News Evolved Starter Pokemon and More Revealed for 'Sun' and 'Moon'!

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
OMG guys a new evolutionary stone was confirmed on the spanish Website, the ice stone
ice-stone.jpg

EthanLac

Aspiring Trainer
Dartrix is looking cool, although I was thinking of a rounder design. Right now, it seems like "Roman Rowlet" is the orderof the day.

Litten's evolution seems solid, but... CAT BELL? Why? If you need well-designed Cat characters, just take a leaf from PONOS's book on design.

lol

Festival Plaza: New and exciting, or the new Wi-Fi Plaza? (AKA, something no one ever used?) the

YAYYYYYY MEGA EVOLUTION YAYYYYYY

OK, in all seriousness: I can't stand the anime. However, now that his annoying slave driver is out of the picture, Ash-Greninja actually looks really cool, and I could definitely see it on my team.

Finally, something for that poor boxed-up, forever Wonder Traded Zubat to do!

Leronne

Bug Pokemon Lover
Why are people so bothered by popplio and it's evolutions having a higher chance of being male. They're animals (or monsters to be precise), not human. A lot extravagant looking birds in the real world are male and a lot of other male animals have some "human feminine" feature. I mean heck, machamp has a chance of being female and lopunny and gardevoir has a 50% chance of being male.

Scattered mind

Competitive VG Forums Mod
Forum Mod
I'm also hoping they stop with moss/ice rock bs and change eevee to evolve into Leafeon/Glaceon with the Leaf/Ice Stones... in fact, Espeon and Umbreon should also evolve with the Sun/Moon Stones but wtv...

With the new Alolan changes concept, it's finally logical to do it, imo, even in their conditions.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
While on the discussion of the location based evolutions of Eevee; let's get a Magnet Stone to evolve Magneton and Nosepass. Probably have it be held and the Pokemon level up while the item is held.

Magneton/Nosepass would evolve and the Stone would be consumed.

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant
thoughts on starters:
-I am REALLY liking Torracat. It's just a shame that the Chinese leaks are at this point pretty much all but confirmed so ugly final evolution yay
-Dartrix I kinda like. It's just the 'hair' I take issue with, but otherwise I'm pretty happy with it
-Brionne... is kinda an odd case, since I think Popplio is probably my no.1 in the basic forms and final stage but here it takes third place easily. It literally looks like they turned Katy Perry into a Pokemon (and not in a good way...)

Festival Plaza looks quite fun, I'm eagerly anticipating using it and seeing what we can really do with it.

The PC thing looks pretty fun. I'm excited to see more of that and what it has to offer.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
It think all Eeveelutions will be changed to stones Ice for Glaceon Leaf for Leafeon Sun for Espeon moon for Umbreon and Shiny for Sylveon

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
I just saw something now... What the hell were they thinking when they decided to make Mega Stones obtainable via Battle Points? And it's not a small amount, it's 64 BP per stone. Can GF be anymore annoying?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
I find it much better this way. Now we won't see the same Pokemon 99% of the time and have to deal with hundreds of Mega Kangaskhan, Mega Gardevoir, and Mega Gengar. And yes, there was a reason. Mega Pokemon broke the competitive scene. If you were using one of the three mentioned Megas, you weren't going to do as well as someone who did.

The problem isn't with Mega Evolution. The problem was with the lack of balance. I use Mega Pidgeot, which isn't an imbalanced Mega. They could just rebalance those Megas or just ban the use of those mega stones, which IMO doesn't fix the issue because people will just use the most broken Z Move which puts us back in the same situation with the megas.

Its not like they didn't ban other Pokemon and items before and this is seen as an attack on the concept in general, something most of us are now invested in despite me even liking Mega Evolution.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
It think all Eeveelutions will be changed to stones Ice for Glaceon Leaf for Leafeon Sun for Espeon moon for Umbreon and Shiny for Sylveon
Now that I doubt. I think the Ice Stone is for Alolan Vuloix because it originally evolved from a Fire Stone. They're just trying not to differ the methods of evolution too broadly. You could very well be right, but I just don't think that would be their priority.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Okay, so assorted thoughts:

-After seeing these mid stage starters it's pretty clear the starter leaks are real, those evolutions definitely look like they're building up to the leaks. I'm probably going with Popplio because reasons. Not like the other two are much better anyway.
-Festival Plaza basically looks like Join Avenue, which I wanted to see return anyway. Should be fun times.
-It's about time Pokemon in the PC did something other than sit there and rot. Poke Pelago is an interesting way to give them some use, and if we can get items and Pokemon out of the deal, all the better.
-Mega Evolutions confirmed. But the fact that they didn't show off any new ones implies that there probably won't be any new ones and it's just a legacy feature. Pity, I wanted to see more Megas.
-So we're getting another demo version, and this time we get Ash Greninja from it? All right, that's another loose end tied up.

Overall, good reveals today, they showed a couple of things I was hoping we'd see and a few surprises. This looks to be the most full featured game we've seen since 4th gen.

WinterPhoenix23

Aspiring Trainer
It's just the fact that Pokemon would hav the nerve to make another fire fighting type that bothers me. No worries I am on team archer owl.

professorlight

Ice Queen
I'm also a little annoyed with the girly water starter.. I miss the first generations starters where these ''manly/girly'' Pokemon were absent. For example, you get a male Poplio and it evolves in to Brionne.. Kind of weird, no? Well, it is what it is.

Or, maybe, they could just change the ratios to 50/50, and let people be able to have a female starter, on top of letting them choose between a feminine-looking starter, a masculine-looking starter or a neutral-looking starter? Everybody wins.

Because, I don't know about you, but things like charizard, blastoise, venusaur, feraligatr, typhlosion, blaziken, sceptile, swampert, infernape, empoleon, torterra, emboar, samurott and chesnaught don't exactly scream "gender neutral" to me. They're fairly masculine and aggressive-looking, if you ask me. More animal-like than human-like, yes, but still masculine; masculinity is more than just muscles and beards.
But, wait a minute, if those are all masculine, aren't those... almost all the starters so far? Hm. It's almost like starters are specifically oriented towards male-related characteristics in their design. But no, I'm sure it's not on purpose, they can all be females after a... oh, right, on a 12.5% chance. 1 in 10.

Why are people so bothered by popplio and it's evolutions having a higher chance of being male. They're animals (or monsters to be precise), not human. A lot extravagant looking birds in the real world are male and a lot of other male animals have some "human feminine" feature. I mean heck, machamp has a chance of being female and lopunny and gardevoir has a 50% chance of being male.

Pokemon are designed by humans, for humans, to be iconic according to human cultural codes; whatever significants (such as the ones you "read" to see masculinity or femininity) you find in their design are completely, absolutely intentional, because they're designed. Unlike animals, which, if they were to have any discrete characteristic we could maybe relate to gendered meanings (which vary wildly from culture to culture, so not even that is foolproof), it's by pure chance, or by posterior convention.

So the problem isn't, or shouldn't be, that brionne can be male, but that it, just like any other starter, has a 10-to-1 ratio of maleness; it's not about gendered appearance (although that does tend to bring the issue to the table, even if it's in the form of "how weird is that?"), but about the disparity and clear bias you'll find in the specific case of the pokemon that are supposed to be most attractive to the most people, to welcome you into the pokemon world, whatever your gender is, and whatever the gender you want for your pokemon is.
If you want a male popplio, that's perfect! but if you want a female one? well, you have to reset ten times. And the message in that is "Sorry, that's how it works; you know, we can't change the gender rat... wait, we can? okay, we don't want to change the gender ratio. Enjoy your resetting, or keep the male popplio."

Mudkipfan12

Mudbray!
I love how everyone who hates popplio is getting it shoved in their faces now. popplio will destroy dragons, for crying out loud! and so many people are team popplio now.

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
Guys...if the leaks are any indication, Litten's final form is supposed to be Fire/Dark, not Fighting. So far, the Chinese leaks have been accurate (minus the Alolan Alakazam and Arcanine) so I'm still keeping up hope!

Now that I've got that out of the way...FINALLY! I've waited forever to hear about the starter evos!!!

Dartrix is one fabulous owl. He kinda reminds me of a snooty rich kid with a weird haircut that wears argyle and plays golf or croquet.

Torracat may be ferocious, but he's still cute. The bell flame sac was a clever touch.

And Brionne...wow. It's so PRECIOUS! And frilly! And aquamarine! And happy!