News New Pokemon Silvally, Hakamo-o, Kommo-o, Steenee, Tsareena, and Ribombee!

Alolan Muk though! So cool! I don't care for the cherries evo line honestly. I love cutiefly's evo! :D

OMYGOSH this is awesome!!! it fits right in with my theory! and, kommo-o seems to counter some other psuedo-legend that may be dark dragon type. rimbobee looks amazing, and so does muk.

I absolutely LOVE Alolan Muk! It looks so good, especially the changing colours! Silvally, Steenee and Tsareena look really good too, and Ribombee is super cute as well, though I think I would've preferred it more, if it had Cutiefly's mouth. Hakamo-o looks cool, but I'm not really the biggest fan of Kommo-o, nor it's name, which I feel like is a bit too basic evolution'ish

Alolan Muk actually has a really cool design. Reminds me of those sand bottles you can make by stacking different colored sand on top of each other.

I'm torn; I do really like Tsareena's design, but also like Lurantis's design. I want to use one, but I'm torn between them because I like both designs. Ribombee is also a really nice design; I want to use it.

So many Pokemon I want to use; so little time...

RKS System? Are there any doubters left as to whether Type: Null/Silvally have something to do with Arceus?

I'm liking Jangmo-o's evolutions more now we've seen them in HQ. I've been waiting to see what they'd do with a Dragon/Fighting combo and this line doesn't disappoint me.

Ribombee is pretty cute, although I do find it a bit forgettable. Hopefully its stats aren't too bad.

I like Steenee and Tsareena quite a lot, depending on their stats and whether or not I pick Rowlet I might use them in game.

I'm very liking Alolan Muk. (although maybe that has something to do with the fact I love pretty much anything multicoloured and neon...)

Wauw, this new Muk design was well worth the wait! It looks like it came straight out of a Mario Sunshine sketch.. But a really good one!

I like what they did with these somewhat forgotten Pokemon like Ninetales, Sandslash and now Muk. In my opinion these alternate forms are much better then ''real new Pokemon'' that lack quality, such as Garbodor in gen 5 to stay with the poison type.

Would like to see more alternate forms in the future, maybe also from other generations then gen 1, epecially gen 2 which has a lot of these somewhat cool Pokemon with absolutely no use in there current form.

Another awesome reveal. Not only do we get the Pokemon and Trail Captain revealed in Corocoro, we get 4 more Pokemon and a new Kahuna.

Just like I said when it was first revealed, Silvally is truly an awesome Pokemon and I get wait to get it in-game.

Hakamo-o and Kommo-o are still really cool Pokemon. Other than that, not much else to say.

We finally now know the name of Cutiefly's evolution; Ribombee. Again not much to say.

I'm really liking Steenee and Tsareena, especially Tsareena's ability of Queenly Majesty which blocks priority moves. This is means that Talonflame is going to have a hard time taking it out despite the type advantage. Hopefully it has stats to be of competitive use.

And finally Alolan Muk and Grimer, While they don't have any abilities or type combinations to speak of, I really like the way the colors on Muk flow and based on this line, "these highly toxic crystals are easily knocked loose, making them extraordinarily dangerous!", I sense a new hold item for poison types.

Our new Kahuna is cool. This also confirms that the Kahunas, like Trial Captains, will use a single type as she uses Rock type Pokemon.

And finally, our new Trial Captain Ilima is interesting, not because of any information revealed, but simply because he is a Trial Captain. Its unusual that there are now 5 Trial Captains despite there being only 4 islands (5 islands if count the artificial island for the Aether Foundation but its very unlikely that you'd have a trial there) Either there are several trials per island (likely) or there are more islands than we can see (unlikely). There may even be different Trial Captains for Pokemon Sun and Moon, like the Ultra Beasts and the Totem Pokemon. Either way, his reveal is still interesting.

Edit: It seems in the Japanese trailer that Mega Kangaskhan's Parental Bond has been changed from doing 50% damage to 25% damage. I guess they got sick of Kangaskhan and nerfed him.

Last edited:
AKS, Arceus. I'm definitely using Silvally! It (and even Type:Null) have immediately climbed the ranks into my Top 10. I'm intrigued to see how far the in-game lore goes into the Arceus connection, or if it's something just left inferred.

I really wasn't expecting Bounsweet to be part of a three-stage line -- I'm pleasantly surprised! Don't know if it's a line I'd ever use, but with the relative lack of three-stage lines in Kalos, it's nice to see some more being introduced in Alola.

After the official reveal, I've warmed up a bit to Alolan Grimer. Still not the biggest fan of it, but Alolan Muk slightly redeems it. It's clear Gamefreak has really been developing designs this generation with the models in mind -- the color changing texture on Muk is pretty cool.

Only a little over a month to go, and I couldn't be more stoked!

Ribombee - holy Arceus this is ADORABLE! Heck, they probably could've called it "Adorabee" because of how flippin' CUTE it is! It almost reminds me of a kwami from the Miraculous series. Well now I know who to call for aid when Alola needs a superhero. XD

Steenee - well, I never could've imagined that our delicious little Bounsweet would hatch like an egg into a little fruit girl. Point to Game Freak for originality, I guess. Anyway, keeping this Pokémon around is said to be a handful - like raising a teenager. And apparently it can kick like a Hitmonlee, so avoid those dainty legs like the plague.

Tsareena - hoo boy. It seems to be tradition nowadays for there to be a "pretty girl" Pokémon in each generation, and looks like Tsareena is the reigning princess for Alola. It's funny that it happens to be a fruit this time, because I can already joke about how "delicious" she is. :D

(Can't wait to see the fanart of this one...)

Hakamo-o - really cool-looking Pokémon here. It looks like something out of Aztec mythology, you know?

Kommo-o - It's a freaking Struthiomimus with samurai armor! Design aside, I really like this guy's flavor text of it being a silent guardian over all the little Jangmo-o (probably thinking back to its own childhood as it does so). I can't wait to see how this bad boy holds up in battle. I'm going to name mine Ozzy - or maybe Brachydios, because look at dem arms.

Silvally - no offense, Arceus Junior, but I can't take that name of yours seriously. Aside from that, this unmasked chimaera is an absolute badass in terms of design, just like it's "pre-evolution". I don't know how you can call this an evolution when all that happens is Type: Null taking off its helmet, but oh well. The backstory for this Pokémon is really impressive, and its ability to change its type is damn great.

Alolan Muk - it looks like a four-year old's art project come to life. In all seriousness, though, this Alolan form looks pretty cool. Not gonna lie, this guy is legitimately intimidating despite those flashy colors.

Gen 7 waifumon gen confirmed

I am in love with everything about Tsareena. Blocking priority moves is a pretty cool thing.

Gen 7 waifumon gen confirmed

I am in love with everything about Tsareena. Blocking priority moves is a pretty cool thing.

Queenly Majesty is a nice Ability and can cause problems for Talonflame users who do not know Flare Blitz exists. :p

No seriously; that Ability is really nice and can cause problems for those people who like to use Priority moves.

Alolan Muk as so many pretty colors like holy wooooooooow. I think it's supposed to be reminiscent of an oil spill.
71516fd1bfe5577c3ff6544d5d45b852.jpg

Bounsweet's evolutions are so adorable asdfasdg I'm keeping it on my team.

Ribombee is cute too.

Okay, Kommo-o looks freaking amazing! Samurai dragon? Looks awesome. I really like Alolan Muk as well, and it doesn't smell! :D

I still love the Jangmo-o line so much! Cool concept and Dragon/Fighting? Yes please!

The other new Pokemon are really nice as well! Alolan Muk, especially is one I like.

1 month left and i already have 12 pokemon i want in my team.....decisions....
Besides that Alolan muk looks really nice i like its colorful design......especially those teeth....
ribombee is cute but a bit forgettable for me,
Tsareena hell yea i m all for royal pokemon lol...didnt surprise me that it had a 3 stage evolution though kinda anticipated it cause i could no where see bounsweet as a basic pokemon.
Kommo-o design wise a bit overdone but overall still love the design suits the unique fight/dragontype bravo to Pokemon for that.
type:null evolution is definitely something that has surprised me for the better, though its more of a form change lol. All Hail the man made LLama god!!! XD definitely my favourite pokemon yet in sun and moon.

It's official: Aether has created an Arceus hybrid. Which means they literally killed God. *wut*
Anyways, the Pokémon look really nice, except for Muk. It looks like a deformed piñata. Also, many of the description say something about fighting a 'coming darkness'. I wonder what that could be...

Last edited:
The RKS System enables it to change its type, and its cells glow with different colors of light, depending on its type.

RKS = Arceus.
This confirms DP remakes after SM.

Gen 7 is also going to make up for the lack of Arceus in Gen 7 TCG.

Isn't Bruxish's Dazzling ability the same as Tsareena's Queenly Majesty ability, or is there something i'm missing here.

All in all, awesome trailer. I'd really like to use Ribombee on my adventure team, but i'm already using Vikavolt, so i might just use it in my second playthrough. I know it says that only Tsareena can learn Trop Kick, but i feel like Hitmonlee could also learn it in the same vein as Blaze Kick (though that wasn't until 1 gen later).

Back