News 'Pokémon Ultra Sun' and 'Ultra Moon' Coming in November for the 3DS!

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
I would've preferred a sequel with new routes and such. It just looks like a remake of a game that came out six months ago. I know it's just been announced but there's nothing that tells me I need to immediately buy it. We'll see.

Deck Maker Xerneas

Deck Builder
At this point, with the very limited knowledge we have with the like 30 sec trailer, the "new Pokemon" really feel like a lazy black kyurem/white kyurem rehash with necrozma and our two original cover legendaries. I could end up being entirely wrong. It's still too early to tell.

As for the alternate timeline thing. I'm on the fence. At this moment, I will say that I would've preferred a sequel, as now it feels like they didn't like the original Pokemon Sun and Moon storyline and need to rewrite it. However, I am definitely willing to stay open-minded as I have never truly been disappointed by a main series Pokemon game before.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
"new Pokemon that were not originally in Sun and Moon"

I really hope this isn't just referring to old Pokémon not included in the S/M Pokémon and/or new forms.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Seeing as they're releasing two sister games for Pokemon Sun and Moon, I hope that they go along the Black & White 2 route and make them sequels that take place a couple years after the events of the original games and give us new areas to go to, maybe even a new area to start from. Maybe we'll see Lillie and Lusamine again!

Also, these Necrozma/Solgaleo and Necrozma/Lunala fusions look awesome. I wonder what the story behind this fusion is going to be about as they didn't even give us any hints unlike how they did with Kyurem. This will definitely be interesting.

Another thing, since this is a continuation of Gen 7, we won't be seeing any new Pokemon but as you can see here, we'll definitely be seeing some new formes.

mirdo

Seagull Overlord and Business Entrepreneur
W I N G U L L I N T H E T R A I L E R

Teaser looks premising. Im looking forward to it ^^.

Also. If you look at the Wingull flying. Does that mean that you can have your Pokémon follow you again?
It does look like it stays on you the whole time when you walk up the hill.

Quote this thread when they confirmed it.

VinculumStellarum

Hello Tomorrow, going well? Any luck?
I would've preferred a sequel with new routes and such. It just looks like a remake of a game that came out six months ago. I know it's just been announced but there's nothing that tells me I need to immediately buy it. We'll see.
Then again, didn't B2W2 do the same thing? It came out just about two years later, but people still loved it. The gap's a bit closer this time, but who knows? Maybe it'll be the same.

I'm personally not sure what to think of this right now; reading this as laziness on TPC's part for now.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah. Kinda disappointed at no DP remakes. Not gonna lie, Ultra Solgaleo looks cool (Ultra Lunala looks dumb though) but still, Alola again? The region is so boring to me. Maybe they change it a bit for these. Still preferred Sinnoh.
On the other hand, depending on the exclusive features of these games (how the forms work, old pokémon added), I finally may not need to buy both games this time (which hasn't happened since Gen 4).

Last edited:

dotamin

Aspiring Trainer
I sincerely hope 'new pokemon' refers to actual new pokemon we haven't seen before or new alolan forms, not old pokemon that weren't included in the pokedex the first time. But I'm hyped nonetheless!

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
Yeah. Kinda disappointed at no DP remakes. Not gonna lie, Ultra Solgaleo looks cool (Ultra Lunala looks dumb though) but still, Alola again? The region is so boring to me. Maybe they change it a bit for these. Still preferred Sinnoh.

This was to be expected. We've always has a sister game or sequel/s in each generation with the exception of Gen 6. We'll probably see Diamond and Pearl remakes in late 2018 or early 2019.

I sincerely hope 'new pokemon' refers to actual new pokemon we haven't seen before or new alolan forms, not old pokemon that weren't included in the pokedex the first time. But I'm hyped nonetheless!

Since these games are a continuation of Gen 7, we'll probably only see new inter-changeable formes. That means no new Pokemon and no new Alolan Pokemon.

Last edited by a moderator:

postmodern_pinko

So postmodern
Almost took the 'Ultra' at face value, but it's clearly supposed to refer to the Ultra Beasts. Does this suggest Necrozma is a UB? It's separated from them in S&M but hmm. I wonder what kind of lore we'll see regarding the UBs.