Blast Turtle Pokemon 'Turtonator' Revealed!

Yay more turtles! ^^

Note: Do not take this as appreciation for the particular aesthetic or competitive value of this Pokémon. Not sure yet about the former and I'm clueless about the latter. ;)

It looks like master Oogway, if drawn by me with my eyes closed using my right hand....

(Left handed by the way)

Boom. Heh heh. In all seriousness, this could have competitive value, free-switching in, setting a Shell Trap using Focus Sash, and either goading the enemy into using a physical attack, or making them switch out to a special one.

Boom. Heh heh. In all seriousness, this could have competitive value, free-switching in, setting a Shell Trap using Focus Sash, and either goading the enemy into using a physical attack, or making them switch out to a special one.

Haven't played the video games in years, but is there any chance you can set up the mine then send up something like Wobbuffet to use Mirrorcoat? Either they walk into Mirrorcoat or they use a Physical Attack and get hit by the mine?

Turtle ≠ Fire-type.
Turtle ≠ Dragon-type.

Honestly, I'm not too sure what I think about this yet. Looks like a mix between an aardvark and a turtle.

In case you didn't know it seems to be based off of the Mata Mata which is pretty cool imo, still waiting on that alligator snapping turtle though GF.

Edit: here's a pic for reference
image.jpeg

It's design is derpy, but it's cool to see a (hopefully) normal Pokemon that's Fire/Dragon.

That move shown is kind of like a condensed, attacking version of Iron Barbs/Rough Skin/Aftermath, etc.

Sounds okay, design is meh.

Wow... This is what they had to reveal? *sigh*

You know, after the last episode, I'm not really in the mood for crappy new pokémon like this one. At least, give us Ash-Greninja in the games so we can make a better use of it than Ash.

Or they could just swing on your other Poke and ignore him? Or their other Poke is a Special Sweeper? There's a lot more options than them somehow being mindgamed into somehow just attacking him...

Haha I love this Pokémon XD
Too bad it won't get to use shell trap that often since tortoises usually aren't that fast
Or maybe the move will be like protect that always goes first, but doesn't protect you from damage.
Anyway, I'm excited for this Pokémon! Does anybody think this might be Alola's pseudo-legendary?

Turtle ≠ Fire-type.
Turtle ≠ Dragon-type.

Honestly, I'm not too sure what I think about this yet. Looks like a mix between an aardvark and a turtle.
Associating types and species in Pokémon is kinda meaningless you know?^^
Look at hippowdon, krookidile and garchomp XD none of them are water type

Associating types and species in Pokémon is kinda meaningless you know?^^
Look at hippowdon, krookidile and garchomp XD none of them are water type
You've got a point there; I won't fight it. Still not sure what justifies a Dragon typing, though.

That. Hat.

27wzrc0.png

Hahah anyway I love it!!

The description leans heavily towards their being multiple, so I doubt it's the pseudo-legendary. I like the stache, it reminds me of Wreck-gar.
Competitively speaking (VGC I mean) it is a strong defensive type combination, and depending on stats and the rest of its move pool, could see play for the same reasons aegislash did. But there are honestly so many wildcards still (Alolan-only dex? Who knows man)

You've got a point there; I won't fight it. Still not sure what justifies a Dragon typing, though.

Sometimes being reptilian or being big and imposing can be enough for GF to warrant giving a Dragon type out.

Anyway, not sure how I'm feeling about this Pokemon, I wasn't a huge fan at first but I'm somewhat getting used to it, I might use one in game depending on what other Fire types are available. I'm pleased we've finally gotten a regular Fire/Dragon though.

Back