2017 Format Rotation Announced!

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
No more trevenant No more greninja No more night march No more semistoad No more bronzong Finally. Now we can see something original.

asdjklghty

-------------
RIP PHF Bronzong. But I'm glad that Night March and Vespiquen will die. We need a slower format. This looks to be one of the best formats in a long time. Primal Kyogre has a chance to reign in Standard now.

No more trevenant No more greninja No more night march No more semistoad No more bronzong Finally. Now we can see something original.
Greninja will live on. It doesn't need the other Greninja from XY.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Oh well, dems the breaks, at least my fairy deck doesn't suffer since i typically run Gardevoir-ex and Xerneas

ShayminTails

Pinkie Pie's Bro
Oh well, dems the breaks, at least my fairy deck doesn't suffer since i typically run Gardevoir-ex and Xerneas

Yeah except that Aromatisse XY is getting hit so you can't switch Energy around to use Max Potion (While yes Fairy Drop is in the format currently, it's no substitute for Max Potion in my opinion) Also bummed that Slurpuff from XY is gone too as now Darkrai-EX/Hypno is now a deck threat against Fairies without Slurpuff

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
I love rotations - it just freshens things up nicely and forces new strategies. Of course, new archetypes and annoyances will always form when old ones exit, and that also keeps each rotation welcome.

Personally, I am looking forward to the Sun/Moon and forward rotation. :)

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Finally, people can shut up about us potentially getting that reprint set Japan got. They wouldn't have done that recap of what we lose article if most of it was sticking around anyway.

Shame we had to lose Flashfire and Furious Fists to lose Phantom Forces, but it's not like that was surprising. Still wish we had lost Roaring Skies as well, but oh well, Battle Compressor and Night March as a whole leaving will do a lot to slow the format.

Crimzonlogic

I'm Batwoman.
Sad that blacksmith isn't being reprinted...But the DC camerupt is still there, so I can still go ahead and build the Flareon deck. :)

swapforce1

Shaymin lover
TGNMIOF. Thank God Night March is Out of Format.
In my review I satted that Joltik was satin in disguise!
Also I really hope that Trev will be reprinted. The amount of Money that it takes to build a good deck is insane.
2xShay for 60$ each 120 $ for 2/60 cards!
I still have expanded but still....

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Well my Rayquaza EX deck will need Bronzong and Trevenant replaced. Don't know with what yet.

The only impact to my fairy deck is Aromatiasse. Not that it's a small loss but I do kind of like the new Diancie EX, so that can work. Maybe the Spritzee's can be replaced with Xerneas BREAK...

Purrloin

If we get a reprint set in Nov., we can at least have two months of fun before the meta becomes unbearable again. :D

DatSonicAce

Latios Superfan
RIP Water Toolbox. You will be missed greatly. (IMO) The only Toad deck that took skill. I'm also very disappointed that Blacksmith will be rotated. So much for Volcanion/Zoroark...
Now that I think about it, Serperior is also less viable. Without Muscle Band, it can't do as much as it could with Muscle Band (Normal: Paralyze, Poison, Coil for 60, back to you has 80 damage on it, Slashing Strike for 160, you get the idea) but now it does much less.

Raigetsu

Lightning Trainer
Yeah except that Aromatisse XY is getting hit so you can't switch Energy around to use Max Potion (While yes Fairy Drop is in the format currently, it's no substitute for Max Potion in my opinion) Also bummed that Slurpuff from XY is gone too as now Darkrai-EX/Hypno is now a deck threat against Fairies without Slurpuff

Yeah but i never ran Aromatisse

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Well this sucks. Battle Compressor made so many decks viable. Now I don't think there's a good way to get a Maxie/Archie out :(

Dalton

Aspiring Trainer
RIP M Manectric
Ho-oh now looks unplayable, considering less support on energy, since 3 different is a nightmare.
The cards they I really think need reprints are, Blacksmith, Silver Bangle (BW 10), Bats, since it gets a BREAK and something to encourage evolving Pokemon. Something that slows the format to make ex not as powerful.

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
RIP M Manectric
Ho-oh now looks unplayable, considering less support on energy, since 3 different is a nightmare.
The cards they I really think need reprints are, Blacksmith, Silver Bangle (BW 10), Bats, since it gets a BREAK and something to encourage evolving Pokemon. Something that slows the format to make ex not as powerful.

My Ho-oh EX deck is untouched by that format shift. The only thing that really hurts it is the fact I can't get right of tools on Garbodor now. Would love to see something like Tool Scraper come back.