Finished Werewolf XXXIII: Order in the Court!- Congratulations Law!

Status
Not open for further replies.
(Sorry if this took long, I had a lot to read and it takes me almost as long to compile my thoughts, and then when I was about to post, Pokebeach turned an error page and ate my reply; had to recreate it)

Firstly, I would have to agree that the Phoenix reveal by Celever was ridiculous and definitely not warranted. I do, however, understand that it was likely done out of frustration and a sense of emotional satisfaction, which Celever is prone to doing based on previous games. I might be too late to comment on this since it seems to have been settled somewhat, but if we are to try to see the glass half-full in this situation, it would mean that simsands/Phoenix can possibly be protected by a doctor. Really, that's all I can think of.

But I would be willing to note this down as a Celever outburst borne out of frustration, which I recall he's done as both scum and town. So he's currently neutral to me.

For now, I would like to put my thoughts on KX's role claim. Earlier, I said that TGK's role claim fit well as a safe claim (before he got lynched and flipped the role he claimed). But somehow, KX's claim is better (?) than TGK's was. Here are the points I could see:

1) The character, April May, is definitely not an innocent and good person. Heck, the flavor states so. There are so many definitely good and innocent characters in the game. Why the need to have her and be 'reformed'? The need to specify that she's turned good only makes it sound more suspicious to me. Like it's trying to emphasize that and trying too hard? The names of her abilities and evidence don't sound 'lawful' either. And unlike with TGK's claim where the character is undeniably good, KX's claim/character could as easily be written with a flavor with the opposite alignment. It's just as easy to say that she's still in the bad side (and therefore scum), isn't it?

2) The Suspect check list, as has been repeated several times already, could possibly be the way scum caught the indie. While it's also been proposed that KX posted the list to appear town, I could think of another possibility. Recall that yesterday, TGK posted his role claim, but couldn't get the wagon off him and was 3/4s of the way to being lynched, when KX posted his list. Seemingly, it was there to push the players still hesitating to finally vote TGK, since his role claim was in the list. But what if that was on purpose? It would have been easy to replace/insert TGK's role claim in there, since he had already claimed way before the list was posted. That would then seem like an act of scum trying to hasten a wagon on a town player.

3) The wiretappers needs no explanation on how -easily- it can be a scum cover role.

I'd vote KX, but the last host post puts him at L-3; I don't want to vote and risk a scum hammer, so I'll hold my vote, and get to post and discuss more, especially now that I'm done with my pending work and would be available more tomorrow and the day after. But he's my current lynch candidate.

As for PikaMasterJesi, I see her as newbie town. Sure, she panicked upon the first sign of direct pressure, but I think that is -supposed to be the normal- reaction of a new player. Frankly, I'd be more suspicious if she's calm, since that could be a sign of being coached, and she would instead be newbie scum in my eyes. I understand that new players tend to want to remain in the game for long, and she was probably just shocked/terrified of bbninjas' pressure, having already seen how even just pressure/case from one player can snowball into a wagon and a lynch.

@EVERYBODY , have I missed something?
Yes.

Camo ALWAYS goes after Celever. If he didn't, that would be scummy, and Camo's way too smart a player for that.
Camo goes after Celever, but doesn't actually try to get them lynched. If you read the QT where Celever and Camo were scumbuddies (in the Harry Potter game) you would notice that they had to fight and disagree on everything. Not try to get the other lynched.

You know, I'm really curious as to how you know this. I've been keeping track of what Camo actually gets into the thread and he hasn't gone after Celever AFAIK.
Ah, yes he has. I don't know what thread you are reading.

He's actually entirely stopped pursuing you.
He's dead now lol, and both of us (Celever, bb) have been so vocal that Camo pushing Celever more will make Celever look townier.

Especially when, in my only other game as scum on this site, me and Camo were on the same team and intentionally didn't fight (Harry Potter).
lol, both thinking of the same thing. xD

You're pretty much on my hit list tomorrow, because I think you're really scummy lol. I'm half tempted to make a case on you now because there's a lot of evidence I could piece together to indict you and a part of me thinks you're better than Xerneas, but I think switching momentum from one to the other is too tough a feat at this point.
Don't bother making a case on Jabber.

@Reinforce ; you may as well vote King X. Apart from nothing else productive likely going to happen, Celever is also tied with King X for lynch iirc, so putting King X in the lead would be helpful in case something dodgy happens.

So what would Camo stopping pushing Celever make Celever look?
Depends on the context. There are situations where it looks townie and situations were it looks scummy. But in this situation, Camo only stopped pushing for Celever after he was revealed as scum. After being revealed scum, Camo goes into a WIFOM/confusion/make-a-mess stage when he feels like it, so anything he says or does is basically worthless after that.

But yes, if Godot is the same person as the ability then it would make sense for that person to reveal. Scum wouldn't waste their time killing them knowing that they're about to die.

Godot should reveal.

Could you explain your thoughts behind this post?

Godot's already dead, so I think it isn't relevant anymore, but at the same time it's also kinda relevant. Relevant as in figuring out SS's logic, and irrelevant as in Godot/Diego is dead.

Finally get a chance to post!!!
I've just read back over everything I've missed (including KX's claim)

His entire claim is one big safe claim. Though that has already been stated.

I think @thegrovylekid you need to let this camo / celever stuff go. Camo's dead and flipped scum, so if I were in your position id be ignoring every single comment he makes, and that goes for everyone who is anti town in the dead chat. He's dead so it doesn't matter that he's not pushing celeve? Try focus on the land of the living please.

I'm starting to agree with Bb, celever is looking very townie atm,
And his reveal of Phoenix was not a bad move as others have suggested.

TGK made the comment and celever picked it up, what's to say scum didn't pick it up? It was actually pretty wise to make sure everyone picked it up in case scum decide to kill him tonight.

So yeah at this point in the day KX may as well be lynched.

Well looks like my flip at the end of the day will be quite the shock. I would vote Celever to try to save myself, but he's probably town and it would only make me look worse.

Because my role isn't a safe-claim and arguably the worst role to have when you're on the chopping block since even I was aware of how scummy it looked when I subbed in.

The little tidbit about Jabber's play style changing was interesting, I'd like to see a bigger case on him. I'm still skeptical of Jesi though and would like to see her defense.

Well looks like my flip at the end of the day will be quite the shock.
This feels like it might be a quick attempt to get votes off of him, but I have seen someone do the same thing and turn out town. (That was PP in Dimensional Shift.)
But all in all, the absolute confidence of this post makes it feel a bit more scummy than town.
I'm still skeptical of Jesi though and would like to see her defense.
She defended a while ago.

The little tidbit about Jabber's play style changing was interesting, I'd like to see a bigger case on him. I'm still skeptical of Jesi though and would like to see her defense.
Jabber is town. If you think Jesi should be lynched, you need to pressure her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back