• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Day and Night (EspeonGX/UmbreonGX)

Ninjabot 215

Beep Boop
Sooo... EDITED 4/6/17
200px-UmbreonGXCollectionMoon37.jpg

I've been working on this deck for a while now and I want to improve it as much as I can. I intend for it to be/ slowly become a quick setup energy denial deck, so feel free to tell me what I'm doing wrong/right.

Without further ado... the list:

POKEMON
2x Umbreon GX (sm 80/149)
2x Espeon GX (sm 61/149)
4x Eevee (sm 101/149)
2x Toxapex (sm 63/149)
2x Mareanie (sm 62/149)
1x Gumshoos GX (110/149)
1x Yungoos (sm 109/149)
1x Mewtwo (evo 51/108)

ITEMS
1x Rotom Dex (sm 131/149)
2x Float Stone (bkt 137/162)
4x Ultra Ball (fco 113/124)
2x Poison Barb (sm 124/149)
2x Professor's Letter (bkt 146/162)
4x Crushing Hammer (sm 115/149)
2x Switch (evo 88/108)

SUPPORTERS
4x Team Skull Grunt (sm 113/149)
4x Professor Sycamore (bkp 107/122)
2x Lysandre (aor 78/98)
2x N (bwp 100)
2x Professor Kukui (sm 128/149)

ENERGY
4x Double Colorless Energy
5x Darkness Energy
4x Psychic Energy

Last edited:

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
I honestly feel like a 3-1 ratio of Umbreon/ Espeon is much stronger. I feel like Espeon is really just going to be there to mop up the board after you've bruised everything up a bunch with it's GX attack. 16 energy is just way too much for this deck. With the four DCE you really only need 4-2 dark Psychic IMO. 4 Team Skull Grunt is a lot. I'm still on the fence about that card especially in this deck but at best it's a 2 of kind of card. You *need* Pokemon Ranger or a Stage 1 attacker or you're going to be shut down by Waterbox Glaceon. I don't really think Toxapex adds much here, you'd be better off with a spread of the AOR eeveelutions that change the types of your Stage 1 Umbreons. I'm building a deck with Umbreon/ Espeon so I'll post a list here when I get home of my WIP.

Ninjabot 215

Beep Boop
I honestly feel like a 3-1 ratio of Umbreon/ Espeon is much stronger. I feel like Espeon is really just going to be there to mop up the board after you've bruised everything up a bunch with it's GX attack. 16 energy is just way too much for this deck. With the four DCE you really only need 4-2 dark Psychic IMO. 4 Team Skull Grunt is a lot. I'm still on the fence about that card especially in this deck but at best it's a 2 of kind of card. You *need* Pokemon Ranger or a Stage 1 attacker or you're going to be shut down by Waterbox Glaceon. I don't really think Toxapex adds much here, you'd be better off with a spread of the AOR eeveelutions that change the types of your Stage 1 Umbreons. I'm building a deck with Umbreon/ Espeon so I'll post a list here when I get home of my WIP.
Thanks for your input!
I'll see what I can do with my current collection.
Sadly, it isnt that strong since I started playing mabye about 3 moths ago so this is what I could scrap together.

Ninjabot 215

Beep Boop
So, as of 4/6/17, these are the edits I have made:

-2x psychic nrg
-1x darkness nrg

+1x Mewtwo (evo 51/108)
+2x Switch (evo 88/108)

REASONING:
Mewtwo is there entirely for countering waterbox Glaceon and Switch is to make sure I can always have options for swapping the active position.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon
3 x Umbreon GX
1 x Espeon GX
1 x Flareon
1 x Jolteon
1 x Vaporeon
4 x Eevee
2 x Zoroark
2 x Zorua
2 x Shaymin EX

Item/Supporter/Stadium
4 x Professor Sycamore
3 x N
1 x Lillie
2 x Professor Kukui
1 x Pokemon Ranger
1 x Lysandre
1 x Delinquent
4 x VS Seeker
3 x Nest Ball
4 x Ultra Ball
4 x Trainers' Mail

Energy
4 x Double Colorless Energy - Special
5 x Darkness Energy - Basic
2 x Psychic Energy - Basic

There's like 4 slots unaccounted for obviously Shaymin EX AOR are hard to come by for Oranguru or Octillery could work. Prof's Letter is a solid choice so you can get the energy you need to activate Eevee's ability for a turn one evolution. Skyla's a solid tech supporter to fish for pokeball cards that you might need.

Ninjabot 215

Beep Boop
It looks good but I'm trying to avoid the eeveeloutions from aor and Shaymin and Trainers mail from ros since they are, both thankfully and regretably, rotating out pretty soon.

CaptZero

Aspiring Trainer
It looks good but I'm trying to avoid the eeveeloutions from aor and Shaymin and Trainers mail from ros since they are, both thankfully and regretably, rotating out pretty soon.

It'll be a little while and the Eevees are cheap at least. Shaymin EX and Trainers Mail is understandable though.

Ninjabot 215

Beep Boop
It'll be a little while and the Eevees are cheap at least. Shaymin EX and Trainers Mail is understandable though.
yea thanks, but getting that third Umbreon is gonna be hard >.<
Umbreon is so expensive...
but it's viable sooo, I'm fine with it, plus I have FAs I can trade for it :)