TCG Fakes Tyler's Funky Fakes (Image-Based) (Requests Open)

Done with the first three requests! The other two reqs I've recieved will be done in a few days. After that, I promise I won't take as long with any requests, since I'm usually capable of making cards at a much faster rate than recently. Again, really sorry!

As requested by @thegrovylekid
172_A.png

Artwork by the impossibly handsome man known around these parts as TylerRVG

As requested by @bbninjas
709_A.png

Foreground artwork courtesy of Xous54. Background by me.

As requested by @Lunarwork
009_R-_Blastoise.png

Artwork courtesy of ishmam

Note: Cards such as Lunarwork's Blastoise with R at the end of their #number, and with a grey version of my logo mean they are a more specific request that doesn't really fit in with the rest of my cards as a set.

Added bonus; here's the full res version of the art I did for Pichu, since I'm quite proud of how this one turned out:
Pichu.png

Yeah, I only just realized that both of the Baby cards I've made so far have illustrations involving food. This wasn't an intentional similarity, and I only realized once I was making some finishing touches to my Pichu card, when I compared it to Munchlax for balancing purposes. I don't know what the subconscious link between baby 'mons and food is in my mind, but I'll let you know if I figure it out.

And if anyone sees any other original piece of artwork in my cards they'd like me to put up a full res version of, don't be afraid to ask.

Edit: all cards added to the "Archive" at the bottom of OP.

Last edited:
Once more, I must apologise for finishing these at a snail's pace. I am human trash.

As requested by @Tails (Happy late birthday!):
547a__whimsicott_by_tylercomfyhat-dba8t3b.png
Alternate version that's just Fairy type, as you asked for:
R_547.png

Let me know if you want it in my "classic" blank as well.

As requested by @JimiCobain27:
141a__kabutops_by_tylercomfyhat-dba8t32.png

Last edited:
@TylerRVG Wow; the card looks amazing! I remember taking on that Ability after I created the attacks, so it didn't mesh with the rest of the card and kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. :p

It made my card a lot better, and without it my card would've been extremely forgettable.

Thanks a bunch, man.

'ey Tyler, think you might've swapped W/R around a bit on Whimsicott. Most cottonballs don't do too well with poison. :p

As a quick pointer regarding Xous' art, you're welcome to remove the copyright "X" symbol from the base image provided you have some form of other credit on the card, iirc. It's not too conspicuous on the art you've got there (which is an excellent use of Sugimori-style base art, btw), but in future it's an option. :)

I must say I particularly like this batch of cards. Kabutops especially is well-designed, imo. Just, uh, fix that second attack on the EVO variant. :U

As a quick pointer regarding Xous' art, you're welcome to remove the copyright "X" symbol from the base image provided you have some form of other credit on the card, iirc. It's not too conspicuous on the art you've got there (which is an excellent use of Sugimori-style base art, btw), but in future it's an option. :)

I was going to say that; you still had the Xous' watermark for the Whimsicott art in the card. I was just not sure if that was intentional or not.

@TylerRVG Wow; the card looks amazing! I remember taking on that Ability after I created the attacks, so it didn't mesh with the rest of the card and kind of stuck out like a sore thumb. :p

It made my card a lot better, and without it my card would've been extremely forgettable.

Thanks a bunch, man.
No worries, glad you liked it!

'ey Tyler, think you might've swapped W/R around a bit on Whimsicott. Most cottonballs don't do too well with poison. :p
Whoops. Will be fixed. I also just remembered that I should probably change around the W/R for the Fairy-only version, to support the lack of Grass-typing, but I'll only change this if @Tails is super bothered by it.
As a quick pointer regarding Xous' art, you're welcome to remove the copyright "X" symbol from the base image provided you have some form of other credit on the card, iirc. It's not too conspicuous on the art you've got there (which is an excellent use of Sugimori-style base art, btw), but in future it's an option.
Tails said:
I was going to say that; you still had the Xous' watermark for the Whimsicott art in the card. I was just not sure if that was intentional or not.
Eh, I kept it because it felt like the right thing to do. Editing watermarks from images always seemed like a pretty rude thing to do for me, at least without good reason.
I must say I particularly like this batch of cards. Kabutops especially is well-designed, imo. Just, uh, fix that second attack on the EVO variant. :U
Thanks and WOW, I can't believe I overlooked that. I should probably quit finishing up and uploading cards when I'm super-tired and have been up all night. Will be fixed.

Looking beautiful as per normal, Tyler! I did notice a few small capitilisation things, so there's a quick dump below. Note things like "hand" is not capitalised, whereas "Defending/Active/Basic" all are.

Always capitalised:
- Active Pokémon
- Asleep
- Basic Pokémon
- Bench/Benched
- Benched Pokémon
- Burned
- Confused
- Defending Pokémon
- Energy
- Item
- Knocked Out
- Paralyzed
- Poisoned
- Pokémon
- Resistance
- Retreat Cost
- Special Condition
- Stadium
- Stage 1
- Stage 2
- Supporter
- Tool
- Trainer
- Weakness

Never capitalised:
- attack
- basic [Energy]
- [Energy], [Trainer], [Pokémon] cards
- damage
- damage counter
- deck
- discard
- discard pile
- hand
- heads
- opponent
- tails
- this [Pokémon]

Also, uh, on the classic blank, Kabutop's second attack probably has the wrong effect. ;P

@bbninjas thanks for the critique. The Kabutops attack error was already pointed out.
As for the capitalisation, most (if not all) of them are from things that I copy/pasted from the requests (Whimsicott's ability, and almost the whole of the Kabutops card- which is based on JimiCobain's text-based fake)- so I didn't think to change them. But I'll likely fix them when I'm applying the other fixes I've mentioned.

As requested by @JimiCobain27:
141a__kabutops_by_tylercomfyhat-dba8t32.png

Wow, great job Tyler, looks like a card I'd want in my collection. The artwork is fantastic, good choice.
I don't mind that double-typing addition, it's a nice touch.
Aside from the small mistake others pointed out, the only other thing that I could nitpick is a small spelling error in the word "scythe" on the second version of the card.

Thanks for putting the time and effort in, I appreciate it. :)

As for you being human trash, well, you should at least consider yourself a Garbodor, whereas I'm more on a Trubbish level. :D

Back