News 'Islands Waiting for You' and 'Moonlight of Alola': Japan's Next Sun and Moon TCG Set!

Energy Loto, the Max Elixir's unwanted child. Does the exact same thing, but to the hand instead of straight to a pokemon.
Max Elixir is:
Look at the top 6, search for a Basic Energy to Basic pokemon on the Bench.

It's far more restrictive.
Could be used to get specials, increases the view count from 6 to 7, and isn't forced to attach to a benched basic.

A lot of people will look at Energy Loto and go 'eeeww', but think about it. This can get special energy, so it can help decks like gyarados and night march find the DCE. Just a thought.

Not exactly, if the translation is correct, you could choose SPECIAL energies too
I missed that...oh this is way more useful than I thought it was.

Max Elixir is:
Look at the top 6, search for a Basic Energy to Basic pokemon on the Bench.

It's far more restrictive.
Could be used to get specials, increases the view count from 6 to 7, and isn't forced to attach to a benched basic.
Yeah didn't realize it could be for specials, I'm so used to seeing basic energy my mind just auto inserts it any more. As for the rest...one more card isn't that great IMO and I would rather it go a basic on the bench than my hand. Frees me up to play another energy card that way.

That said, likely to use a 1 or 2 of these just so I can grab a DCE when I need one.

the tool removal card field blower is gonna get a lot of memes lol and energy lotto can come in a pinch

AT LONG LAST WE HAVE TOOL REMOVAL! GARBODOR'S REIGN OF TERROR ENDS HERE!

Also, am I the only one hyped for FA Hala and Aqua Patch? I highly doubt it!

Rescue Stretcher is a very interesting card. Getting back something you had to discard early, like Tapu Lele-GX, will be pretty good. In Expanded, I can see it being especially useful with Battle Compressor (geez, that card is broken).

Energy Loto will only see play in decks that heavily depend on Special Energy, but it could help those decks quite a bit. Or it could totally whiff most of the time, I dunno. :p

Can't wait for Sableye / Decidueye-GX / Vileplume.

Seriously though, I'm very much liking the look of this set so far.

Someone at TPCi sure loves Garbodor! Even when they release a card for Tool removal, they simultaneously release a buff, single-energy-attack Garb to keep him on the scene.

Last edited:
Does anyone remember that exeggcutor from plasma freeze? It does the same thing as sableye.
So.. How much will Lele be when first released? $60? $600? $6000000000000?
Also that Secret rare Aqua patch will probably be pricy. Like if they made a less significant secret rare Dark patch
The Garboder has a good first attack. Can't see a non-Garbotoxin Garb see any play though
Looks like another Roaring skies, only it is the 2nd set of the era, not 6th
Can't Wait

And I must say, another set with $7 uncommons? *Cough Cough PHF and BKP Cough* Where is the VS Seeker?

Can't wait for Sableye / Decidueye-GX / Vileplume.

Seriously though, I'm very much liking the look of this set so far.

Someone at TPCi sure loves Garbodor! Even when they release a card for Tool removal, they simultaneously release a buff, single-energy-attack Garb to keep him on the scene.

Im playing the new Trevanat/New Garb/vileplume/sableye combo

And here I was thinking my water deck wouldn't have a stadium once Raging Sea rotated out... Yep, just gonna search for any old pokemon in my water deck.
EDIT: Well ok just basics, but still grab a Palkia EX or Maniphy EX...

Gliscor / Decidueye-GX looks pretty fun! You can hit for 40 with Feather Arrows, and then a Gliscor with a Strong Energy and a Choice Band is totaling it up to 160 damage.

Field Blower is amazing. Can't wait for that card.

Sableye is out of control. We just can't stop getting good Dark types.

We've got both Reuniclus and Dusknoir back in one single card. Chandelure is amazing.

I'm gonna' be spending a lot of money.

SM2 Hype Train - woot, woot!!

3 Japanese booster boxes ordered - pretty crappy pulls out of the 4 boxes of SM1 & SM1+ (2 full arts, no hyper rares or secret rares). Looking for my first Japanese rainbow rare! ^_^

Sableye is a new Exeggutor (Plasma Freeze 5/116). Exeggutor did do 10 damage, but it was an evolution and 10 damage is negligible when you can have 2-3 Decidueye sniping. Along with Vileplume shutting items off, it's going to be a nasty combo. (That I will probably play.)

Also, I paid $50 each on Ebay for Japanese SM2 boxes (including shipping). Is that a good price? Does anyone have a better alternative for Japanese releases? Thanks!

Hope you're doing ok water pokemon master thanks for posting this awesome news even when things are happening! Sayble vileplume seems kinda broken to me maybe add in giritina and just lock your opponent out of everything.

Back