TCG Fakes Joffery's Text-Based Pokémon-GX and Rare Cards!

joffreyspikes

Aspiring Trainer
Hello there, in this thread I will be posting my ideas for brand new Pokémon TCG cards, mostly GX cards, from the Sun and Moon era. My first one is an idea for a Magnezone-GX: I think this is an exciting prospect because it brings back the Dual Brains ability last seen in the Team Plasma days!

Magnezone-GX 240 HP

Stage 2 Electric-type

Ability: Dual Brains

During your turn, you may play two Supporter cards.

CC: Dual Bullet

This attack does 50 damage to 2 of your opponent's Pokémon. Apply Weakness and Resistance.

LCC: Complete Circuit GX

Replace 5 cards from your hand with 5 cards from your discard pile.

Weakness: F Resistance: M Retreat: CCC

Last edited:
Salamence-GX 250 HP

Stage 2 Dragon-type

Ability: Intimidate

"when you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may use this Ability. During your opponents next turn, your opponents Active Pokémon's attacks do 40 less damage to your Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

RWCC: Double-Edge 160

This Pokemon does 40 damage to itself.

RCC: Howl of Terror-GX 30x

This attack does 30 damage times the number of cards in each player's hand.

Weakness: Y Resistance: none Retreat: C

Last edited:
Camerupt-GX 210 HP

Stage 1 Fire-type

RC: Uneasy Vengeance
20x

Flip a coin for each Pokémon in your discard pile. This attack does 20 damage for each heads.

RRCC: Eruption 200-

This attack does 200 damage minus 10 for each damage counter on this Pokémon.

RC: Passionate Charge-GX 130

Discard all cards attached to your opponent's Active Pokémon.

Weakness: W Resistance: none Retreat: CCCC

Vespiquen-GX 200 HP
Stage 1 Grass-type

CC: Revenge Swarm

This attack does 10 damage times the number of Grass-type Pokemon in your discard pile to one of your opponent's Pokémon.

CCCC: Painful Sting

Discard both Active Pokémon and all cards attached to them.

CC: Resourceful-GX

Shuffle your hand into your deck and draw a card for each Item card in your discard pile.

Weakness: R Resistance: none Retreat: C

Malamar-GX 210 HP

Stage 1 Darkness-type

Ability: Port of Call

Once during your turn, before your attack, you may search your deck for a Darkness or Psychic Pokémon (excluding Pokémon-EX or Pokémon-GX) and put them into your hand.

DC: Night Slash 70

DC: Cruel Swipe-GX 100

Discard all Special Energy from each of your opponent's Pokémon.

Weakness: F Resistance: P Retreat: CC

Aegislash-GX (Shield Forme) 240 HP

Stage 2 Metal/Psychic-type

Ability: Stance Change

Once during your turn (before you attack), you may switch this Pokémon with an Aegislash or Aegislash-GX from your hand. (Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.)

CCC: King's Shield

Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, or Abilities done to this Pokémon by your opponent's Pokémon during your opponent's next turn. Flip 2 coins. If either of them are tails, this Pokémon cannot use King's Shield during your next turn.

CCC: Swing Guard-GX

Switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon. Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, or Abilities done to that Pokémon by your opponent's Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.

Weakness: R Resistance: P Retreat: CCC

Aegislash-GX (Blade Forme) 240 HP

Stage 2 Metal/Psychic-type

Once during your turn (before you attack), you may switch this Pokémon with an Aegislash or Aegislash-GX from your hand. (Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditions, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.)

CCC: Sniping Slash

Discard as many Metal Energy from this Pokémon as you like. For each energy you discarded, place 9 damage counters on one of your opponent's Pokémon. This Pokémon cannot use Sniping Slash during your next turn.

CCC: Buster Swing-GX 100

This attack does 30 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: R Resistance: P Retreat: CCC

Vast Poni Canyon (Stadium)

Each player can play their Stage 2 Pokémon from their hand directly to evolve their respective Basic Pokémon.

(I know this thread is meant to be new GXs but I couldnt resist after I thought of this idea!)

Last edited:
Diancie-GX (Ground) 170 HP

Basic Ground type

Ability: (Name not decided)

Once during your turn, before you attack, when you play this card from your hand to your Bench, you may reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal an Energy card. Attach it to one of your Pokemon.

[F][C][C] (Name not decided): 100 damage

You may move a Basic Energy from one of your Benched Pokemon to one of your other Benched Pokemon

[F][C][C] Diamond Storm: 160 damage

You may move as many Energy cards attached to your Pokemon as you like to any of your other Pokemon.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Diancie-GX (Ground) 170 HP

Basic Ground type

Ability: (Name not decided)

Once during your turn, before you attack, when you play this card from your hand to your Bench, you may reveal cards from the top of your deck until you reveal an Energy card. Attach it to one of your Pokemon.

[F][C][C] (Name not decided): 100 damage

You may move a Basic Energy from one of your Benched Pokemon to one of your other Benched Pokemon

[F][C][C] Diamond Storm: 160 damage

You may move as many Energy cards attached to your Pokemon as you like to any of your other Pokemon.

Weakness: [G] x2
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]
I like it a lot! But I think you mean Fighting-type because in the Pokémon Trading Card Gaem, Rock-types are also Fighting. And also, is Diamond Storm meant to be the GX attack?

I like it a lot! But I think you mean Fighting-type because in the Pokémon Trading Card Gaem, Rock-types are also Fighting. And also, is Diamond Storm meant to be the GX attack?
Yeah. I meant to say Fighting type, and yes, Diamond Storm is the GX move.

Thanks again! Love me some Vespi as well, I do, and will continue to play it in Expanded. And to make up for its rotation...
Eyy! Another Vespi player :D I have an awesome list that I've been using in Expanded lately that incorporates both the Zoroark from Black and White (It has Foul Play for a DCE!) and BREAKthrough Zoroark that's done extremely well so far.

Anyways, back to the subject at hand. I'm loving these cards! Especially Malamar-GX and Vespiquen-GX (not predictable at all). I especially like Painful Sting on Vespi GX. Keep up the good work!

Loving your cards so far!
You should definitely check out the common wording errors compilation to make your cards even more realistic!

Here are a couple wording errors I noticed:

Once during your turn, before your attack, you may switch this Pokémon with an Aegislash or Aegislash-GX in your hand. If you do, all remaining damage counters, attached cards and Special Conditions remain on that Pokémon.
This should read: "Once during your turn (before you attack), you may switch this Pokémon with an Aegislash or Aegislash-GX from your hand. (Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditiona, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.)"

References: Ninja Boy

Vast Poni Canyon (Stadium)

Each player can play their Stage 2 Pokémon from their hand directly to evolve their respective Basic Pokémon.
"Each player's Basic Pokemon can evolve directly into their Stage 2 Pokemon"
This one I'm not to sure about, but it's the best I could come up with.

References: Rare Candy, Forest of Giant Plants.

Switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon. Prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, or Abilities done to that Pokémon by your opponent's Pokémon during your opponent's next turn.
"Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. Prevent all effects of attacks and Abilities, including damage and placement of damage counters done to the new active Pokémon by your opponents Pokémon during your opponent's next turn"
Again, this one's kinda my best guess, but it makes more sense to me than the original text.

References: Machoke GUR 64

Ability: Intimidate

When you play this Pokemon from your hand to evolve one of your Pokemon, you may use this ability. During your opponent's next turn, your opponent's Active Pokemon does 40 less damage to your Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).
"when you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve 1 of your Pokémon during your turn, you may use this Ability. During your opponents next turn, your opponents Active Pokémon's attacks do 40 less damage to your Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

References: Tapu Lele GX

Those are the big errors I noticed.
Hope this helps and please keep up the good work! These cards are awesome!
I'd love to request a Sunflora GX if your interested!

I made this on a website with your Magnazone ideas

Attachments

• Magnazone Card Real.png
    Magnazone Card Real.png
    133.9 KB · Views: 12
I made this on a website with your Magnazone ideas
Oh my goodness that is beautiful! Thank you so much.

Loving your cards so far!
You should definitely check out the common wording errors compilation to make your cards even more realistic!

Here are a couple wording errors I noticed:

This should read: "Once during your turn (before you attack), you may switch this Pokémon with an Aegislash or Aegislash-GX from your hand. (Any attached cards, damage counters, Special Conditiona, turns in play, and any other effects remain on the new Pokémon.)"

References: Ninja Boy

"Each player's Basic Pokemon can evolve directly into their Stage 2 Pokemon"
This one I'm not to sure about, but it's the best I could come up with.

References: Rare Candy, Forest of Giant Plants.

"Switch this Pokémon with 1 of your Benched Pokémon. Prevent all effects of attacks and Abilities, including damage and placement of damage counters done to the new active Pokémon by your opponents Pokémon during your opponent's next turn"
Again, this one's kinda my best guess, but it makes more sense to me than the original text.

References: Machoke GUR 64

References: Tapu Lele GX

Those are the big errors I noticed.
Hope this helps and please keep up the good work! These cards are awesome!
I'd love to request a Sunflora GX if your interested!
Thanks very much for the wording help. Unfortunately I can't stand Sunflora as a Pokémon so I am going to have to think hard for a way to make it decent, but will try for you!!

Back