Discussion Viability of SS Clawitzer

Spectre_Makoto

Elon Musk is Steve Jobs' Nobody!
I'm really intrigued by the new Clawitzer card. I feel like it could make some normally bad Megas good, and good Megas even better. Say the ones who have really good attacks on paper but execution is difficult given their attack costs. Clawitzer BREAK seems a bit gimmicky, but the fact that Lock-on stops them from retreating and buffs the attacks of any of your Pokemon by 120 is too big to ignore right off the bat. And with cards like Time Puzzle and Special Charge, maintaining Special Energy shouldn't be much of a problem.

I'd like to know other people's thoughts and ideas for this new card and how it could be used effectively.

Translations:
Clawitzer – Water – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Clauncher

Ability: Mega Booster
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may choose a Special Energy card from your hand and attach it to 1 of your Mega Evolution Pokemon.

[W][C][C] Crab Hammer: 60 damage.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2

Clawitzer BREAK – Water – HP130
BREAK Evolution – Evolves from Clawitzer

Clawitzer BREAK retains the attacks, Abilities, Weakness, Resistance, and Retreat Cost of its previous Evolution.

[C] Lock On: During your opponent’s next turn, the Defending Pokemon can’t retreat. During your next turn, your Pokemon’s attacks do 120 more damage to the Defending Pokemon.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I can see a scary speed Primal Groudon-EX come from a combination of Clawitzer, Mega Turbo, Max Elixir and similar cards. I'm not sure how well it would work in current format, but it does look like a very possible combination.

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
I wonder how viable Clawitzer BREAK + Delta Plus Pokemon could be (Either Articuno or Swellow). Or you could just keep them in a retreat lock (could be effective against fairy and Manaphy EX decks which rely on manual retreating)

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
With a Lysandre in hand, I think it's interesting to note if you have a benched basic as bad as a Pikachu etc. that's doing 10 damage for 1 energy, you can still KO a Shaymin EX with Clawitzer BREAK's Lock On effect.

Sword.N

Aspiring Trainer
Idk it can fit well with Groudon as the deck has only 4 special energies.Maybe M Steelix who can use both DCE and Strong Energy can be a choice.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Idk it can fit well with Groudon as the deck has only 4 special energies.Maybe M Steelix who can use both DCE and Strong Energy can be a choice.

I think that a combination of Mega Turbo, Landorus, Clawitzer, Max Elixir and the new Special Energy recycler, a Groudon player should be able to set up relatively quickly. Besides, Groudon are quite difficult to take down before setting up, so the Ability to set up multiple quickler is even better. I do see your point about M Steelix, however.

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
1075225.jpg

Manual attachment + Megaturbo + Clawitzer = GG

I've been thinking about a M Ttar/Clawitzer/Weavile (SS) deck, but the main problem is how to put the damage counters on the opponent without having to rely on Team Magma's Secret Base

MarshalBry

Aspiring Trainer
1075225.jpg

I've been thinking about a M Ttar/Clawitzer/Weavile (SS) deck, but the main problem is how to put the damage counters on the opponent without having to rely on Team Magma's Secret Base
180px-CelebiXYPromo93.jpg

Personally I'd use the onion fairy Celebi promo as a starting Pokémon in 3 or 4 in the deck and run some grass or rainbow energy.

Alternatively, there's Forretress FLF
180px-ForretressFlashfire60.jpg

pokedan24

Aspiring Trainer
1075225.jpg

Golbat's been reprinted in Generations (though not Crobat)

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
@MarshalBry , @pokedan24 , I know Golbat and Forretress are real options, but the problem with adding them is that having 3 different stage 1 lines seems a bit clunky. I hadn't thought about Celebi, it could be tried, thx!

I think Weavile is important for the deck, that's why I prefer it over Golbat/Forretress.

Edit: trying to not make an off-topic post, I think any M Evolution which uses 3+ energies is a good option for Clawitzer

Buyo

Aspiring Trainer
Oh man as soon as I saw Clawitzer I started thinking of ways to use it. It's one of my favorite designs!
I thought a bit about Mega Beedrill with it, with either a 4/4 Herbal /Rainbow Energy split and some Special Charges, or maybe a 5/4 Grass/Herbal split with some Mega Turbos. It could be a neat way to stream Hazard Sting.

I'm thinkin' a lot about M Ampharos with it too since I loved playing it with Eels. 4/3/4 Lightning/Flash-or-Rainbow/DCE would give Clawitzer lots of chances to shine, and it has synergy with Rough Seas!

M Mewtwo will be ridiculous with it since you can theoretically drop 2 DCE onto it in a single turn, boosting its damage by a disgusting 120. It'll also make Mega Ray able to attach DCEs more often as well.

M Aerodactyl could use it efficiently too, if it runs both DCE and Strong energy. M Latios can also now recycle DDE with Special Charge and Clawitzer can drop it right back on him without using an energy attachment.

Needless to say, I'm excited for the possibilities this lil guy can provide.