• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard {{Future}} Golduck SM1

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Golduck – Water – HP90
Stage 1 – Evolves from Psyduck

[C] Scratch: 20 damage.

[W] Double Jet: 60x damage. Discard up to 2 [W] energy cards from your hand. This attack does 60 damage times the number of cards discarded.

Weakness: Grass (X2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: none

Professor Kukui – Trainer
Supporter

Draw 2 cards. During this turn, your Pokemon’s attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent’s Active Pokemon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

You may play only 1 Supporter card during your turn (before your attack).
Pokémon - 16

* 4 Psyduck SM 28
* 4 Golduck SM 29
* 2 Remoraid BKT 32
* 2 Octillery BKT 33
* 2 Staryu EVO 30
* 2 Starmie EVO 31

Trainer Cards - 35

* 4 Bursting Balloon BKP 97
* 1 Faded Town AOR 73
* 2 Super Rod BKT 149
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 4 Professor Sycamore BKP 107
* 3 N NVI 92
* 4 Level Ball AOR 76
* 1 Hex Maniac AOR 75
* 1 Float Stone BKT 137
* 4 Dive Ball PRC 125
* 3 Energy Retrieval SM 116
* 4 VS Seeker PHF 109
* 2 Professor Kukui SM 128

Energy - 9

* 9 Water Energy

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Golduck can churn out easy 120 damage hits with only one energy attached. Starmie's ability assists in keeping a source of energy for Golduck to discard, and Energy Retrieval/Fisherman make great backup for it in the face of ability lock from Garbodor. Octillery, as another Water Pokemon, is a draw engine that complements the other Pokemon in the deck. Bursting Balloon is the main tool card to both apply pressure to the opponent, and possibly hit nice damage numbers to make a few KOs easier. Kukui also fills a similar, recyclable role. I'm considering a few Golduck BREAK to increase Golduck's survivability from its low 90 HP.

Last edited:

JeroenM

Aspiring Trainer
Really nice idea! But i'm afraid it HP is to low (easy to one-hit)? Evolving it to Golduck Break will solve that problem sometime..But you can't evolve every Golduck in play i'm afraid. So I don't think its enough to make this a top-deck.

But anyway, I think it's worth to try it.. Maybe it HP is not to low and it will work.
If you tried it out, let me know ;) Because it sounds really interesting.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
This deck has a lot of potential it just needs a format where it can outspeed everything a.k.a no decks like Ray, M2 or Volcanion, that can set-up turn 1 of course, in that format you lose Octillery, Mail, Dive Ball, VS Seeker, letter, lv ball, Wally, Lysander, Hex, and Fisherman so not sure although it seems very powerful in this current format
Really nice idea! But i'm afraid it HP is to low (easy to one-hit)? Evolving it to Golduck Break will solve that problem sometime..But you can't evolve every Golduck in play i'm afraid. So I don't think its enough to make this a top-deck.

But anyway, I think it's worth to try it.. Maybe it HP is not to low and it will work.
If you tried it out, let me know ;) Because it sounds really interesting.
Night March existed.... plus fast 2HKO is way better than slow Ohkos

EDIT: Wally was in GEN

Hyakko

Aspiring Trainer
My friend and I had an idea of making golduck with lapras gx.
Using golduck break, lapras gx and manaphy ex, you can transfer energy from lapras gx to another pokémon and vice-versa using Golduck Break ability and use max potions to heal either lapras gx or golduck break with it.
Manaphy makes your pokémon costless to retreat, so you can always retreat lapras gx to another lapras gx to reset it's attack effect and transfer the energy cards to the new lapras gx with golduck break's ability.
from my point of view, this deck we thought about seems better than this starmie/golduck one, I just can't see any good in starmie no matter what (I know it can recycle energy and stuff, but being a stg1 kinda hurts).

JeroenM

Aspiring Trainer
Night March existed.... plus fast 2HKO is way better than slow Ohkos

Well you can't compare Night March to this Double Jet attack, you simply can't :D Because it was a fast 1HKO most of the time.

Using golduck break, lapras gx and manaphy ex, you can transfer energy from lapras gx to another pokémon and vice-versa using Golduck Break ability and use max potions to heal either lapras gx or golduck break with it.
Manaphy makes your pokémon costless to retreat, so you can always retreat lapras gx to another lapras gx to reset it's attack effect and transfer the energy cards to the new lapras gx with golduck break's ability.
from my point of view, this deck we thought about seems better than this starmie/golduck one, I just can't see any good in starmie no matter what (I know it can recycle energy and stuff, but being a stg1 kinda hurts).

That sounds better indeed! But i don't think adding one Starmie line would hurt? I think it would help you a lot of the time.

Hyakko

Aspiring Trainer
Well you can't compare Night March to this Double Jet attack, you simply can't :D Because it was a fast 1HKO most of the time.

That sounds better indeed! But i don't think adding one Starmie line would hurt? I think it would help you a lot of the time.
That depends on each player's playstyle.
In my case, I dont like depending too much on too many evolutions in a deck.
In my list, I'd be focusing on evolving golduck and golduck alone, I'd use the free space from starmie's to add more fisherman and energy retrieval.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Lapras, on top of giving 2 prizes, strikes me as honestly a bad attacker. 160 is a mediocre number to hit for the effort even using Golduck BREAK's ability to swap energy, and its GX attack is easy to play around. The fact that you're dedicating a lot of resources to support it also will hurt you.

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Updated OP with a new build! Something I've found is that you really, REALLY have to set up your bench. Getting your ducks in a row, especially more than one with how fragile they are, is a big deal.

JeroenM

Aspiring Trainer
Tried this deck list 2 times online
Game 1 - Volcanion L
Survived 3 turns by using golduck's confusion, had a bad hand each time.. Only other thing i could do is get a Starme on the bench.

Game 2 - Solgaleo GX/Lunala GX L
Staryu start
N Turn 1.. Opponent was as slow as me so i could hold it 4 turns to set up a golduck and use it.. But he had his whole set up done by that turn to.. (use gx from solgaleo to put energy on Lunala)

So it does not really work for me.. But hope you will have a lot of fun with it ;) Will give it some chances later.. Gonna try other ideas now :D

Vitiel

Mush. Up!
Updated OP with a new build! Something I've found is that you really, REALLY have to set up your bench. Getting your ducks in a row, especially more than one with how fragile they are, is a big deal.
Tried this deck list 2 times online
Game 1 - Volcanion L
Survived 3 turns by using golduck's confusion, had a bad hand each time.. Only other thing i could do is get a Starme on the bench.

Game 2 - Solgaleo GX/Lunala GX L
Staryu start
N Turn 1.. Opponent was as slow as me so i could hold it 4 turns to set up a golduck and use it.. But he had his whole set up done by that turn to.. (use gx from solgaleo to put energy on Lunala)

So it does not really work for me.. But hope you will have a lot of fun with it ;) Will give it some chances later.. Gonna try other ideas now :D
I'm really trying to figure out if it's viable to make more consistent. Shaymin's always a possibility, but I always gotta test.