• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Alt. Format Jolteon/Glaceon/Garbodor

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
This is a deck I threw together as a joke in TCGOne, and was actually surprised with how well it performed. I'm curious for others thoughts on the deck, I'm debating between this and Darkrai/Giratina for the deck I'm going to purchase, (if Jolteon goes down in price.) This is for the 2017 PRC-On format by the way.

Pokemon (14)

• 3x Jolteon-EX
  • 2x Glaceon-EX
  • 2x Shaymin-EX
  • 3x Garbodor
  • 3x Trubbish
  • 1x Smeargle

Trainers (35)

• 3x Professor Sycamore
  • 2x N
  • 1x Lysandre
  • 1x Ninja Boy (I've been testing with AZ)
  • 4x VS Seeker
  • 4x Ultra Ball
  • 4x Trainers' Mail
  • 4x Max Elixir
  • 4x Puzzle of Time
  • 2x Fighting Fury Belt
  • 3x Float Stone
  • 3x Rough Seas

Energy (11)

• 4x Double Colorless Energy
  • 4x Lightning Energy
  • 3x Water Energy

21times

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting but how does Smeargle work with Garbodor? And you have to hope you get your Shaymin out really quickly.

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
Interesting but how does Smeargle work with Garbodor? And you have to hope you get your Shaymin out really quickly.
The Smeargle is mostly used before Garbodor is set up, helping you get Jolteon and Glaceon set up, and then it's Ninja Boy'd into a Jolteon or Glaceon.

TuxedoBlack

Old School Player
A few thoughts for your consideration:
  • You may want to incorporate a Hex Maniac. Should Vileplume become a popular threat post-rotation, players will attempt to impose the T1 Item-lock most likely. If so, that would impede your setup significantly.
  • I've run Garbodor in a number of decks over several seasons and have found a 2-2 line to be quite sufficient.
  • Neither your Jolteon EX's Flash Ray nor Glaceon EX's Crystal Ray can protect any of your benched EX Pokémon from an opponent's Lysandre-attack-KO...
  • Lastly, your main attackers' damage output is a base 70 damage (for 3 energy cost) - really not that much compared to other decks (e.g, Darkrai EX) that can easily inflict 100+ damage for just 2 energy.
From my experience in competing against both decks (obviously before the rotation) you are considering, JGG seem to be less competitive versus Darkrai-Giratina for 2 main reasons: main Pokémon have less HP and they inflict less total damage per attack.

I hope you find these comments helpful.