Ash & Serena: Romantic Developments?

mabmac20

Aspiring Trainer
I do agree that Ash and Serena should be together, but what about the next generations? I think that Pokemon is on to something genius that no one knows about yet, or they just thought that it was a great idea to have Serena fall in love with Ash without thinking about what to do for the future generations. I recently watched the Japanese version of "Under the Pledging Tree" with English subtitles, and Serena straight up asks Ash if their little shopping trip was a date, and Ash said yes. But if I remember correctly, it never bubbled into anything. The English version was horrible though, there was only the regular romance/crush reference in the beginning just like in every other episode, and that was it. You know how I said that Nintendo might be on to something genius? Well, I just thought this up, but what if Nintendo decides to get rid of Ash and have a new main character for the anime. What if Ash and Serena really do fall in love and the main character for the Sun/Moon anime is their son??? Therefore making Sun/Moon take place in the future, maybe about 20 years after the events of Kalos. What if in the near future we do see Serena and Ash fall in love and the finale for Kalos is really good and meaningful and whatever and it communicates to the viewers that it is the end of something, that something being Ash as a main character. I haven't really thought about what what will happen in those 20 years, but at least Ash's son will have a father!!! Maybe Ash could turn out to be the champion of the Sun/Moon region, who knows? Everyone knows that Sun/Moon has been kept a secret and is really mysterious and stuff, so maybe it will take place i the future and maybe this will happen. I just really want to see Ash and Serena together!!

StriatonIsMagic

I'll Never Forget This Day
Here's my theory:

Serena will realize that Ash is clueless about romance, and decide to not tell him about her crush on him. Ash leaves Kalos to go to Alola, and Serena and Clemont continue with their normal lives. With that being said, Clemont needs a spin-off. No Serena, just Clemont and Bonnie. My type of show.

mabmac20

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my theory:

Serena will realize that Ash is clueless about romance, and decide to not tell him about her crush on him. Ash leaves Kalos to go to Alola, and Serena and Clemont continue with their normal lives. With that being said, Clemont needs a spin-off. No Serena, just Clemont and Bonnie. My type of show.

Honestly, that is probably what will happen, (other than the clement thing) but keep in mind, the Pokemon Anime has new writers, so they might make a big change or something. Now that I have watched more of the XY/XYZ anime, I realize that my theory is well, a fools paradise. But that being said, now that the Sun/Moon trailers are out, the protagonist looks a bit like Ash and a little like Serena, so who knows, maybe Pokemon saw my theory and where like "huh, that's not bad." Also, Lillie, from the trailer looks like an older version of Bonnie.

Speaking of Lillie, who will be Ash's companions? I have to say though, Lillie looks a bit too old/mature to travel with Ash.

Still Keep in mind that the anime is under different writers who obviously have a more romantic side, so who knows, maybe Ash and Serena's relationship will develop, or she will just realize that he is clueless and leave him.

mabmac20

Aspiring Trainer
Here's my theory:

To add to my theory or the possibility that Ash and Serena will travel to Alola, in Episode 36 "The Cave of Mirrors," Ash gets lost in another dimension and Serena is super-duper sad about it, and when they meet up again, the other dimension version of Serena tells the regular Serena to take care of her Ash, so basically saying, "Don't let him go." At the end of the episode, Serena refers back to this statement by lagging behind the group to ask Ash a question: "Hey Ash? We are going top stay on our journey together too, right?" Ash answers by saying: "Of course we are! Wouldn't want it another way." Now if you watch this part of the episode, you will notice that Serena was sort of freaked out that Ash was gone, and that her question had nothing to do with Clemont and Bonnie, it was asking if Serena and Ash will stay together, on...well...a different sort of journey, more like a romantic journey. Ash's answer though, is a tip off that Ash is still clueless because it wasn't as profound and meaningful as Serena's question.
After this Clemont and Bonnie say a few things about being a team, but you can tell that Serena's focus is still straight to Ash.

Pokemon has a great thing going for them here, a more modern story that has romance and stuff, I just REEEAAALLY hope they don't make it into something.

StriatonIsMagic

Am I the only one for Advanceshipping?

... -cries-
I could see May and Ash. But I don't ship Ash with anyone, really. #Teamthrowserenainafireplease Also, nice username.

Serena has a major crush on Ash. She'd love to marry and travel with him, or at least date him. But really, the odds of that happening are really low. Keep it that way.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abel

Aspiring Trainer
RE: How will Ash's relationship with Serena develop?

I think it's a fun thing to speculate on, but I don't think the anime is actually going to move in the direction of Ash and Serena having a real relationship. It goes against everything the show has done so far, and I think Ash has about as much a chance of winning the Pokémon league as he does of becoming Serena's boyfriend. Despite his increased maturity in Kalos, he's still very young, and this is still a show aimed towards children.

I expect that Ash will remain hopelessly oblivious to everything, and that Serena will ignore Ash's obliviousness and still maintain her crush, at least until the two part ways to make room for Gen 7.

I think the only real chance of a relationship between them (other than Serena being friend-zoned like the others) would be if this were the last season of the anime and they don't plan on continuing on for Gen 7, but I don't think that will happen.
I think that Ash and Serina will become a couple by the end of XYZ reason being that is Lumoise city is literally Pairs a.k.a the city of love
From the beginning of the XY series Ash seems to have matured a lot. In the BW series they rubbed in the fact he was still a 10 year old boy, but now he seems to have grown (although probably not in age) in the way he thinks and acts.

It also kind of seems obvious to me that Serena has developed a crush on Ash.

Will Ash's seemingly increased maturity finally make space for a real relationship to develop or will they remain hints that will be ignored by (the oblivious) Ash?

Do you think Ash will ever be involved in a romantic relationship? Will this be his chance? Would that make the series better/worse?

Ash and Serina are going to be a couple by the end of XYZ in my opinion. Reason being that the main city is Lumoise city, which literally is Pairs a.k.a the city of love. If your asking what will happen to the anime, I think it's going to change main character as dumb as that sounds, reason being is I think ash can win it this time, if he doesn't win ash is still main character next gen, but if he does win New main character, and ash stays with Serena. But then there is a new question why can't ash and Serena just both stay in the anime, the answer is there is no reason for ash to go travel if he is a pokemon master also what else can he do he practically mega evolves without a mega stone, and won the league. Also for those who are saying that they can't be a couple because it's a kids show. Plz kids nowadays have phones, tablets, and tv in their room. Also there so many shows with couples in them what is so bad of ash and Serena holding hands.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Keep in mind that Ash wants to be a Pokemon master, not just win a league. Sure, a league would be a big leap forward but he hasn't become a Pokemon master quite yet. Also, Ash and Serena? Not gonna happen. First off, since it's pretty much already hinted Ash is going to Alola, Serena will not join him. Why? Her goal is to become "Kalos Queen" not Alola Queen or anything. She would not be going there to perform, only to be following... some boy... Which would be SO DUMB.

Their dreams get in the way of their romance. Hopefully Serena won't give up her dream to be with Ash. I'd hate her more than I already do for that. Besides, ratings in Japan are plummeting, and that's who they're trying to reach out to the most, which is another reason Serena would be scrapped by the writers. If she did happen to confess her feelings to him, Ash would be too dense to think anything of it. He'd just think of her as a friend, and say bye as he heads back to Kanto to for a few days, then we'll see her somehow in Alola for a few episodes like Misty, May or Dawn. Again, these two will not become a couple, because this is a KIDS show. The point of the show is not romance, as that would just be a distraction for what's the main goal, and that is to see Ash + female protagonist try to reach their goals. And yeah, while I'm a die hard Advanceshipper, I would never actually believe it to happen in the show. Why? Because romance takes attention away from the whole purpose of the show.

Because while a lot of the Americans love her, (I don't. Bring back May, and I'll do literally anything) their just dubs of original content from Japan, which sorry to say Americans, while we love XY's improvement over BW, Japan feels quite the opposite. XY and XYZ are receiving worse ratings than Black and White, and sadly... They're right. They're merchandise is also plummeting, which is another money machine for Pokemon. That is enough to tell the writers that they need to mix it up, because Clemont and Serena are boring...

Since Ash is traveling, and remains on his way to become a Pokemon master, and Serena's still chasing her goal, we'll probably see her in Alola like those times we saw Misty, May and Dawn return. They're not gonna hit it off, end of story.

mabmac20

Aspiring Trainer
Still though, why would the writers implement Serena's rather big crush if they aren't going to make it into anything? And if they do, it is probably going to have something to do with the finale. Also, kids shows these days are having a decent amount of romance in them, so Ash and Serena wouldn't be a new thing. But, if Ash and Serena do become a couple and go to Alola, their relationship might take away from the Pokemon.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
Still though, why would the writers implement Serena's rather big crush if they aren't going to make it into anything? And if they do, it is probably going to have something to do with the finale. Also, kids shows these days are having a decent amount of romance in them, so Ash and Serena wouldn't be a new thing. But, if Ash and Serena do become a couple and go to Alola, their relationship might take away from the Pokemon.
That's true. A lot of kids shows do have romance in them. But there's just so many things wrong with this.

People have been suggesting that the writers are more open to the viewers ideas right? They're going to be listening to their main audience, which is the Japanese. The Japanese despise XY and XYZ. The ratings there are worse than in BW, and I'm so close to agreeing with them. They implemented Serena's crush probably just to mix it up in the show, they're new writers who can do what they want. And quite possibly that it's a throwback to Ash and Misty.

Sure, a lot of Pokemon's big faces like Satoshi Tajiri and Junichi Masuda like Amourshipping, but that doesn't fit the target audience of the show. Which is kids in Japan, and others across the world. When this show is targeted towards i don't know, 6-8 year olds, do you REALLY think they just wanna see a bunch of kissing and mushiness? NO!

Remember the days when everyone thought, "Ash and Misty forever!" and, "they're totally getting together"? Remember those? Remember how they NEVER HAPPENED? The same thing will repeat in XY, XYZ, and SM (Sun and Moon).

1. Their goals take them to different places.

2. Their target audiences would not appreciate this.

3. Ash is dense to no end.

4. Ratings are falling and not just in Japan, which means they need to seriously change the anime if they want to make it appreciated around the world once more.

5. Ash and Misty? Remember that? The EXACT SAME THING is going on here.

6. And, Ash wants to become a Pokemon Master while Serena wants to be Kalos Queen. Ash will travel to Alola, while Serena will stay in Kalos and train with Pallermo to get to the top. Then, even if she DOES make it, she will probably have to defend her title.

7. Even if there IS performing in Alola, which I highly doubt there is since performing seems to be a Kalosian thing, her goal doesn't take her there as she's not going to be fighting for Alola Queen or anything.

8. In many recent polls, over 3/4 of people on average voted contests way more interesting than showcases. Showcases are just freakin' beauty pageants.

9. If Serena went to Alola, and I'm sure no contests are being held there, she will have only gone for a boy. That would absolutely DESTROY any growth she ever had on her journey. I would've thought that she at least learned that she shouldn't chase after a boy her whole life, and learn what's really important in the world, which is to follow her true dream that will I don't know, GET HER SOMEWHERE.

Conclusion:
Ash and Serena are not meant to be. Almost everything points to Serena staying in Kalos, because if she went to Alola, then I'll think the writers are stupid and have no idea what they're doing. The same thing will continue to go on. Hints of Amourshipping every once in a while and nothing ever happens with it, thus just making the series less interesting and tedious at the same time.

Yeah, I'd rather watch Ash try to battle a powerful trainer than constantly watch date scenes or shipping hints on Pokemon. If these people are smart and know what they're doing, they'll get rid of Serena, and restart with a new protagonist who DOESN'T have a crush on him, and has a goal that is interesting and people would like to watch.

If the Sun and Moon anime wants to have my attention as much as AG and DP did, they need to bring back contests. I loved watching those, as did lots of people (still to this day, do I wish we had anime style contests where we could craft our own combos). They should also try to do something with this Synchro Evolution and make it important for the story, and maybe give Ash one (No, Ash-Greninja doesn't count as its been made very clear that you need a stone on your wrist, something Ash doesn't have because this is all just some anime exclusive cheesy gimmick).

My Actual Conclusion:
Get rid of Serena. We need a new start and something a bit more like AG and DP in general, besides shipping. I'm sick of watching all this Amourshipping crap. So finally, it should be obvious what's gonna happen, and I will have to SEE a commercial for Sun/Moon anime to be convinced, but for now, I'm 110% sure that Serena and Ash will not be a thing, and they will go their separate ways. Period.

Last edited:

mabmac20

Aspiring Trainer
This is very true. And Serena has been more independent because of the preformances which is why she will probably stay in Kalos which brings me back to my original theory: what if neither of them go to Alola because there writers want to give the anime a refresh.

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
This is very true. And Serena has been more independent because of the preformances which is why she will probably stay in Kalos which brings me back to my original theory: what if neither of them go to Alola because there writers want to give the anime a refresh.
This wouldn't happen. In an interview with Satoshi Tajiri, he said that the last episode following Ash would be the episode Ash becomes a Pokemon Master. And no, winning a league doesn't make you a Pokemon Master. So I don't think Ash will be going anywhere until he wins a champion league, or defeats all the elite four and champion of one region, which he isn't gonna do in XYZ, because Ash winning a league, then immediately he wins against the Elite Four and champion would make his ending seem WAY too rushed, and while I'm not a fan of this season of the anime too much, I know they're trying to do this very carefully.

So no, Ash isn't going anywhere.

StriatonIsMagic

That's true. A lot of kids shows do have romance in them. But there's just so many things wrong with this.

People have been suggesting that the writers are more open to the viewers ideas right? They're going to be listening to their main audience, which is the Japanese. The Japanese despise XY and XYZ. The ratings there are worse than in BW, and I'm so close to agreeing with them. They implemented Serena's crush probably just to mix it up in the show, they're new writers who can do what they want. And quite possibly that it's a throwback to Ash and Misty.

Sure, a lot of Pokemon's big faces like Satoshi Tajiri and Junichi Masuda like Amourshipping, but that doesn't fit the target audience of the show. Which is kids in Japan, and others across the world. When this show is targeted towards i don't know, 6-8 year olds, do you REALLY think they just wanna see a bunch of kissing and mushiness? NO!

Remember the days when everyone thought, "Ash and Misty forever!" and, "they're totally getting together"? Remember those? Remember how they NEVER HAPPENED? The same thing will repeat in XY, XYZ, and SM (Sun and Moon).

1. Their goals take them to different places.

2. Their target audiences would not appreciate this.

3. Ash is dense to no end.

4. Ratings are falling and not just in Japan, which means they need to seriously change the anime if they want to make it appreciated around the world once more.

5. Ash and Misty? Remember that? The EXACT SAME THING is going on here.

6. And, Ash wants to become a Pokemon Master while Serena wants to be Kalos Queen. Ash will travel to Alola, while Serena will stay in Kalos and train with Pallermo to get to the top. Then, even if she DOES make it, she will probably have to defend her title.

7. Even if there IS performing in Alola, which I highly doubt there is since performing seems to be a Kalosian thing, her goal doesn't take her there as she's not going to be fighting for Alola Queen or anything.

8. In many recent polls, over 3/4 of people on average voted contests way more interesting than showcases. Showcases are just freakin' beauty pageants.

9. If Serena went to Alola, and I'm sure no contests are being held there, she will have only gone for a boy. That would absolutely DESTROY any growth she ever had on her journey. I would've thought that she at least learned that she shouldn't chase after a boy her whole life, and learn what's really important in the world, which is to follow her true dream that will I don't know, GET HER SOMEWHERE.

Conclusion:
Ash and Serena are not meant to be. Almost everything points to Serena staying in Kalos, because if she went to Alola, then I'll think the writers are stupid and have no idea what they're doing. The same thing will continue to go on. Hints of Amourshipping every once in a while and nothing ever happens with it, thus just making the series less interesting and tedious at the same time.

Yeah, I'd rather watch Ash try to battle a powerful trainer than constantly watch date scenes or shipping hints on Pokemon. If these people are smart and know what they're doing, they'll get rid of Serena, and restart with a new protagonist who DOESN'T have a crush on him, and has a goal that is interesting and people would like to watch.

If the Sun and Moon anime wants to have my attention as much as AG and DP did, they need to bring back contests. I loved watching those, as did lots of people (still to this day, do I wish we had anime style contests where we could craft our own combos). They should also try to do something with this Synchro Evolution and make it important for the story, and maybe give Ash one (No, Ash-Greninja doesn't count as its been made very clear that you need a stone on your wrist, something Ash doesn't have because this is all just some anime exclusive cheesy gimmick).

My Actual Conclusion:
Get rid of Serena. We need a new start and something a bit more like AG and DP in general, besides shipping. I'm sick of watching all this Amourshipping crap. So finally, it should be obvious what's gonna happen, and I will have to SEE a commercial for Sun/Moon anime to be convinced, but for now, I'm 110% sure that Serena and Ash will not be a thing, and they will go their separate ways. Period.
*claps* I don't care how many times I've said this, but thank you. You took the words right out of my mouth. When Ash and Serena go their separate ways, I will finally be able to say to Amourshippers: "I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so."

Lorde

♕ The Queen ♕
*claps* I don't care how many times I've said this, but thank you. You took the words right out of my mouth. When Ash and Serena go their separate ways, I will finally be able to say to Amourshippers: "I hate to say I told you so, but I told you so."
Congratulations. Now you can say it. Thank you Coro Coro.

ranza

Aspiring Trainer
Let tell you all something see if ash has this so called feelings for misty then he would gone and saw her on the last episode of black and white BUT he didn't did he and then lets go to xy the summer camp pokevision episode when ash and misty fell ash showed emotion for serena and then serina quietly confessed her feelings for ash and ash heard what she said but acted like he didn't i can tell this because of the emotions that ash had on his face when they fell like he planned to fall with serena and have some alone time with her granted that later ash and serena more than likely will break apart because of ash's dreams or Pikachu but pikachu reallys likes serena so the pikachu more than likely won't happen but ash dream may get in the way and serena may leave or serena will help ash with his dream and they eventually get married after ash gets all the pokemon's in the world

StriatonIsMagic

Let tell you all something see if ash has this so called feelings for misty then he would gone and saw her on the last episode of black and white BUT he didn't did he and then lets go to xy the summer camp pokevision episode when ash and misty fell ash showed emotion for serena and then serina quietly confessed her feelings for ash and ash heard what she said but acted like he didn't i can tell this because of the emotions that ash had on his face when they fell like he planned to fall with serena and have some alone time with her granted that later ash and serena more than likely will break apart because of ash's dreams or Pikachu but pikachu reallys likes serena so the pikachu more than likely won't happen but ash dream may get in the way and serena may leave or serena will help ash with his dream and they eventually get married after ash gets all the pokemon's in the world
1. Serena won't be in Sun and Moon.
2. Where did Ash show signs of romantic interest in Serena?
3. Ash and Serena getting married? Dude, they're 10. Somehow, I don't think that's legal.

Meracle

Prosperous VI
3. Ash and Serena getting married? Dude, they're 10. Somehow, I don't think that's legal.

They can marry when they're older. Oh wait, who am I kidding? They don't age. #4ver10

Anyway, Serena will end up just like Misty and the rest. Been like this since forever.