TCG Fakes AlphaVoxel's Text-Based Fakes

AlphaVoxel

Definitely still in development...
Forum Mod
I am excited to announce that this is my first Text-Based set of fakes! We'll do how well this goes, and then go from there. So without further ado/ramblings from me, let's dig in!

I have mostly based these cards on whatever came to mind, so fair warning. I will also add a few things as I come up with them.

Zygarde 10%-GX, (Fighting, 200 Hp)
[Ability]: Search for Cells
Once during your turn, before you attack, you may search your deck for a Pokemon and out of into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

[C, C] Thousand Arrows- 80
If you go first, you can use this attack. This attack is not affected by weakness, resistance, or any other effects on the Defending Pokemon.

[F, F] Total Recall-GX
Shuffle 3 cards from your discard like into your deck.
Weakness: [G] Resistance: [D], Retreat: [C]

Reasoning: I was rather disappointed with how Fates Collide handles Zygarde. They could have done so much more, and so I decided to make something based on that. I originally had it with a super OP Ability, and the GX attack was a bit too OP, so I have evened things out a bit.

Item: Choice Band
While this card is attached to one of your Pokemon, that Pokemon can only use one of it's attacks (GX Attacks may still be used), and it's attacks do 40 more Damage to the defending Pokemon.

Reasoning: Ok, I will admit this could be very OP, especially with high-attack pokemon, but it is something I would like to see made. Once again, I hurricane changed things to make it a bit less OP.

Please note: I will add more cards soon. I did not have a lot of time to do much, but please feel free to give any feedback!

Last edited:
Hey man, glad you decided to jump into the realm of faking! However, since you appear to be new, I'd like to point out some things about this card.

That Zygarde is broken, all the while cool. I like its ability, that's a nice way of applying a Zygarde-like concept Next, on Thousand Arrows, for an attack of 80 damage, more than two colorless energy should be what it costs. 80 damage for something that can be set up in 1 turn is insanely powerful, and should be limited. There's also the GX move which is absolutely broken. Taking 8 cards from your discard pile is interesting, creative definitely, but broken. But hey, fake cards can have broken traits. I like the cards moves. The only thing I'd change is maybe add a [F] Enery to Thousand Arrows.

However, something that I don't like is how a Pokémon of his strength has no weakness or retreat cost. Zygarde, being a Fighting type in this card, would likely have a Weakness to Grass types, despite being a dragon type in the games. Also, a retreat cost should definitely be added to this Pokémon. It's just too powerful for you to get it set up in a single turn and return it to your bench so easily if the situation calls for different approaches. It's simply unrealistic for a card like this to have neither weakness nor retreat cost.

However, this is only your first card. Maybe I'm being too harsh, but just take these as recommendations for the future. :)

To be honest, you make a fair point. I'll see if I can't balance things out a little. I personally liked what I had, though I do think it was a bit overpowered. Unless rather disappointed with what Fates Collide did with Zygarde, so I wanted to make something that would be nice. I my have a bit of an idea as to how to change it in a way to make it a bit less overpowered, but will useable.

To be honest, you make a fair point. I'll see if I can't balance things out a little. I personally liked what I had, though I do think it was a bit overpowered. Unless rather disappointed with what Fates Collide did with Zygarde, so I wanted to make something that would be nice. I my have a bit of an idea as to how to change it in a way to make it a bit less overpowered, but will useable.
I can relate to that. Zygarde EX was a huge disappointment.

So, if I may support some of my decision making for the Zygarde, I have found that with the DCE attack cost, it seems a bit less OP (Damage amount, maybe...) because of really the fact that, in order to use it, you either have to draw a DCE first turn, or get a Basic plus Max Elixir/etc. and have to switch it into the active. My logic may be a bit flawed, but I kind of saw it as a different version of Latios, but harder to set up in some cases.

Back