GekkisaiDaiNi (3)- NinjaPenguin(44-54), Jabberwock (172-), Lord o da rings (200-), mordacazir (203-)
Not Voting (1)- Lugia_Likes2Dab

Votes are in chronological order. The players with the most votes have been tagged. Keep in mind that in order to lynch a player in this game, they must have a majority of the vote by the end of the day. There are 12 players alive, so the majority is 7 votes. @Lugia_Likes2Dab has yet to confirm their role or post in thread.
Why am I a better lynch for info than you? Who do we get info on by lynching me? If we lynch you, we get info on me, but if you lynch me, who do we get info on? No one-at least no one that I can see.
You've voted for 3 people (2 genuinely), as seen above.
I've voted for 4 people now, but only one genuine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back