Magiana Revealed in 'CoroCoro!'

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
"Man-made Pokemon"

"Made 500 years ago"

Obvious mechanical features that appear very advanced for that time.

Everyone. I believe we have ourselves a STEAMPUNK Pokemon!

Skyleaf2000

Resident UB Enthusiast
Adding on to what SkyeVictini said...
If this Pokemon was created by mankind 500 years ago... That must be some very advanced technology to do so.
Perhaps 6.5 will introduce a small region with Atlantis-esque history?

crystal_pidgeot

Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
This looks like some Klingklang/Diancie OC character some fan made. I don't like its design. Lets see where this goes.

I Don't understand why people keep saying Gen 6,5???!!
TPCi has never split up generations....

I always though of Gen 2 as Gen 1.5

Altaria Ego

Aspiring Trainer
I'm gonna say this is definitely gonna be a 7th gen pokemon as they have been revealing new pokemon before their actually release of the game they're since pokemon began: Ho-oh, togipi, marill, donphan Kecleon, Blazikin, Munchlax and Lucario just to name a few. Though the man made aspect seems interesting and I'm looking forward to finding out more information soon.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
Adding on to what SkyeVictini said...
If this Pokemon was created by mankind 500 years ago... That must be some very advanced technology to do so.
Perhaps 6.5 will introduce a small region with Atlantis-esque history?

They took a page out of the book of Claydol and Golurk with Magiana most likely. They all were made hundreds of years ago by ancient peoples.

That's just my assumption.

Sentret_C

Aspiring Trainer
But let me remind you, it would not be the first time that a "next generation"-Pokemon was revealed before the final main-game of the "current-generation" was even announced:
Munchlax - revealed in May 2004 (more than 2 years before Diamond&Pearl)
Pokemon Emerald Version - announced June 2004 in Corocoro magazine.

So unless specific news show up that say "XY-sequels will feature a bunch of new Pokemon" I'm sticking with "just very early reveal of a Pokemon"
Well, Munchlax is neither a main character in the movie nor a mythical Pokemon. Still think Magiana will be in the very next main series games, Gen 6.5 or 7. Thanks for noticing anyway.

King Xerneas

Icy Goth
Even though I'm adamant this is another Manaphy situation, if GF is intending to do a gen 6.5, it would explain why they're taking their time in releasing the last(?) installment of gen 6, as they would theoretically be making a whole new batch of completely new Pokemon.

MegaButterfree

Old Timer
It kind of reminds me of a Fabergé egg...so, maybe they're heading east from France to Russia?
Happy to see a new Pokémon...hopefully we'll see some more soon...preferably with some visual appeal that is lacking in this one.

Purrloin

Since the release of XY, with such a small new gen, I've always felt that the third game may "complete" the dex by adding a lot of new Pokemon. Magiana will probably be a Mythical, but I think it's a good sign that there's more new Pokes to come.

Gentlefish

Hero of Truth
Recently I've been becoming more and more convinced that Z is going to be announced on the 27th (what better day to announce the next chapter, right?) and release this year. Barring "6.5," that seems almost certain now - the reveal schedule is now a mascot, a mythical AND a next-gen Pokémon ahead of the release schedule.
At the same time, 6.5 does finally start to make sense... but I personally am holding out on small generations being a new norm to slow the ridiculous growth of the Pokedex.

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Even though I'm adamant this is another Manaphy situation, if GF is intending to do a gen 6.5, it would explain why they're taking their time in releasing the last(?) installment of gen 6, as they would theoretically be making a whole new batch of completely new Pokemon.
That would be a very good reason indeed. And Masuda did state he wanted to end Gen 6 on a unique way. Yeah, I think, more than ever now, that Gen 6.5 is more than just speculation on this point. Gen 6, Part II.

Equinox

Stallwart Player
Yeah, I believe there's going to be a 6.5, X and Y seemed really half finished, with certain areas having vague features that served no purpose (i.e. other sections of the power plant) and the lack of an actual post-game. The map of Kalos certainly has some space for extra places. Magianna looks like she's going to be a 6.5 steel version of Diancie, mythical Pokemon and all.

Nyora

A Cat
I personally think it is just like Clayton and such, just a regular poemon, no HUGE reason it was built. I think it will be Fairy/Steel or rock/steel

Nyora

A Cat
Also, information about it:

Magiana. Its classification is Man-Made Pokémon. Type has yet to be revealed. It was made over 500 years ago, by "human hands". Volcanion is chasing Magiana, only it knows Magiana's secret.
The new movie is to be called Volcanion and the Exquisite Magiana

So Mewtwo wasn't the first man-made pokemon...
Hmm this gets me thinking, maybe Mewtwo will appear in the movie too? Just like it did with Genesect.

G-Panthera

Yeah, I believe there's going to be a 6.5, X and Y seemed really half finished, with certain areas having vague features that served no purpose (i.e. other sections of the power plant) and the lack of an actual post-game. The map of Kalos certainly has some space for extra places. Magianna looks like she's going to be a 6.5 steel version of Diancie, mythical Pokemon and all.
A funny fact on that is that if its Steel/Fairy type, its pretty much a steel version of Diancie indeed, not just in looks alone, but also because steel, being a metal and all, is retrieved from rock as raw iron, and it just so happens that Diancie is a Rock/Fairy type. That and knowing its related to Volcanion, its pretty much safe to say this is indeed Gen 6 Part II.

On that, I predict the follow-up game is going to be called XYZ, especially due to the anime having a similar title. In addition, I chose this name because its a nice fit to complete the whole XYZ axis theme, with Z likely representing hints of the second half of the Kalos region, completing said XYZ axis in full.

Chocolate Death

I should be the Water Trial Captain now!
Here's my speculation.

Magiana (who I think might be Romanized as Mageana due to speculation of the name being gear and machina) is most likely a Steel/Fairy-type pokemon. Steel first due to it's mostly metallic features. Actually, I'm not sure if it would be Fairy, now thinking about it. Fairy does seem to be related to beauty, bliss, and happiness, but I can also see it being Psychic due to its sentience, or even just pure steel. I can also expect it to have a signature ability related to gears or steam powered things, but I'm leaning more towards it having some kind of -ate ability or passive ability.

My guess to what it's secret might be is maybe it's powered by a Diancie's diamond or a fairy gem due to what G-Panthera said.
... but also because steel, being a metal and all, is retrieved from rock as raw iron, and it just so happens that Diancie is a Rock/Fairy type.
My only other guesses is perhaps it happens to be steam powered, thus working perfectly with Volcanion, or it happens to be a special capture or tracking device which, when inactive, closes up by closing its head and lower half and retreating its legs and torso into the body. I feel like the red and blue lines and dots on it might be pretty important too.

My last bit of speculation about it is regarding it's generational placement. I saw a comment on youtube that explains something else. Also, for the record, they later corrected "bottom-left" to "bottom-right".
magi_by_xplayer1x-d9r9chy.png

Video Source if you wish to see the comment yourself: watch?v=9VVd6WUfo8o

I agree with them that it could be a precursor, but I feel like it might just be hinting at Generation 6.5 with "Italy" being the "tail" on a shooting star. What I mean is, Kalos is shaped like a star and Italy is shaped like a swipe by a paint brush. I can't help but see GF making it the "tail" to Kalos, making it resemble a shooting star. Think of B2W2's expansion of Unova. But, at the same time, I can also see it being it's own large region with 3 large kingdoms, a Grand Duchy, States, and 3 smaller regions as well as 2 large islands. One of these islands is directly below a French island and is part of the kingdom directly connected to France. This could be like Kanto and Johto's connection.

I'm going to stop here since I'm beginning to digress, I think, and I'm also heavily distracted by... home issues. But, take this chunk of speculation and do with it as you please.

G-Panthera

Here's my speculation.

Magiana (who I think might be Romanized as Mageana due to speculation of the name being gear and machina) is most likely a Steel/Fairy-type pokemon. Steel first due to it's mostly metallic features. Actually, I'm not sure if it would be Fairy, now thinking about it. Fairy does seem to be related to beauty, bliss, and happiness, but I can also see it being Psychic due to its sentience, or even just pure steel. I can also expect it to have a signature ability related to gears or steam powered things, but I'm leaning more towards it having some kind of -ate ability or passive ability.

My guess to what it's secret might be is maybe it's powered by a Diancie's diamond or a fairy gem due to what G-Panthera said.

My only other guesses is perhaps it happens to be steam powered, thus working perfectly with Volcanion, or it happens to be a special capture or tracking device which, when inactive, closes up by closing its head and lower half and retreating its legs and torso into the body. I feel like the red and blue lines and dots on it might be pretty important too.

My last bit of speculation about it is regarding it's generational placement. I saw a comment on youtube that explains something else. Also, for the record, they later corrected "bottom-left" to "bottom-right".
magi_by_xplayer1x-d9r9chy.png

Video Source if you wish to see the comment yourself: watch?v=9VVd6WUfo8o

I agree with them that it could be a precursor, but I feel like it might just be hinting at Generation 6.5 with "Italy" being the "tail" on a shooting star. What I mean is, Kalos is shaped like a star and Italy is shaped like a swipe by a paint brush. I can't help but see GF making it the "tail" to Kalos, making it resemble a shooting star. Think of B2W2's expansion of Unova. But, at the same time, I can also see it being it's own large region with 3 large kingdoms, a Grand Duchy, States, and 3 smaller regions as well as 2 large islands. One of these islands is directly below a French island and is part of the kingdom directly connected to France. This could be like Kanto and Johto's connection.

I'm going to stop here since I'm beginning to digress, I think, and I'm also heavily distracted by... home issues. But, take this chunk of speculation and do with it as you please.
Interesting. The whole Italy thing being the "tail" of a possible shooting star motif could work, but to be honest, at the same time, I think its best to temper our expectations greatly on this part. Its more likely to expect that the lower half of Kalos is the only thing featured. That said, if Italy would be involved, perhaps its part of the possible speculated Southern Kalos, rather than being its own region? That too is a possibility.

Rozureido

Aspiring Trainer
Z isn't happening. That is why Zygarde has been bumped to the anime (when he was clearly supposed to be in this movie based on the teaser at the end of the last one), randomly inserted in the next TCG set without being its focus. He is being completely glossed over in order to begin the Gen 7 machine. If anything is going to make Nintendo's next console a success it is a new gen Pokemon game.

I will be more than willing to eat crow if I am wrong, but it really seems like Gen 6 is winding down. Bring on Generation 7!