Pokemon League Schedule Hinting at Fall 'Z' Game?

Arneboy11

A Mega Absol Trainer!
Advanced Member
With if 'New Friends' is referring to Pokémon GO? About going out and making new friends by playing together with Pokémon?
#HopingForReleaseDateNews :D

Lostlorn Forest

Alola is the best region
I'll never understand fans hyping up Pokemon Z. It'll just be an X and Y but with only 30% more content. And that will push back Gen 7 another two years possibly. I'd really just have Gen 7 now, ORAS was a poor game and I think we've been with Kalos for too long now.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
I'll never understand fans hyping up Pokemon Z. It'll just be an X and Y but with only 30% more content. And that will push back Gen 7 another two years possibly. I'd really just have Gen 7 now, ORAS was a poor game and I think we've been with Kalos for too long now.

I think a good amount of people who are "hyping up" Z are doing so at least in part because they see it as a necessary stepping stone before Gen 7. While it's certainly possible that they'll decide to skip the 3rd game and go straight in the next generation, every generation in the past has had a 3rd game/sequel associated with it (Yellow, Crystal, Emerald, Platinum, BW2), so it's reasonable to expect that 6th Gen will be the same way. By that standard, the sooner we get Gen 6, the sooner Gen 7 will come.

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
"New friends" to me sounds cutesy enough to refer to Pokeyuun / Radiant Collection 2.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

Say what? That's precisely why I want a pokémon Z. After the disappointing post-game of XY, and the mysteries still unsolved in this gen, Z needs to happen to clarity everything and we finally get a Kalos game with something to do/be entertained for much longer...
Not to mention, if they're going for the Gen 6.5 thing, Z will have much more new content than previous 3rd versions (as in, new pokémon)...
I would personally consider GF skipping to Gen 7 a big middle finger... They can't just reveal Zygarde's new forms and then have them only available in a gen 7 game... which will most likely be made for a new console and I definitely won't buy a new console just for that...

Last edited:

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
If not Z, then most likely something else. We definitely know a new game is coming soon. League tends to hint at that, but I am honestly hoping we get better promos and VG Support at that point because this set of league season's only winning aspect is that it's hinting at something.

Swamp-Marsh-Mud

Aspiring Trainer
Say what? That's precisely why I want a pokémon Z. After the disappointing post-game of XY, and the mysteries still unsolved in this gen, Z needs to happen to clarity everything and we finally get a Kalos game with something to do/be entertained for much longer...
Not to mention, if they're going for the Gen 6.5 thing, Z will have much more new content than previous 3rd versions (as in, new pokémon)...
I would personally consider GF skipping to Gen 7 a big middle finger... They can't just reveal Zygarde's new forms and then have them only available in a gen 7 game... which will most likely be made for a new console and I definitely won't buy a new console just for that...

So I have a question for you (and people like you) who want Pokemon Z. Would you also be happy with something like a prequel/sequel to Kalos (like how BW2 is a sequel to BW in terms of Unova)? Something that is not 90% XY + some more content (which Pokemon Z is if it would be similar like Pokemon Emerald or Pokemon Platinum)?

I'm asking this because I think if Gamefreak made something like Z (something 90% the same as XY), that would be kind of cash grabby from Gamefreak in my opinion. Especially in this day and age and because they did a sequel before (BW2).

I mean, I may be a hypocrite because I did enjoy Yellow, Emerald (the Hoenn games are my favorite main series Pokemon games) and Platinum (never played Crystal sadly) even though I already bought the first versions. But after BW2, I'm just hoping they will be creative and give us a new adventure in Kalos in form of a Prequel/Sequel. Whether it's called Z or X2Y2 or something doesn't matter to me. As long as it is something new.

Casty

Aspiring Trainer
I'm asking this because I think if Gamefreak made something like Z (something 90% the same as XY), that would be kind of cash grabby from Gamefreak in my opinion. Especially in this day and age and because they did a sequel before (BW2).
Sorry, but - what?

BW2 WAS the third version of gen 5 except they decided to split it in two to milk more cash from die hard fans. I thought that much was obvious. In that sense no, I'd prefer if they went with a single game like Emerald or Platinum. More cash left in my pocket.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
So I have a question for you (and people like you) who want Pokemon Z. Would you also be happy with something like a prequel/sequel to Kalos (like how BW2 is a sequel to BW in terms of Unova)?

Yes. I would actually prefer something more like BW2. Although:
Sorry, but - what?

BW2 WAS the third version of gen 5 except they decided to split it in two to milk more cash from die hard fans. I thought that much was obvious. In that sense no, I'd prefer if they went with a single game like Emerald or Platinum. More cash left in my pocket.
^This.
I don't care if the game is a 3rd version like Emerald, Platinum, a sequel (like B2W2), or even a prequel. The only thing i want is another game (yes, a single one but with changes like the ones made in BW2) to finnish Gen 6 properly, one that includes the core aspects from the first pair and expands. Meaning, the same region, Kalos, but with some changes. The same starters (with the possibilty for Megas). Also, the Kanto starters and legendary birds too so I could get the 3rd member I didn't get in X and Y. Preferably, a new story would be cool (like BW2, either a sequel or a prequel) but is not an absolute requirement to me. Zygarde and all its formes. AZ's Floette made available and all the misteries solved. And finally, Post-game content!
The reason why I like Platinum and BW2 much more than the initial pairs is the ton of stuff they put in those games so we can still have fun and something to do after the main story. Pratical things like Join Avenue with those training shops, the World Tournament or a Battle Frontier (although I'd prefer something more like Black Tower/White Treehollow so you can get experience), new areas to explore, and a reliable way to rebattle Gym leaders and the E4, like Platinum did. Or a place like the stadiums in BW/BW2 where trainers have high leveled pokémon. I just want all that in a gen 6 game.

Last edited:

TheUltimateAbsol

Truth or Ideals? It's all Black and White to me
I was hoping for a gen 6.5
Where they have a competely new region based in England, but tell the OTHER side of the Kalos war

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Except that's out now.

I know, but Generations packs will be selling in the mythical boxes until December... idk. It was a stretch. If they need filler, this entire year is "the Year of Pokémon" so they can pull anything really.

Truth is of course, we don't know. In the end it could be nothing at all (which was almost the subject of a long essay / rant I was in the middle of writing but stopped because I gotta study for exams haha)

Swamp-Marsh-Mud

Aspiring Trainer
Sorry, but - what?

But BW2 was a sequel. Different protagonist, and you get to see Unova 2 years after the events of BW. As someone who enjoys the main games of Pokemon (and one of the top reasons if not the main reason why I buy the main series Pokemon games), I really appreciated this.

And you could also apply the same logic of yours to the first games of each generation. Why 2 games instead of 1 game? The reason that has been given is that in entices people to trade. You don't have to buy both versions because each version of a duo is basically the same game and trading with people that own the other version gives you the complete experience (unless you really care about the few things that only the other version has). Whether you believe that reason or you think it's a stupid reason given in other for Gamefreak to get more money (because people buy both versions) is up to you.

I do want to say that I rarely have to buy both versions. Because I've always traded exclusives with people who have the other version. The only time I've bought 2 versions was with BW (and that's because I enjoyed BW's main adventure so much that I wanted to experience it again without deleting my save file on the version I already bought. Though, I wouldn't do that again I think).

And besides, if you wanted to catch all regional Pokemon without help from others in let's say Emerald, you still need Ruby. Because Emerald uses Sapphire's exclusives (minus Groudon because you can catch all 3 of the weather trio in Emerald. And the Lati duo is a special case as well as you decide which Lati you want in Emerald). So in a way, a third version is still a "buy both or trade" situation.

And they could make a prequel/sequel with just 1 version for all I care. If Z is a prequel/sequel to XY, then you don't hear me complaining. Because that's not really my point. My point is that I just want a new adventure rather then to go trough 90% the same adventure from XY. And like I said, whether they make that new adventure with just 1 version or 2 versions doesn't matter to me.

Swamp-Marsh-Mud

Aspiring Trainer
Yes. I would actually prefer something more like BW2. Although:

^This.
I don't care if the game is a 3rd version like Emerald, Platinum, a sequel (like B2W2), or even a prequel. The only thing i want is another game (yes, a single one but with changes like the ones made in BW2) to finnish Gen 6 properly, one that includes the core aspects from the first pair and expands. Meaning, the same region, Kalos, but with some changes. The same starters (with the possibilty for Megas). Also, the Kanto starters and legendary birds too so I could get the 3rd member I didn't get in X and Y. Preferably, a new story would be cool (like BW2, either a sequel or a prequel) but is not an absolute requirement to me. Zygarde and all its formes. AZ's Floette made available and all the misteries solved. And finally, Post-game content!
The reason why I like Platinum and BW2 much more than the initial pairs is the ton of stuff they put in those games so we can still have fun and something to do after the main story. Pratical things like Join Avenue with those training shops, the World Tournament or a Battle Frontier (although I'd prefer something more like Black Tower/White Treehollow so you can get experience), new areas to explore, and a reliable way to rebattle Gym leaders and the E4, like Platinum did. Or a place like the stadiums in BW/BW2 where trainers have high leveled pokémon. I just want all that in a gen 6 game.

Thanks for the detailed expatiation. I really want a Pokemon game with a lot of content as well (that's my number 1 request for the next games Gamefreak will probably make). And while I'm hoping it's not Z in a way that it is 90% the same as XY, I'm not sure if I would skip that kind of Z for that reason if it was content packed. It's really something difficult for me in that case. On 1 hand I would like Z for having that much content. On the other hand, buying that kind of Z would be me supporting Gamefreak for releasing "incomplete" games at the beginning of each generation only to sell the complete version for the same price a few years later.

But we'll see. I don't want to be all that negative (to Gamefreak).

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
I really want Z because I want gen VII to be on a different console, maybe the rumored handheld NX component. I want Pokémon, as in the main games, to evolve. I'm tired of choosing starter/beating gyms/saving the world. I don't know how Game Freak could stick to the traditional battle system and still completely revolutionize the gameplay, the overworld and the story. But after all the money and time I've put onto this franchise, I just want them to fricking find a way and do it.

I also want Z for personal and obvious reasons. :p

Flying_Emolga

>Double Team
Actually, BW2 wasn't a "cash grab" that people think it is. Compared to other third versions, it barely sold more. Of course, we're talking millions here, but people seem to think that two versions means double the profits. In actuality, all it did was SPLIT the profits between the games. In the end, I think it met with Game Freak's expectations. However, I believe Game Freak won't be attempting to do more sequels in a similar manner by releasing two versions. BW2 surely had to take up more resources. And in the end, it didn't even sell anywhere near BW. So, in essence, they did they same amount of work they did for BW (all of that additional content would equal the amount of work they put in the graphics) but ended up only making half the sales. If I were Game Freak, I would see this "We tried it but probably won't do it again" kinda thing.

To be fair, there is also the possibility that the same amount of effort that was put into BW2 is no different than any other third version. B2 and W2 share the same content for the most part, and we don't know what process Game Freak goes through creating the other version other than knowing they change a few events to make them "seem" different.

n4nOP.png

In the end, if you're going to call BW2 a "cash grab" then every Pokemon game that ISN'T a solo release is a cash grab. Until they can do more to differentiate the two titles in titular releases.

Ashkai & Pikan

I'm broken, can you fix me?
They said that Sun and Moon are going to be for the current systems, and why would they release new formes only to release them in the set of games following Sun and Moon?

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
They said that Sun and Moon are going to be for the current systems, and why would they release new formes only to release them in the set of games following Sun and Moon?

*facepalm*

I don't know where you've been for the past weeks but I think you're outdated... Have you even looked at the date of my post?