Finished Werewolf XXXIII: Order in the Court!- Congratulations Law!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did simsands say this? :eek:
Uhh, what? I've been staying away from most of the lynches that have popped up today. The only ones I've showed any interest in was yours, Celever's and TGK's. I don't really see anything wrong with placing my vote on one of my scum reads after seeing such a comment, even if he was obviously being sarcastic.
^^ That post was made in response to Squirtle Squad's ^^

That quote is Jabber, isn't it?

/me goes back to elementary school reading classes

Even still, I'd like simsands to make an actual case on me. It still rubs me up the wrong way that you sprang a vote out of nowhere instigated by the quote on quote "obvious sarcasm".

The ones who seem to be standing out right now are TGK (Backpedal, avoiding questions), Jabber (Argues against RVS, defends TGK), Celever (Tunneling bbninjas) and Robin (Seems overly confident and isn't contributing much). I don't really see Robin as too scummy at this point, so I'd probably just want to keep an eye out on him for now. Out of TGK and Jabber, I would rather go for the latter right now, as his flip potentially gives information about TGK. So I'm weighing between Jabber and Celever right now, but TGK is also up there.

Ohey look what I found while I was looking back @Celever

This should be helpful for your case in whatever way.

Oh, I did want to mention that the whole misunderstanding with analysing vote counts is absolutely fine. As someone mentioned, Drac was lynched in an earlier game for analysing vote counts "too much". Of course, "too much" is a subjective, arbitrary term.

Ok I've read through as many pages as I could (skipped pages 20-33 since I'm trying to not be mod killed here). This has probably been brought up a million times, but Robin is definitely suspicious due to being a new player and not flubbering around like a newbie. I'm also wary about PMJ because if Luis can get the announcer role 3 times in a row, PMJ could be scum 3 games in a row, but it's probably just pointless paranoia. I also have an interesting/possibly useless night 0 ability that I'll share momentarily.

Passive Ability: Suspect Check

During night 0, you will receive a list of 5 role names. At least one of those names is a safe claim.
These were the results Cypher got N0

I have reason for you to suspect at least one of these 5 people:

1. Richard Gumshoe

2. The Judge

3. Wendy Oldbag

4. Mia Fey

5. Peal Fey"

Do what you may with this. As you can see TGK's role is on my suspect list, so there's that.

Probably shouldn't have claimed that so early considering you're normally not a popular nightkill.

Does anyone who knows Phoenix Wright be able to give a list + commentary on which is most likely to be in this game based on importance?

FYI because I REALLY hate my life right now, I am asking to be subbed out so that town doesn't lose another important number. Again I am sorry for being inactive, but excuses only go so far when real life takes up so much of your time etc, to not play a game that you promised to be committed to.

Probably shouldn't have claimed that so early considering you're normally not a popular nightkill.

Does anyone who knows Phoenix Wright be able to give a list + commentary on which is most likely to be in this game based on importance?
If Mia is in the game and is TGK's claim, then we can near guarantee Pearl (who was typoed to Peal most likely; Peal Fey doesn't exist). If TGK isn't Mia, then we have at least one of the safeclaims on that list.

Wendy Oldbag is the most random of the five choices; the other four have a lot of plot significance.

Well last time I played I was a bomb so I couldn't be night-killed, but that aside like I said the ability doesn't really do much besides confirm a few characters being present and that one or more of these characters is a safe-claim. That and I might as well get this out before I'm taken out.

FYI because I REALLY hate my life right now, I am asking to be subbed out so that town doesn't lose another important number. Again I am sorry for being inactive, but excuses only go so far when real life takes up so much of your time etc, to not play a game that you promised to be committed to.
#inb4subout and taken out of context
What I mean by "town doesn't lose another important number" is that games ago someone said that every town member is important, as it prevents scum from winning one member sooner.

You should have stayed quiet.

##unvote

##vote thegrovylekid

I can do a quik list on who is likely to be a character in this game, Ace Attorney has an incredible amount of non minor characters though:

- Phoenix Wright (The main character in all its games)
- Miles Edgeworth (The rival in almost every game and has its own spin-of games, 100% to be included)
- Mia Fey (Phoenix Wright's mentor and also a main attorney in Trials and Tribulations)
- Maya Fey (Phoenix Wright's assistant and also has been a suspect in multiple cases)
- Richard Gumshoe (The clumsy and humoristic detective that has a non important role in a lot of cases and is also seen in the Investigations spin-of)
- Franziska von Karma (The main prosecutor in Justice for All)
- Godot (The main prosecutor in Trials and Tribulations and eventually the plot revolves around him)
- Larry Butz (Phoenix Wright's best childhood friend, also the idiot that always needs to be saved)
- The Judge (Always the same old dude and is seen in every case)

These I'm certain are included in this game. Here are other characters that might've been included as well:

- Pearl Fey
- Manfred Von karma
- Ema Skye
- Dahlia Hawthorne
- Matt Engarde
- Damon Gant

The characters chosen for this werewolf game might very well be limited to the first Ace Attorney triology. There has been no sign yet from characters out of Dual Destinies and Apollo's Justice. If anyone can give a confirmation wether they're a character from either game, please do. Here's a list on important characters from these games:

- Apollo Justice
- Athena Cykes
- Bobby Fullbright
- Trucy Wright
- Simon blackquill
- Kristoph Gavin
- Klavier Gavin

Investigations:

- Kay Faraday
- Gregory Edgeworth

##UNVOTE

This may be a foolish thought, but I don't think we should lynch anyone today. There has been no conclusive material. Mostly just a lot of scumtalk. I don't want to be part of bandwagening TGK anymore. We just can't afford to lose a townsfolk today, and it's not something unlikely to happen. I guess wolfs will still cast their vote, but I don't want my first lynch ever to be on an innocent player. I'm not completely excluding myself from voting though. For now I think this is the right thing to do. And I encourage other townsfolk to do this as well.

No lynch isn't an option. Someone is dying today.

...right? Hosts confirm?

Logically someone will die today because no way will everyone unvote. There will be someone being stubborn or an inactive or something. Only way someone is not dying is by role interaction.

^^ That post was made in response to Squirtle Squad's ^^

That quote is Jabber, isn't it?

/me goes back to elementary school reading classes

Even still, I'd like simsands to make an actual case on me. It still rubs me up the wrong way that you sprang a vote out of nowhere instigated by the quote on quote "obvious sarcasm".

Don't worry Celever, I'll probably get back to you. In case you missed it, I mentioned some stuff earlier that made me think you were a good lynch candidate, but then the whole TGK business happened. I do think he's a better lynch right now.

No Lynch is not an option. Both EM and morda have requested subs, so we're looking for subs.

They will be mod-killed by the end of day 2 if we don't get subs, however. So tell your friends to play!

Last edited:
To all the people who've tagged me, um, I'm pretty sure I informed the hosts that I was off on a long work trip and I've only now just settled.

Though, I've now read 3/4 through the posts of the past few days, but I'll post on the current flow of discussion for now.

I think KX's reveal wasn't that bad. It's minor info, though it's more useful later on. The good thing about it is, assuming it's not a safe claim or fake info, the ability and results doesn't really point toward any specific character that even I, knowing the franchise, can't pinpoint. Suspect Check is so generic-sounding, and the only hint that I can glean from it is that it's probably someone from law enforcement. Which this game/canon has an abundance of. So, in retrospect, it's an info reveal without him showing all his cards, and that's very ideal for Day 1, when we don't want everybody revealing/hinting their character, which is a benefit to scum more than town.

Which brings me to:

The characters chosen for this werewolf game might very well be limited to the first Ace Attorney triology. There has been no sign yet from characters out of Dual Destinies and Apollo's Justice. If anyone can give a confirmation wether they're a character from either game, please do.

No, that is a dangerous thing to do Day 1 (or on any day really). Claiming, even hinting at what our characters can do, is just letting scum know who they should go after (like power roles). The exceptions that I'd recall is when we have the numbers advantage over the scum, or if we're down to looking to the last scum member, who would be flushed out by their role turning out to be a lie or unable to be proven. But at this point when everybody is still here, this is not what we should do. Werewolf XXVIII/bbninjas and Camo's game, where the scum won, shows it if you take the time to read it.

This may be a foolish thought, but I don't think we should lynch anyone today. There has been no conclusive material. Mostly just a lot of scumtalk. I don't want to be part of bandwagening TGK anymore. We just can't afford to lose a townsfolk today, and it's not something unlikely to happen. I guess wolfs will still cast their vote, but I don't want my first lynch ever to be on an innocent player. I'm not completely excluding myself from voting though. For now I think this is the right thing to do. And I encourage other townsfolk to do this as well.

That's an understandable line of thought, and it's common for new players actually (and people who are for No Lynch). But the argument I've seen against that is, playing passively is NOT going to win the game your side. Because that means you're basically just sitting back and hoping that the scum will slip in front of you? Do you think that's going to happen every game?

Yes, there is a risk you're going to lynch town. Yes, you might -actually- make a mistake and lynch a town. But that's what reality and statistic will both tell you: You're never going to play this game perfectly. Even with all the abilities we have to try to figure out who's scum or not, we are limited by time (lynching one person a day) and luck (which persons are targeted). That's why you'll have to accept that the risk of lynching a town will always be there. What makes us town win in that scenario then, is by compensating for the lost town member through information gained from the lynch and analyzing posts/connections of the lynched player. If you're scared of lynching a town player, if you're scared of risk, if you're scared of making a mistake, you would be a town member wasting the power and benefit of the lynch. The lynch is the only way we have to kill a scum, remember?

I'm not forcing you if you retract and don't want to exercise your power to vote, but do give it some thought with what I said in mind.

Back to the game:

TGK's claim is suspect, tbh. Mason claims are the easiest cover-ups for having scum chats/partners. And the rest of the abilities can't be proven unless he dies? That's common for safe claims because the scum would have a way to avoid "prove your role/ability to prove your claim" tactic for interrogation. Even if his mason partners revealed today, I still would doubt the claim. It's a different story if the claim is proven upon death/role flip though. As far as D1 lynches go, this is good, especially since, if his claim turns out genuine, it won't turn out to be a complete loss. The other lynch candidates seem more of D1 reactions taken out of context/exaggerated to me upon first look, but that might change upon more in-depth analysis. I would place my vote on TGK, but I'll hold on so we can get the rest of the Day for more discussion. This being my first post, I wouldn't mind that, if more detailed opinions are asked of me.

@Reinforce If I may ask, could you give me a summary on what happened in Werewolf game XXVIII? I dunno about the roles. I'm not asking anyone what their character can do or even who it is. I'm curious wether there are any characters from the games Dual Destinies / Apollo Justice, This way we can narrow the list of possible characters. Which at some point may be useful for the town to unravel mason groups. scum will always want to lynch someone that is not one of them, it's not hard for them to pick someone innocent because we are the mayority. Is knowing the identity of a townsfolk going to make much of a difference to that? Well I'm not so sure either if a character list will do good, because of my lack of expierence. But I don't see much harm, even the judge can be scum and we still have no idea how their evidence and ability will work.

And I think you guys are right about not voting, if there has to be a lynch it's still better be based on something. But I'll probably hold on to my vote for a while too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back