New 'Premium Champion' Set, Blastoise Mega Battle Special Pack!

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
I'd say it's more likely a ton of reprints as a result of the XY series winding up, so they can continue to be used in Standard (and also ease of obtaining), like Legendary Treasures did for BW.

Unfortunately, I can see that possibility too. And I really hope it's not the case because the format will just remain the same unless specific counters are printed to specific cards.

Clear

Birb is the Word
(sigh) I can only hope for this set to not come stateside and ruin standard for the next 20,000 years. (If you get what I referencing, you get a cookie)
The fact that Wobb BREAK is coming in that Special BREAK box gives me hope, it tells me they might shove Beedrill up in some set and we can avoid this ENTIRE set.

bugcatlcherRiley

BugCatcherRiley
I'm actually pretty excited to make my mega beedrill/floette/dragalgae deck. with revitalizer being a thing, you could, if need be, battle comp. beedrill and mega into discard, use revitalizer, put beedrill on bench, attach energy, use max potion, play fgp, evolve with a spirit link on it, retreat whatever is in the active and you're opponent is instantly rekt. i know it required a god hand, but it isn't impossible .

Why dragalge if M Beedrill paralyzed the active? Seems like Garb would be a better option to stop rush in stuff., since the active can't retreat already.

TheLunaticHypno

Just your average Hypno fan
Why dragalge if M Beedrill paralyzed the active? Seems like Garb would be a better option to stop rush in stuff., since the active can't retreat already.
We use dragalgea because Beedrill poisons the opponents active pokemon. Would could use super scoop up, or have a Zoroark of our own, if I decide to run that, down the road.

Javi Blizz

Spanish TCG Player
We use dragalgea because Beedrill poisons the opponents active pokemon. Would could use super scoop up, or have a Zoroark of our own, if I decide to run that, down the road.

But the paralyzed condition don't let you to retreat. So having Dragalge in the same deck is useless.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
What I don't get is why Pokemon seems to be so intent on having Muscle Band (and I suppose Hard Charm and Megaphone) rotate out.

FFB is not really a replacement for Muscle Band, as it serves to make "Big Basics" a lot "bigger" indeed; while leaving evolution cards stuck without that +20 damage to fight that +40 HP. Without Megaphone after rotation either, discarding your opponents' FFBs will cost you a Supporter (Xerosic).

What we need now that FFB is here (and is quite dominant) is something Silver Bangle-esque. A solid +30 damage booster exclusively for non-EX Pokemon. It would help strengthen the BREAK evo mechanic too, assuming they want to keep that going for a couple of sets.

I know you could start a whole thread on this but I don't want to jump the gun without seeing Cruel Traitor / Explosive Fighter (XY11). In the mean time though this really does puzzle me... PCL... y u hate non-EXes?

Last edited:

ironcladmerc

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
If a card comes out in Japan, doesn't it have to come out worldwide? Doesn't Japan participate in the world championship? If Japan had cards that nobody else had access to at Worlds, would they be able to play them or do they go by what's available outside Japan?

yim

Aspiring Trainer
just started collecting recently with generations + a bunch of random XY boosters. took the plunge and bought 2 boxes of this set. the fact they were all holos hooked me :p

BlazingMonkey

Aspiring Trainer
They reprinted primal groudon but not kyogre. I mean, I guess groudon is more playable, but you can't have one without the other, it's just wrong.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
If a card comes out in Japan, doesn't it have to come out worldwide? Doesn't Japan participate in the world championship? If Japan had cards that nobody else had access to at Worlds, would they be able to play them or do they go by what's available outside Japan?

No. Japan follows the international rotation format when they play in international events. If a card is printed in Japan and not elsewhere, Japanese players are only allowed to use those cards in Japanese events.

Leo Li

Aspiring Trainer
even tho night march is going to be reprinted, (and vespiquen- Gosh darn it!), I think that this would be a cool thing to come here, because it could help people get a lot of good cards for the meta and really help start up good decks or a collection, so you don't have to spend $10 on a vs seeker... or good money for a mega manectric

SHAYMIN EX REPRINT!!!! if this hits our country everyone goes cray cray over it...
i just realized

Last edited by a moderator: