News 'Tapu Lele Pin Box' in August!

Kyrushi

Squirrel
Thank God it's not a GX box to be honest. I hate how prominent it is in the meta right now and want it to stop. I can't tell you how many times I lost a game just because they could get any supporter and use it immediately.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
But given that Tapu Lele GX is a staple in basically all decks now, putting it in a box could definitely make the game more accessible for everyone. Perhaps they could make more money in the long run if everyone could make competitive decks.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
But given that Tapu Lele GX is a staple in basically all decks now, putting it in a box could definitely make the game more accessible for everyone. Perhaps they could make more in the long run if everyone could make competitive decks.
A fair point. I would want to actually use my Leles rather than leaving them in the binder if it weren't for how few of them I even have.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
This is surprisingly a good card. Tapu Lele-GX will get a promo card at some point. Unlike Shaymin-EX, it is actually important to the anime series.

SupremeLeaderQuagsire

Aspiring Trainer
This is surprisingly a good card. Tapu Lele-GX will get a promo card at some point. Unlike Shaymin-EX, it is actually important to the anime series.
That isn't really evidence...
Like WPM said, it's a chase card, and is getting people to buy packs in order to pull it. Making it a promo would stop that. (And yes, they would start to buy the promos, but I digress.) The card would be come less valuable, and Pokémon would be making less money. As much as we all wish for it to happen, I'm pretty sure we wont be getting it.

wonderful_whismur

The most wonderful whismur in the world
Like WPM said, it's a chase card, and is getting people to buy packs in order to pull it. Making it a promo would stop that. (And yes, they would start to buy the promos, but I digress.) The card would be come less valuable, and Pokémon would be making less money. As much as we all wish for it to happen, I'm pretty sure we wont be getting it.
Decidueye GX was a chase card which got a promo so I won't be too shocked about that.

Mr. Rhyperior

The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
Why no Tapu Lele-GX Pin Collection? :T

Although, in all honesty, this card is decent. May see a little bit of play as a tech in Garb.
If it happens, it is just like they sell money.

As our conversation with Mr. Dittopix about the unofficial set list for BUS, if this thing continues, looks we're getting Bulu pin or figure, same as Lele and Koko. The one with Tapu Strike that deals 120 if you use a GX attack this game

Zamuron

Aspiring Trainer
Well Tapu lele GX could get a reprint.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*

They will still be moving packs though. There will be at least two GR packs in a promo box. On top of that, this product won't be around everywhere and would give others a chance to get a Tapu Lele-GX cheaper. They don't make money on individual card sells.

MorningSTAR1337

Aspiring Trainer
I'm still hoping for Tapu Lele GX and Tapu Fini GX tins. The card looks nice though.

As would I, but it would depend on if they want to feature all the Tapu in tins or not, as well if they feel the sales are worth the offset losses from missed Guardians Rising sales (and there is a precedent, Decidueye GX [though that was due to starter status and that the Full arts aren't in SM Base for some reason], Volcaneon EX, Mewtwo EX.)

Draskk

Blast From The Past
Thank God it's not a GX box to be honest. I hate how prominent it is in the meta right now and want it to stop. I can't tell you how many times I lost a game just because they could get any supporter and use it immediately.
Come on, that's a bit silly. I play 1 Lele, 1 Shaymin, 2 Oranguru and it doesn't slow me down. I beat people who use SR Ultra Balls to grab Rainbow Leles to grab Fullart Ns. No matter how good the card is, it's not like every deck is running four like Sycamore or VS Seeker for example. You can play the game without it.

SpunkyBandy

Aspiring Trainer
file.jpg

Reminder that there is a Tapu Lele figurine created by Takara Tomy and is up for sale on various Japanese shopping sites!

BeebubZ

yum... Just won a free booster box <3
Its like a mini Mewtwo Ex, Little dulled down but only 1 prize card at kill. Seems fair, i can see it in a few decks especially garb decks.