News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Seems ok, could be really good at prerelease if you pulled a stage 1 GX such as Salazzle for example.

if sparkling prayer was colorless instead of fairy energy it'd likely be a must play in most stage 2 decks, as it is you need to be running rainbow or fairy energy in your deck for it to be useful.

Why Diancie requires a fairy energy... This would be a great boon to many evolution decks (except new Gardevoir GX)

And mega evolution decks

Looks good but it's not splashable, so will only be as good as the Fairy partners that you run it with. The obvious choice from the cards revealed is Gardevoir-GX.

Next problem will be figuring out the counts - you'd probably prefer to start with it and accelerate in the early game but 3 or 4 Diancie is a waste of space once you've set up.

That said, it's good to see another card that's Garbodor-proof - it helps you set up without using Items (which is the direction TPCi seems to be taking us).

Last edited:
Why Diancie requires a fairy energy... This would be a great boon to many evolution decks (except new Gardevoir GX)

And mega evolution decks
It requires a fairy energy just because if it was colourless this card would be too good and could be used in any evolution deck without suffering from adding a different energy type.

Just curious if Sparkling Prayer counts as evolving that Pokemon that turn then are you able to play an evolution card and then evolve that same Pokemon using Diance's move? For example on turn two play brionne from hand to evolve popplio and then use move to evolve to primarina. Fairy energy hurts though.

Just curious if Sparkling Prayer counts as evolving that Pokemon that turn then are you able to play an evolution card and then evolve that same Pokemon using Diance's move? For example on turn two play brionne from hand to evolve popplio and then use move to evolve to primarina. Fairy energy hurts though.
I'm pretty sure when it says on the card "this counts as evolving that Pokemon" that it means the sparkling prayer counts as your evolution for that turn so you can't evolve that Pokemon again on the same turn.

I'm pretty sure when it says on the card "this counts as evolving that Pokemon" that it means the sparkling prayer counts as your evolution for that turn so you can't evolve that Pokemon again on the same turn.

I disagree actually.

If the attack couldn't target a Pokémon that you've put into play (or evolved) on this turn then it would explicitly state this in the attack's text. A good comparison in this instance is Evosoda:

You can’t use this card during your first turn or on a Pokémon that was put into play this turn.

So, yes, @Rindon you'd be able to get your Stage 2 Primarina out by your second turn.

Just one caveat though - we'll have to wait for the English translation to 100% confirm this!

I disagree actually.

If the attack couldn't target a Pokémon that you've put into play (or evolved) on this turn then it would explicitly state this in the attack's text. A good comparison in this instance is Evosoda:

So, yes, @Rindon you'd be able to get your Stage 2 Primarina out by your second turn.

Just one caveat though - we'll have to wait for the English translation to 100% confirm this!

Good point. So when you evolve from your hand during your turn it will be separate from the attack which then evolved the Pokemon that you could have just evolved. But yeah you're right we need to wait for the translation, this could potentially be a very viable card in stage 2 decks. Could even work with a charizard GX deck with shrine of memories and generations charmander. The problem being the fairy energy but could work.

As the Flareon card with the Flare effect ability states "each of your stage 1 Pokemon in play is now a fire Pokemon in addition to its existing types." This is a crazy idea and is probably not allowed but if a flareon (flare effect) is on the bench and Ho-Oh's eternal light GX attack is used can any stage one EX/ GX be picked? I am probably mixing this up and not sure what is classed as in play but if the GX attack allows you to search your discard for EX/GX does that classify them as "in play?" Because if you are searching and every stage 1 in your discard counts as being in play the flare effect would be activated on them causing all stages 1 Pokémon in your discard to be a fire type aswell. Meaning you can pick any stage 1 EX/ GX. This is probably me not understanding the rules but if anyone could answer that would be great. Although if this is allowed it won't make much difference as flareon (flare effect) will rotate out soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
@WastedSkyPirate @Lukata

That was my thought as well, that you could evolve a Pokemon using the move. However instead of evosoda I was thinking of Wally which does state that it can be used on first turn and on a Pokemon which already evolved during that turn. Since this move doesn't state that I wasn't sure.

I just had a thought. If the second evolution is a result of the conclusion of the move and therefore occurs at the end of your turn, then that evolution technically did not occur during same turn?

Sorry @Lukata , but cards in the discard pile are specifically not "in play". In Play refers to the mons on your bench or in the active, not in your deck or discard.

Sorry @Lukata , but cards in the discard pile are specifically not "in play". In Play refers to the mons on your bench or in the active, not in your deck or discard.
Yeah thanks, I thought it wouldn't work I was just curios as to maybe when you play the attack searching the discard for Pokemon classes them as in play.

Diancie/Gardevoir GX. No question. Could also be used with the Mega Gardevoirs but they don't really need the help. And the artwork is so great on all these cards so far, I love it!

Seems ok, could be really good at prerelease if you pulled a stage 1 GX such as Salazzle for example.

We're not likely getting another Salandit in Burning Shadows to go along with it though, just like how we didn't get another Grubbin/Charjabug for the Vikavolt GX in Guardians Rising.

Back