• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Archie's Omastar's Kaputops

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
Another overlooked Fates Collide card, I feel like Kabutops is a semi-good card due to him being able to use Cling, which works well due to all the support of fighting Pokemon. It may not be the most competitive deck, but it is a semi-competitive and fun deck.

Archie's Omastar's Kaputops
Pokemon (16)
  • 3 Kabutops *Immortal Attacker*
  • 3 Kabuto *Evolution*
  • 2 Carbink BREAK *Energy Acceleration*
  • 1 Carbink (Energy Keeper) *Energy Preservation*
  • 2 Carbink (Safeguard) *Blocking EX's*
  • 2 Omastar *Using ability to get out Kabutops*
  • 3 Regirock-EX *Damage Increaser*
  • 1 Jirachi *Special Energy Punisher*

Trainers (34)
  • 2 Professor Sycamore *Draw Support*
  • 1 N *Draw Support*
  • 3 Archie's Ace in the Hole *Bringing out Omastar*
  • 2 Korrina *Bringing out other Pokemon*
  • 1 Lysandre *Forcing out a K.O*
  • 1 AZ *Picking up damaged Pokemon*
  • 1 Hex Maniac *Denying Abilities*
  • 4 Ultra Ball *Bringing out Pokemon*
  • 4 Battle Compressor *Discarding Omastar*
  • 3 Trainer's Mail *Bringing out Trainers*
  • 3 VS Seeker *Reusing Supporters*
  • 1 Acro Bike *Bringing out Cards*
  • 2 Escape Rope *Making sure a Regirock doesn't get stuck in active spot*
  • 3 Focus Sash *Keeping your Kabutops alive*
  • 2 Sky Field *Keeping all your Pokemon in field*
  • 1 Fighting Stadium *Boosting Cling when needed*

Energy (9)
  • 5 Fighting Energy *Energy*
  • 4 Strong Energy *Boosing up Cling*

Just like the overly attached girlfriend meme, our goal is to make Kaputops as clingy as possible. The main strategy is to power up Cling with Regirock, Fighting Stadium, and Strong Energy. If decks try to one-hit K.O Kabutops, he can hold onto 10 HP with Focus Sash, and then instantly recover. You can switch between Skyfield and Fighting Stadium depending on different situations. Regirock is pretty self-explanatory. The Carbinks are your ideal starter to power up a benched Carbink/Kabutops. Jirachi is to punish decks that rely on special energy, (Night March, YZG, etc.) and yeah, that's the deck, any suggestions to change, improve, etc.? Thanks!

Last edited:

Mystic

Aspiring Trainer
This looks really entertaining to play. Ill see if i can get the cards for this and try it out and get back to you.

EDIT: You only have 35 trainers, not 36. I would probably do another ultra ball to cut hand size or even acro.

Last edited:

AuraJackle

Aspiring Trainer
This deck does not Run Battle Compressors or 4 Ultra Balls. To many Stadiums and Tools, and 4 Maxies I predict your chance of getting out Kabutops in a Battle is 1% and that's only once. Also your chance of Starting with a Card you don't want active is very likely and you only have 3 cards to get them out of active.

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
If you're going to use Omastar, you need to run Kabuto, as it is the restored pokemon, no Kabutops. Then evolve it. It's better to use a correct Maxie engine

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
If you're going to use Omastar, you need to run Kabuto, as it is the restored pokemon, no Kabutops. Then evolve it. It's better to use a correct Maxie engine
I disagree, cuz then you do all that work for one Kabutops instead of for all them after waiting a turn :/ what happens if you get ohkoed?

Last edited:

PineDog

Random TCG Trainer
I'll test out both of the decklists on Tcg One and see which one is more efficent.

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
I disagree, cuz then you do all that work for one Kabutops instead of for all them after waiting a turn :/ what happens if you get ohkoed?

Well, fighting has a great defensive support in Focus Sash. But the main problem in the Archie's Omastar version is that you're running 3 Kabuto + 3 Kabutops, which are 6 cards that you need to have in the deck and not in your hand (or even worst, in the discard pile), giving you lack of consistency. This is not a top tier deck, it's for fun, so I think OHKOs are much less common.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
But once sash is used it gets discarded ( I feel like no one realizes that) meaning you can only use it 4 max (unless you run eco arm, WHICH YOU DON'T) :p