• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard MewTwo/Garb post rotation

Darren

Aspiring Trainer
hay guys

i have been playing around with a M MewTwo/Garb deck for post rotation. This is what i have so far

i was thinking of adding a 4th MewTwo EX (but it would have to be the photon wave one as i only have x3 of the dmg exchange ones)

also i have x2 mega turbos, should i drop them for or some how add some max elixirs?

I have also been considering a 2/2 line of Zebstrika in here, but no idea how it would fit in tbh, just for the M ray matches.

x2 Garbodor
x2 Trubbish
x3 Mewtwo EX (dmg ex)
x3 M MewTwo EX (psychic infinity)
X1 Hoopa EX
X2 Shaymin EX

x2 N
x1 paralellel city
x2 shire of memories
x4 ultra ball
x4 vs seeker
x4 Profesor Sycamore
x2 Lysandre
x2 float stone
x3 mewtwo spirit link
x4 trainers mail
x1 pokemon ranger
x1 skyla
x1 super rod
x1 ninja boy
x1 hex maniac
x2 Mega Turbo

x4 double colourless
x7 physic energy

Last edited:

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Don't need the 4th Mewtwo. Also don't need Skyla, Ninja Boy, or 2 Shaymin-EX. If you play Zebstrika, just play the 1-1. I personally play a Jirachi, an 8th Psychic Energy, and 3 Mega Turbo. Other than that, your list looks really solid. I don't think you need the Hex if you play Garb, and since Compressor is gone, you might want to add the 3rd N. Hope I helped!

Darren

Aspiring Trainer
Don't need the 4th Mewtwo. Also don't need Skyla, Ninja Boy, or 2 Shaymin-EX. If you play Zebstrika, just play the 1-1. I personally play a Jirachi, an 8th Psychic Energy, and 3 Mega Turbo. Other than that, your list looks really solid. I don't think you need the Hex if you play Garb, and since Compressor is gone, you might want to add the 3rd N. Hope I helped!
cheers buddy, all good info. nice spot on hex. no idea why its in there tbh. its been a stock card for so long, old habits :D

21times

Aspiring Trainer
I run Hoopa SS, 2 Rangers, 1 Vanishing Strike, and 4 Lysandre. You need to have lots of options for Regice. I recently had a game where I had to ko him 3 times because of splash energy. Regice is the second most common pokemon I've seen in pre rotation testing, and I doubt that's going to change after Sept. 1.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I run Hoopa SS, 2 Rangers, 1 Vanishing Strike, and 4 Lysandre. You need to have lots of options for Regice. I recently had a game where I had to ko him 3 times because of splash energy. Regice is the second most common pokemon I've seen in pre rotation testing, and I doubt that's going to change after Sept. 1.
No offense, but there's really something wrong with your list if you can't beat Regice. I probably sound like a D-bag, but also taking into consideration of how many decks play it, it shouldn't be a problem with 1 Ranger, 1 Lysandre, and optionally 1 Jirachi. Hoopa STS isn't horrible(although I don't like it), it also isn't necessarily reliable. Vanishing Strike Mewtwo is a different deck entirely. And 4 Lysandre... No deck ever needs that many. Even my friends who don't use VS Seekers only use 2-3. Plus, Splash energy with Regice is really bad. The only reason you couldn't win is because of a fluke. Considering most decks played Enhanced Hammer/ Xerosic, AND in a non-EX driven format, they really just fluked you. Pre-rotation M Mewtwo plays Xerosic and Zoroark anyway, along with the Ranger/ Lysandre. I feel like I'm going way too in depth with this, but I also feel like I need to.

21times

Aspiring Trainer
So can I ask... are you seeing much Regice? As I mentioned, I'm seeing it a lot, twice tonight in a dozen matches. The only pokemon I'm seeing more than Regice is Delphox. 4 of the 6 decks I'm focusing in on right now for post rotation are Mega decks, and I want to make sure that I have enough options for Carbink, Regice, and Glaceon EX. There's no consistent way to guarantee I can go grab ranger or Lysandre, and Vanishing Strike is almost as good as psychic infinity. Also, isn't it commonly accepted that most EX decks need to have one non EX attacker for balance?

Right now, I am going through a mini-Lysandre heavy phase. I like being able to control who's in the active spot for my opponent. Absolutely, you can criticize me for running so many Lysandres, but that card has been great for me lately.

21times

Aspiring Trainer
And for more strength to the argument that Regice is M Mewtwo's arch nemesis, go watch the third match of Dark Integral Gaming's recent M Mewtwo deck:

Darren

Aspiring Trainer
still trying to figure out why the hell he put these in the deck

* 2 Sneasel STS 60
* 2 Weavile STS 61

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
And for more strength to the argument that Regice is M Mewtwo's arch nemesis...
Mega Alakazam EX decks will also be a hard-counter to Mega Mewtwo EX decks, as well.

@Darren - any concerns about Mega Rayquaza EX match-ups? If so, 1 Parallel City will not suffice.

Darren

Aspiring Trainer
Mega Alakazam EX decks will also be a hard-counter to Mega Mewtwo EX decks, as well.

@Darren - any concerns about Mega Rayquaza EX match-ups? If so, 1 Parallel City will not suffice.
its why i'm considering a 1/1 zebstrika tbh, i hardly see it online so hard to test at the moment

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
its why i run 1/1 zebstrika tbh, i hardly see it online so hard to test at the moment
I've found that 2 Parallel City is a bit more helpful than a 1-1 Raichu or Zebstrika line since if you can't find either of the Pokemon in the 1-1 line, than that particular counter is not available. I'd suggest a minimum of a 2-2 Raichu/Zebstrika line or 2 Parallel City.

In regards to testing, i tend to make arrangements with Poke pals to play-test online at certain times. Then, we choose specific decks to test.

Darren

Aspiring Trainer
its why i run 1/1 zebstrika tbh, i hardly see it online so hard to test at the moment
I've found that 2 Parallel City is a bit more helpful than a 1-1 Raichu or Zebstrika line since if you can't find either of the Pokemon in the 1-1 line, than that particular counter is not available. I'd suggest a minimum of a 2-2 Raichu/Zebstrika line or 2 Parallel City.

In regards to testing, i tend to make arrangements with Poke pals to play-test online at certain times. Then, we choose specific decks to test.
tbh ive found duel type Gardarvoir M with despair ray a much bigger issue

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
how would you run M Alakazam with no d valley and bat, super scope , az etc?
Hoopa STS is the preferred starter, initially hitting your Mewtwo EX with 20/20 damage. Max Elixir and Mega Turbo are also used for energy-attachment acceleration.

I also run 2 Parallel City in this deck which would also help against the M Gardevoir EX match-up.

21times

Aspiring Trainer
The Weaville is a good idea in theory but, as shown in the matches, it's just doesn't work in reality. He frequently has a different or unusual card or two mixed into the videos in his deck, trying a little different flavoring (expanding on his cooking analogy). This was just his flavor of the day in this deck.

I actually have had a little more success with a M Mewtwo Togekiss deck than I've had with the M Mewtwo Garbodor deck, but I'm winning a lot with either one (about 75% with Togekiss, 70% with Garbodor). The only other deck I'm having more success with is a Vespiquen / Regice / Glaceon EX deck (81%):

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...gice-for-rotation-beginning-sept-2016.135025/

Darren

Aspiring Trainer
The Weaville is a good idea in theory but, as shown in the matches, it's just doesn't work in reality. He frequently has a different or unusual card or two mixed into the videos in his deck, trying a little different flavoring (expanding on his cooking analogy). This was just his flavor of the day in this deck.

I actually have had a little more success with a M Mewtwo Togekiss deck than I've had with the M Mewtwo Garbodor deck, but I'm winning a lot with either one (about 75% with Togekiss, 70% with Garbodor). The only other deck I'm having more success with is a Vespiquen / Regice / Glaceon EX deck (81%):

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thr...gice-for-rotation-beginning-sept-2016.135025/

nice list

Darren

Aspiring Trainer

what about 2/2 zoroark to deal with m ray?

something like this

x2 Garbodor
x2 Trubbish
x3 Mewtwo EX
x3 M MewTwo EX
x1 Hoopa EX
x2 zuroas
x2 zoroark
x2 Shaymin EX

x2 N
x1 paralellel city
x2 shire of memories