Rowlet, Litten, Popplio from the Alola Region!

That owl is so damn cute, and look, we were right about the sun Lion. Appearance seems much less 'cartoony' than ORAS, with an emphasis on toned-down, earthy colours?

The music... It's awesome. The starters seem OK, and the game is beautiful. But man I need a better look at the legendaries, mainly the moon one. Also, that region name is awesome.
The remixed music...
It fills you with determination.

EDIT: I looked at the legendaries, and right now, I'm leaning towards Sun. The bat is okay, but the lion is epic. I'm also a Leo, so that's cool. As for the starters, I really want to like Litten, but it looks grumpy. I was hoping this year I would like the fire starter, like I did with XY, but I immediately when to Froakie when I saw their final evolutions. So, as of right now, Rowlet and Popplio are my picks.

Last edited:
A region based on freakin' HAWAII!!!

A CAT STARTER POKEMON!!! #TeamLitten

NOVEMBER 18TH! GET HYPE!

I'm curious about why they didn't show the entirety of the Alola region in this trailer. It definitely seems like they're up to something in this game.

Also, Solgaleo and Lunaala seem to be real.

Wow, finally! :D
I really like Litten, the Fire Cat. But Popplio, the Seal Pokémon, was adorable, too.

After watching this clip, I know I will start with Sun, because of the amazing Solgaleo. (And I am a Leo, myself, too...! :rolleyes:)

And the graphics almost blew me away. These games will probably be my all-time favourites.

Cool starters, but the legendaries look like Digimon or something... don't know, I need to watch them some more.

All the starters are adorable in their own right.

And finally, we got the second dual type base form starter, Rowlet!

Popplio is really cute too, looks like a cross between Oshawott and Gomamon. XD

There's a second trailer. It's a live-action one which features a boy getting the game while living in Hawaii (the inspiration for the region). It's here:
From what I can see in the trailer:
  • There's eight skin color options, with two of them having blonde hair.
  • That you start on an island that may be one of many.
Not much new but still some information.

Now for my opinion; I'm still deciding between choosing Rowlet or Litten but I'll wait until I see their evolutions. Also, I think that Popplio suffers from "Chespin Syndrome" in that it's not the best design but after watching the trailer a couple times already, it's grown on me so its still in the running.

As for the legendaries, I want the lion. The bat is okay but the lion just looks so cool.

Last edited:
I am naming the bat Legendary Bruce, and every time I send him out I am screaming "I am the night!"

I didn't play the last round of games, because none of the Pokemon designs really appealed to me, but I'm definitely back on board for these guys. Rowlet is too cute!

Obviously the Fire (Dark) Panther/Kitten is amazing...

Also, i have a feeling these games are the "true" Hoehn remakes... :p

GAHHH! This has got to be the hardest starter decision I've ever had!
As for version, still #TeamSun! That second trailer clip of Solgaleo is GORGEOUS!
Totally naming him Luke when I get him. ;D

Also, that platform the trainer runs across in the first video looks a lot like a platform from Ranger: Guardian Signs.

Back