New 'Premium Champion' Set, Blastoise Mega Battle Special Pack!

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Just because we MIGHT get a reprint of Shaymin EX doesn't mean it's value will go down if it maintains the same kind of rarity as the Roaring Skies version. It just means it's yet another Shaymin EX that is hard to find. In fact this set would have more EX's than Roaring Skies and might be even harder to get a hold of than the Roaring Skies version.

And again I repeat it would be all but pointless to release this worldwide when there are only four new cards, one of which is already slated to be released in the next BREAK box and the other three of which are easily slipped into our August set or a box of its own.

Altaria Ego

Aspiring Trainer
For the love of Arceus please let this stay in Japan all this isn't helping the format or introducing anything worthwhile all it does is prolong the disease that currently plagues the format. We need fresh new ideas and exciting new strategies and with pokemon introducing BREAKs you'd think that they'd want to break free from the stale meta. Nope guess that was my mistake and wishful thinking.

rocket_miu

Aspiring Trainer
So... They are reprinting all the cards in the meta?

Also, why night march? I think the meta could evolve more without them. Or it could just be a bunch of yvetal and manectric decks.

cardgjammer

Aspiring Trainer
Just because we MIGHT get a reprint of Shaymin EX doesn't mean it's value will go down if it maintains the same kind of rarity as the Roaring Skies version. It just means it's yet another Shaymin EX that is hard to find. In fact this set would have more EX's than Roaring Skies and might be even harder to get a hold of than the Roaring Skies version.

And again I repeat it would be all but pointless to release this worldwide when there are only four new cards, one of which is already slated to be released in the next BREAK box and the other three of which are easily slipped into our August set or a box of its own.

Yeah, but if the next main Jap expansion(FB Fighter/Cruel Traitor) is planned to be the last one of the XY-BREAK era, and the one after that, the S/M Base set, is slated to release in Japan in December, as the gap between the last previous-gen set and the first set of a new gen is typically 5 months, this set could be released in NA as the final main set of their XY-BREAK block, likely in November, while Europe will get the shaft like they did when LTR came out in NA, and not in Europe(meaning if Europeans wanted LTR(and maybe PCS) cards, they had to import them from NA), oddly to say... But as you said, it has no new cards that are already planned for release, so it's a pointless set... Then again, if XY12 is announced for September, then there's a chance that a NA set skip will occur... So for those of you who don't want this, keep your eyes peeled for XY12, and if it is not announced for release in Japan by September, then you might want to panic, but remember, when a new gen of TCG is activated, cards from the last gen have 3 more P!P seasons, including the season their set is released in, before they possibly go out of rotation for good, as last-gen cards typically don't get reprinted after the focus moves on to another region and era... So if you don't like a card, if the end of an era comes, either deal with it, or if you can't stand the heat, wait two more years, or 3 P!P seasons, and keep a watch on TPCi in case they wish to break the pattern and release an old card... Your choice...

Last edited:

gracebond

Aspiring Trainer
I think we won't get these reprints here in the states. Seriously, look at this way. There are four new cards in this set; FOUR. Wobbuffet BREAK has already been slated for the second BREAK box. http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/03/second-break-evolution-box-in-july-featuring-lugia-and-ho-oh

That leaves three new cards. They don't have full arts, just the spirit link and the two megas themselves. They can easily be thrown into one of our sets like Audino/M. Audino will be in Fates Collide. Or they can be a box product a la Metagross/Absol/Aerodactyl/Mawile.

There is no need to devote an entire set to 99% reprints here unless it's to stall for time. And how well will it go over? Just look at the abysmal Base Set 2. Why do we need this? Unless this mirror pattern is really that good, then it might be accepted better like Legendary Collection was, but that seems to be debateable. If they're exact reprints then there is no reason for anyone to go after them if one already has the original run of the cards. It'd be just a waste of everything.

My two cents worth.

I think this has the most merit of anything, and I'm surprised so few point it out. We already have one of the FOUR new cards slated to be a promo outside of Japan. So most likely we will get a M Beedrill Box like the Aerodactyl/Mawile ones of late with Spirit Links. Or it could be added to a set.

Furthermore, it seems unlikely we will get a set that is all reverse foil. And this set just came out in Japan, and doesn't correlate to any set we have heard of yet. It wouldn't make sense for these cards to come out in Japan in April, and us get the set in November.

I really think that this is just another product for Japan that eases the burden of obtaining important meta cards for players.

silversalamence10

Top Hat Regulator
I also don't see this set releasing outside of Japan either. I mean there's only 4 new cards, one of which we're getting as a promo in the near future, the other 3 can easily be tossed into August's set.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I really think that this is just another product for Japan that eases the burden of obtaining important meta cards for players.

Ironically this is the one reason why I would ALMOST say this is why it would be great here in America, at least if I truly thought this would help get us much needed meta cards.

But consider players who want 'easier' access to Shaymin EX. They want one of out of 27 possible EX's in this set, and what are the odds that someone will pull that out of the entire set if they can't pull it out of Roaring Skies with 11 EX Pokemon, ignoring the fact that there are more than just EX's in this set. This isn't going to make Shaymin EX cheaper, it's going to at least change nothing or make it more expensive. The only way we'll ever have a 'cheaper' Shaymin EX is in a tin release and we all know that won't happen.

gracebond

Aspiring Trainer
Ironically this is the one reason why I would ALMOST say this is why it would be great here in America, at least if I truly thought this would help get us much needed meta cards.

But consider players who want 'easier' access to Shaymin EX. They want one of out of 27 possible EX's in this set, and what are the odds that someone will pull that out of the entire set if they can't pull it out of Roaring Skies with 11 EX Pokemon, ignoring the fact that there are more than just EX's in this set. This isn't going to make Shaymin EX cheaper, it's going to at least change nothing or make it more expensive. The only way we'll ever have a 'cheaper' Shaymin EX is in a tin release and we all know that won't happen.

I don't think this would make it cheaper by any means, ROS Shaymins and FA ROS Shaymins would still be high money. Now keep in mind however that PCS has no set rarity, so you can pull a pretty crazy pack including multiple EXs (potentially I haven't opened any so I don't know). However, Japan has in the past released deck building kits with major meta kits that pretty much set those players up for their competitive play.

Part of me goes "Yeah easier access than 3rd Party for strong cards!" and the other side goes "I still want opening a pack to feel good, not be just another meta card I don't need."

Ms Hugo

Aspiring Trainer
Considering the sheer amount of reprints in this set, I'm starting to think this is a way for players to get cards to use when Expanded becomes XY-on.

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
There are reasons why I now think this set is unlikely to be reprinted outside of Japan:

1. Only 4 new cards are in this set. Making a huge set like this of reprints with the same art just doesn't sound like something they'd do, and the 4 cards could easily be made into promos.
2. The way rotation works, by having this set made here, there might as well be no rotation at all. I mean, in a BW rotation, Eels, Klinklang, etc, were lost as a part of refreshing the meta. i.e.: At least something gets lost that was really meta-changing. After this set, what cards do we end up losing PRC-On? Let me think... Target Whistle? Aegislash-EX? Sacred Ash? Trick Shovel? Malamar-EX? Not that many meta-Defining cards get removed, compared to past rotations.
3. The way this set was designed, it is more for accessibility of cards than their longevity. The fact that each card in this set has the same pull rate tells me that the cards are mainly for actual players, and all the collectors get are shininess. Japan's format rotates very slowly, too: There, it might be 3-4 years until the whole XY block gets rotated, so to those players, this set would have less rotation problems...

I seriously cross my fingers for this: Night March really needs to be booted out of this rotation. >_>

Pikachu6319

Scooby
Lanstar, as I've already pointed out one of those four cards are already being made into a promo. Wobbuffet BREAK will be given internationally in the new BREAK box with Ho-oh BREAK. That makes the M. Beedrill stuff not placed anywhere which can either be placed into the August set or done as a box product like we've had since the M. Aerodactyl box.

I'd already as much agreed that this wouldn't make something like Shaymin EX any cheaper. Granted, I hadn't considered that these have no rarities in Japan. I bet that would change if released in America, which I still think would be a foolish move. With any luck this won't hit the states and it won't matter.

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
People are saying that Shaymin reprint is or isn't going to make it expensive. Well, here's the gist of it: Shaymin-EX will become cheaper, and here's why, there will be more out there, so they will be easier to obtain, and another way that it makes it easier to obtain is that since the next one will be new, and with constant people buying the set, and pulling them, there will be SO many people trying to actually sell theirs, thus cheapening the prices to nearly guarantee the sail. That non the less, means it will be easier to pull, just easier to obtain. And just another thing, when a bunch of people have extras, they will just trade them off, and with SO many people (Mainly the hardcore players) already having them, there's another way to sell them. And with N FA, and SR Ultra Ball being staples that were cheap at the time of release, just imagine what Shaymin-EX FA will become in a year or two. Especially with the skyrocket price that happened, in I believe was August?

Connor Ritter

TCG Player
Advanced Member
I really hope this set is Japan exclusive. It's 80% competitively powerful cards which is great for accessibility to these cards, but awful for keeping the format fresh. I'd much rather forgo this as an international release if it means things actually rotating out. The original cards like Beedrill-EX and Wobbuffet BREAK could easily be slipped into a future set.

The perfect scenario is the reprints gets release as a rotation exempt set so all the cards rotate with their last known printings and the original cards get added to a future set. We get the card accessibility and the format stays fresh. I can dream.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Considering the sheer amount of reprints in this set, I'm starting to think this is a way for players to get cards to use when Expanded becomes XY-on.
I'd say it's more likely a ton of reprints as a result of the XY series winding up, so they can continue to be used in Standard (and also ease of obtaining), like Legendary Treasures did for BW.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
"Hey, Jimmy, you know how people are complaining that Night March is too fast?"
"Yeah, Bobby, I do. We've got this reprint set coming up."
"I know! Let's reprint the Night March pieces and Battle Compressor! But We'll also reprint Seismitoad-EX and Trevenant so people have options against them!"
"GENIUS!"

RiverShock

Aspiring Trainer
Great... Trainer's Mail, Battle Compressor and Shaymin-EX. The three cards I was most glad to be eventually leaving the format.

Reprint like every even REMOTELY relevant card from the last few years is a horrible set idea for gameplay reasons. Hopefully they skip it outside Japan, and only reprint key cards like Delphox that have a reason to remain in the format. We don't need another year or more of Night March and Seismitoad.