Discussion Pokemon Phantom Forces 3 Card Packs at Dollar Tree

The-Kaiser

Starfleet Captain and Pokemon Trainer
While I was at work my mother found them at Dollar Tree.

Pics of the packs unopened:

Besides 2 commons and 1 uncommon you get a nice Ad Card i guess its called I got 2 different ones so I hope there isn't a third or more version.

Front side:

Back side of both as the front sides were the same.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
RE: Pokemon Phantom Forces 3 card packs at Dollar Tree.

I don't even know what to make of this. Are you sure this is legit? Wait, why would you post something like this if it WASN'T legit? I guess I just answered my own question...

Well, 2 Commons and 1 Uncommon? How much did it cost?

The-Kaiser

They cost $1.06 after tax here in PA

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member

I guess that the new version of the sampling packs that they would include in some of the checklane blisters in BW. Those were always 3 commons and a checklist, though.

The-Kaiser

Seems that way to me also :)

Was hoping it would have a checklist in these.

I hope its only just these 2 versions for the Advert card :)

The-Kaiser

I realize its been over 2 weeks but this is my thread and im sorry ;_;

UPDATE:

I got 3 more packs of these in my stocking and out of the 3 packs i pulled a Reverse holo common card.

So I guess these are a legit product then :)

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Even for a buck six this seems like a ripoff.

The-Kaiser

Kinda cus no Rare or Rare Foils but they sold good.

My Mom says last time she was there the box for them was empty :)

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer

For the same reason YGO's Star Packs sell. Little kids see them, and the parents get them one since they're so cheap. It's why they're sold in the first place, to get more people into getting Pokemon cards.

adam44

Aspiring Trainer

I've seen people open them on facebook and they seem to have EXs in them, of course not every pack have an EX but the chance is there :D

xxashxx

"Pokemon Gotta catch em all Pokemon"
Elite Member
Advanced Member

If you think about it 4 pack of those is about the same price.o_O.:)

Pokemonlover903

Sylveon is love, Sylveon is life
RE: Pokemon Phantom Forces 3 Card Packs at Dollar Tree.

I got 14 of them today, and I pulled 3 reverse holos, 2 rares, and a mega gengar ex :D

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I just opened 17 of these today and got this card.

tumblr_ni6zghcUwr1r12rm4o10_r1_1280.jpg

EricDent

Aspiring Trainer
What part of the store would those be located in?
Might have to check nearby (like within walking distance) at the Dollar Tree...

Credits

Thundurus from Downundurus
$17 for a Xerosic FA is pretty steep. Hope you got some other foils as well....

DT have a smaller 4 sided display at the front of the store (mine anyway) with various other cards too, TMNT, Bball, football, dtagon ball Z, 1D to tickle your fancy.

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
A single booster pack is 4.19(4.99 at TRU), so I bought 17 of these for 17 dollars, the equivalent would be 5 regular packs but they would be about 20 dollars. I bought these because I saw someone on Youtube get a Manectric Ex and thought maybe an ex was the best you could get and Manectric is the only ex I'm still missing from the set. Not that I expected an ex. I was pretty shocked to a find a full art and a full art I needed. Especially since I just grabbed a handful from the back of the box.

I don't know what the pull ratios are for an entire display box, or even how many packs are in a display box. Maybe 100 packs and 1 full art every 3rd box. I've opened up 32 of these, 15 from 1 store and 17 from the other and didn't get any regular holos, I did get some reverses of holos(Hydreigon/Pyroar) though as well as new reverses and a bunch of non holo rares. The Xerosic was the only ultra rare.
Or maybe they are the same as a regular booster box. If that's the case then 1 dollar for 3 cards is about how much you are paying for 3 cards in a regular booster pack. And it would be insane to get an ex and only 1 common and 1 uncommon in a pack, much less waste.

I think these packs are worth it if you are looking for reverses, I've pulled maybe 4 new reverses. And it's pretty easy to tell if there's a reverse or holo or ex in the pack. At best I'd go to your local DT and bend the packs(Not enough to damage the cards) and buy the ones that are not flimsy just to see what you get. Since the holos are only holo in one location on the card they may be flimsy like the non holos, I'm not sure.

These packs kind of remind me of the Japanese packs where you have less cards per pack but still the pull ratios of a regular pack and the possibility of getting a rare or not getting a rare. I kind of wish English packs were smaller and cheaper. Maybe 7 cards (3 commons, 1 rev, 1 rare and 2 uncommons)

Phorm57

Aspiring Trainer
I was just at a dollar tree and seen the 3 card packs for $1! I was convinced they were fakes so of course I Google'd it and stumbled upon this post. I ended up buying a single pack and to my surprise, I pulled a holographic aegislash. Not bad for $1.

The-Kaiser

I was just at a dollar tree and seen the 3 card packs for $1! I was convinced they were fakes so of course I Google'd it and stumbled upon this post. I ended up buying a single pack and to my surprise, I pulled a holographic aegislash. Not bad for $1.

Yep if your lucky you can even Full Art cards :)