'Sun' and 'Moon' Livestream and Coverage from E3!

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Well, they showed off a few interesting tidbits. We got two new Pokemon, Yungoos and Pikipek, and a new Battle Royale mode which lets four trainers battle at once. Looks like a good game so far.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I look at Yungoos and I see a Pokemon like Sentret/Zigzagoon. It may be an "HM Slave" but can have the potential to be a pretty serviceable Pokemon (like Furret and Linoone can) if it needs to be.

Pikipek is the regional bird, nothing too exciting. Like I said before; I do really like its color scheme. I think I may use it.

Tails19950

Aspiring Trainer
So for X and Y we got Vivillon and Noivern... this time we got Yungoose and Pikipek and know it has two evolutions (relations/forms?)

It's never enough when it comes to leaked Pokemon news I want MORE! xD

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
I like how the attacks do that now. So Popplio is going to be water/fairy then?
Popplio is probably going to learn a lot of sound based moves like the whismur line so it learning a fairy move has no correlation to what its final evo's typing could be.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
Two new pokemon, customization confirmed, a lead to Popplios potential typing (Water/Fairy), and Battle Royale!

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
They just revealed Grubbin, a bug type Pokemon that can use the move String Shot and has the ability Swarm as well as gameplay of Magearna and that it's ability Soul Heart boosts it's special attack when it's ally is knocked out in a double (and perhaps triple battle).

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
I'm team Litten but i'm all about this meme right now.
Ck7TKFwUUAEnpii.jpg:small

fleshrum

Cephalophore
I pre-ordered these games back in February at Gamestop. First thing I did was ensure that if anything extra was given for pre-ordering that I would get it too. I can't wait for November. Screw Thanksgiving, i'm going to be playing my new Pokemon Games, lolz.
I booked the day off. I was definitely going to get it, but now with the info and hype from today I'm willing to make absolutely sure that I get it on day 1.

ShadkoNyan

Water-type Trainer
It's interesting that in the gameplay footage, just before the festival scene, Hala says something about the four islands of Alola. He said that there are four deities that serve as guardians for these islands. And he mentioned one of them - Tapu Koko.
All of this is so exciting! Can't wait for the games to come out!

Mitja

veteran smartass
We saw that Pikipek is a 3-stage evolutionary line, due to two pokeballs shown next to it in the pokedex.

I find this uninspired at this point hough..

I mean, I've been waiting till gen4 for them to finally make another bird with three stages like Pidgey. But now, THEY CAN'T SEEM TO STOP.

Pidgey - nothing - nothing - Starly - Pidove - Fletchling - Pikipek
(Spearow - Hoothoot - Taillow/Wingull - nothing - nothing - nothing - ???)

Not that I'm complaining. They probably have another twist for it, like slapping another elemental type onto it, as happened with Talonflame.

Also, seeing it have the ability skill link, I'm thinking that probably means we're getting a pecking-based 2-5-Hit Flying move. If so, we can start praying that anything with Gale Wings doesn't get it xD

As for Yungoose, I was looking at the screen when it was caught, to see how many stages it would have (I'm probably the only one even entertaining the thought it could be more than just the 7th Rattata-clone in a row), but they intentionally shoved a picture of Rotom-Pokedex in our face for no reason at exactly that point o____O

A 3-stage early Normal-type, like Lillipup, was quite refreshing in genV. But to be realistic, at most I see Yungoose gaining /Dark in it's single evolution.
Perhaps the fandom will some day start anticipating all the Normal/X type combinations for the Rattata-clones the same way people cannot shut up about hypothetical unnecessary eeveelutions? xD

/Water=Bibarel
/Ground=Diggersby

If yes, Normal/Poison would be a candidate for a rat or something, Normal/Flying seems an easy one for another flying squirrel etc..

Grubbins description, make me believe it will end up Bug/Electric actually, which is neat, although it'll probably end up having as terrible stats as all the early bugs do ):

Empoleafeon

Aspiring Trainer
I hope Grubbin stays pure bug. We need more pure bugs that stay that way, and what would be best of all is a pure bug that stays that way and has a competitive BST.

About the legendaries tying into the game in a unique way... I've always said it was part of my wishlist for the legendaries to be actual characters with personalities and self-determination rather than just pawns for the evil team and protagonist to fight over - there's a reason they're on the cover! This seems like evidence that it might actually happen... though it could be just wishful thinking.

Also just as an aside, I remember when they revealed the map people thought the mountain was just an excuse for an ice gym, but it turns out that there are really mountains in Hawaii that have such high altitude that there can be snow in the summer!

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Grubbin's probably going to evolve into a Moth Pokemon. A Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth.

*brick'd*

I hope that we get a different typing for the regional early-game insect instead of another Bug/Flying type; but that may be where Grubbin ends up when it fully evolves.

ShadkoNyan

Water-type Trainer
The concept behind Yungoos is actualy really cool. It's based on a mongoose(pretty obvious) but the description, that's on the main site, has intrigued me. It says: "Yungoos is not a Pokémon that is native to the Alola region. It was brought to the region to help deal with the explosive population of a certain other Pokémon, and now Yungoos are commonly seen around the Alola region." And mongoose in the real world were brought to Hawaii to deal with a growing population of dangerous snakes. It's so cool to see such detail in pokemon games!

Ami Dark

Professor/Leader of the Destiny Tower League
Grubs turn into beetles, so likely what Grubbin will be. And it looks gross already. eww.

werty81180

Aspiring Trainer
SKILL LINK?!?! THEY GIVE A STARTER BIRD AN OP ABILITY?!?!

• Popplio with Disarming Voice? Oh boy, potential part fairy-type? #TeamPopplio
  • I don't know why, but I like Grubbin, it's growing on me <3

NotSeen

Aspiring Trainer
If they wouldn't reveal Grubbin's type, I'd believe it will be Rock/Poison… just look at it's design; the two “fangs” or whatever it is, resembles definitely something like mandibles that could be filled with toxin; and the color design of that Pokémon… at least, it'll end as Bug/Poison OR Bug/Rock (Dwebble-line), I think.

The Pikipek… sounds like pick-a-peck (or maybe pick-n-peck)… why not the ability Pickup for it? Just kidding, but seriously… why not?

And the Yungoose… Young goose? OK, maybe young mangoose? Anyway, like was already said, it's “just” another Linoone; that was the very first think I thought when I first saw it.

About the another revealed Pokémon so far… why is Nekkoala ONLY Normal? At least it is a Koala, it shoul be partially Grass. I want Normal/Grass combo… let evolelve it into something beautiful!

Iwanko, the “rocky-dog”… parody on Lillipup with parts of stones in it's heart? Ah, time will show.

Nahiri

Never gonna be President now
Someone told me Yungoos looks like Donald Trump and now I can't get that image out of my head.

Rcxd9999

Aspiring Trainer
" Pikipek will attack distant opponents by zipping seeds at them"
Pikipek will probably learn bullet seed to go with skill link

"Yungoos is not a Pokémon that is native to the Alola region. It was brought to the region to help deal with the explosive population of a certain other Pokémon, and now Yungoos are commonly seen around the Alola region."

There's probably a early game snake Pokemon since Yungoos is a mongoose and mongooses eat snakes, as we can see with Seviper and Zangoose

"Grubbin loves electricity, which is why it can be found near power plants and substations"

Grubbin will probably evolve into a Bug/Electric type.

Zielo

Caught 'em all.
The concept behind Yungoos is actualy really cool. It's based on a mongoose(pretty obvious) but the description, that's on the main site, has intrigued me. It says: "Yungoos is not a Pokémon that is native to the Alola region. It was brought to the region to help deal with the explosive population of a certain other Pokémon, and now Yungoos are commonly seen around the Alola region." And mongoose in the real world were brought to Hawaii to deal with a growing population of dangerous snakes. It's so cool to see such detail in pokemon games!

I didnt notice that description! I bet there will be a new snake pokemon too at some point. We need more snakes. I can see another Zangoose-Seviper relationship coming on.

EDIT: Also, after checking the main site, has anyone noticed the new "forms" of Solgaleo and Lunala? They arent strikingly different, but they are brighter and a bit recolored. Are they actually official "forms" or just action poses before they use a special move or something? The site uses the term form so I wasnt sure it that was official. http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/

EDIT(again): After looking more at the website, Gubblin is being hinted at turning into Bug/Electric?
"Grubbin relies on its sturdy jaw as a weapon in battle and as a tool for burrowing through the earth. Grubbin loves electricity, which is why it can be found near power plants and substations. By wrapping tree branches in the sticky threads that it spews from its mouth, Grubbin can swing around like an actor on suspension wires!" http://www.pokemon-sunmoon.com/en-us/pokemon/grubbin/

Last edited:

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
I understand them putting the effectiveness indicator under the moves for people who are new to the game to better grasp the type chart but... I don't want it. I want to figure the typing of the new Pokémon on my own, thanks.

Love the 3 Pokémon reveled though.