News 20th Anniversary Set in September + Surfing Pikachu and M Slowbro-EX!

Why are most people excited about Mega Pidgeot?? I'm still waiting for Mega Pinsir and Mega Lopunny!!

And that Mewtwo EX with 3 attacks looks like a reprint from Majestic Dawn set.

There are too many different types of card layouts mashed into one, it doesn't look good.

The pokemon cards that go across our screen on the Japanese card website, are they all not going to feature in this set? I ask because there is no space left for some of them to feature if you go by type and card numbers of those cards leaked so far.

Very disappointing.

Last edited:
So in Expanded, put some Basic Fighting-type that's about to be Knocked Out in one hit up with a Focus Sash that hopefully doesn't get discarded during your opponent's turn. Take a powerful attack, and survive. Ninja Boy into Pidgeot-EX and use Mimic.

Looking at the Starmie BREAK, I'm thinking the more accurate translation of its attack would be Break Star or Star Break (Just a guess, given the French term for BREAK is TURBO).

After seeing that Nidoking, I might hold off on building my King/Queen deck until Evolutions, so I can fit Nidoking BREAK into it. And considering the reprints of Venusaur EX/M Venusaur EX, I might be able to rebuild my Grass deck and use them again :)

Now if they'd confirm an English release of the "Premium Champion Pack" or just include select cards into Evolutions, I won't have to dismantle my Lucario EX deck ^^; Kinda seems cruel I'd have to dismantle it now I only just got more of them (Four EXs, two of each normal and Full art, and 3 M Lucario, one of which is a secret). Oh well, can only keep fingers crossed on that regard.

Slowbro Spiritual Link?
My Educate Guesses on what The Pokemon are At Least:
#17 Growlithe/Magmar
#18 Arcanine/Squirtle
#18 Ponyta/Wartortle
#20 Magmar/Blastoise
#28 Seel
#28 Dewgong
#37 Magnemite
#38 Magneton
#50 Jynx
#54 Sandshrew
#62 Pidgey
#63 Pidgeotto
#67 Clefairy
#68 Farfetch'd

Just realized we got no Raticate there, would probably force Clefairy to become a Fairy or something, I don't know.

I need a Double Chicken Nugget Energy in my life.

We have three trainers that we don't know of, one of which is a Charizard Spirit Link. Personally based of the Alphabet style, the other two cards are betwen B-D, which could include Energy Removal, Defender, Devolution Spray, Computer Search (Unlikely), and Clefairy Doll. Personally, I don't have a preference to either of them, (except for Clefairy Doll, I NEED THAT.) The last two are probally a FA Misty's Determination and Professor Oak's Hint.

This leaves the only Pokemon from Base Set that we won't be getting as Venusaur line, Koffing, Blastoise line, Dratini, Dragonair, and the Alakazam line. While it's extremely unlikely we'll get the Alakazam line, I'm disappointing with the other ones, they could have fit in there. Edit: The Koffing could be in place of Jynx if they can't change the artwork to not screw around the Jynx controversy, unlikely since they already did it, but it's a possibility. Hopefully we get these cards in the Legendary Birds Battle Deck. Maybe a remake of Overgrowth (Articuno and Blastoise,) Bushfire (Moltres and Venusaur,) and Zap! (Zapdos and Alakazam, with Pokemon Breeder to avoid Kadabra). Maybe even give us some trainers from Base Set (the ones that got left out,) Jungle, Fossil, and Team Rocket? Maybe the Eeveeloutions from Jungle, and the Legndary Birds from Fossil? Maybe even get retyped Koffing/Weezing in Zapdos? It could work! It would also raise hype for the new set and actually give us the cards we need to finish a full reprint of Base Set.

Last edited:
I hope one of 74-76 is a tool removal item / supporter.

Also, what is even the point of Oak when we have Sycamore?

Some gorgeous Full Arts in there. Pidgeot finally gets some love with almost Night Spear. Spirit Links for the starters is big, and someone will make Venusaur work. Beedrill has the potential to be silly too.

I've said it before, but TPCi has figured out how to legally print money with this set. I have a strong feeling that this will be gobbled up like the Mew Mythical Collections were back in February. This should be fun to watch.

I'm slowly becoming bitter toward this set.
Once again they're scared of a 3rd bit hack suing over Kadabra so they ignore his line.
I just realized that the Bulbasur and Squirtle lines are being ignored in this set. (Theres room for a possible Squirtle line but i'm not holding my breath)
Of course Charizard gets his whole line, PLUS EXs, and an alternate art promo, because why not, never enough bloody Charizards.

Only a Raichu (And it has to be playable, not a one hit wonder where it's a sitting duck as always) reveal and the Misty's Determination being one of the full arts can save this set for me

I'm slowly becoming bitter toward this set.
Once again they're scared of a 3rd bit hack suing over Kadabra so they ignore his line.
I just realized that the Bulbasur and Squirtle lines are being ignored in this set. (Theres room for a possible Squirtle line but i'm not holding my breath)
Of course Charizard gets his whole line, PLUS EXs, and an alternate art promo, because why not, never enough bloody Charizards.

Only a Raichu (And it has to be playable, not a one hit wonder where it's a sitting duck as always) reveal and the Misty's Determination being one of the full arts can save this set for me

Don't forget the Charizard-EX promo Japan's getting! Also 5 Pikachu's, 7 Charizard's of Some Form, and 3 Mewtwo's of Some form are being released either in Evolutions or around Evolutions, not including any new Promos we could get and Prerelease promos!

I'm very curious as to what 109 and 110 will be. Pidgeot and M Venusaur could be very interesting decks, provided someone finds a way to make them work.

Don't forget the Charizard-EX promo Japan's getting! Also 5 Pikachu's, 7 Charizard's of Some Form, and 3 Mewtwo's of Some form are being released either in Evolutions or around Evolutions, not including any new Promos we could get and Prerelease promos!

People wonder why I disike Charizard. OH YEAH forgot all about the extra Mewtwos and the Surfing Pika (Lord knows we needed that back in our lives, no dual type, no ability or extra effect, unable to evolve, etc)

A little annoyed that the entire set is Gen 1, but that's to be expected.

A little more annoyed that most of this set is borderline unplayable.

Even more annoyed by the Charizard line getting 7 cards, plus spirit link, and the Promo charizard, And Venusaur getting nothing, despite the fact that Energy Trans + Forest would be a legitimate and fun combo. But NO. We need more Charizard, right? The fans can't get enough Charizard! Oh, I know! The next set should just be 100 Charizard cards, that's exactly what everyone would want, right? No other Pokémon matters but Charizard! They should just release a Pokémon Charizard edition and call it a day! Charizard is all that matters, so let's ignore the other 720 Pokémon, right?

Not even going to get onto his inclusion into Smash Bros, but that's another can of worms.

@Water Pokémon Master
The first few cards have the wrong numbers. Weedle, Kakuna and Beedrill are numbers 5, 6 & 7 respectively, followed by Tangela (#8) and then the Charmander line (#9, #10 & #11), with Charizard-EX being #12. Everything else is okay.

-------------

As for the missing spots... It is now clear that, unfortunaly, this is a near copy/paste of Base Set. As such:
#3 Caterpie
#4 Metapod
Slowbro Spiritual Link?
My Educate Guesses on what The Pokemon are At Least:
#17 Growlithe/Magmar
#18 Arcanine/Squirtle
#18 Ponyta/Wartortle
#20 Magmar/Blastoise
Yup. Either one of these 2 scenarios. Since the original Venusaur line is not included, I think the first scenario is the most likely one.
#28 Seel
#28 Dewgong
#37 Magnemite
#38 Magneton
Same here.
Yeah, It could be either Jynx or Koffing. I'd prefer Jynx but since it suffers a bit from the same problem as Kadabra, they might put Koffing in there instead.
#54 Sandshrew
Same here.
#62 Pidgey
#63 Pidgeotto
#67 Clefairy
#68 Farfetch'd
Okay, no. This is where people are creating problems that don't exist. There's already a Pidgeot-EX/Mega Pidgeot-EX in the set, why would they put the incomplete regular Pidgey/Pidgeotto line in there? (And before someone mentions the Charizard line, that is the exception, not the rule).
#62 can be Hitmonchan, the last Fighting card by National dex order, so it comes after Onix which is #61.
After Rattata (#66) is obviously Raticate, so #67 is set. I mean, why wouldn't they include Raticate?
Between Raticate and Doduo goes Farfetch'd.
So, what about Clefairy? Clefairy goes for spot #63 as a Fairy-type card. It fits perfectly. Why are people in such disbelief that Clefairy won't be a Fairy-type card? I think it'll be really dumb of PCL if they keep Clefairy as a Colorless-type.

Back