Japan's XY10 Set: 'Awakening of Psychic Kings,' Alakazam!

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
The set name suggests it focuses on psychic Pokemon. So maybe M Medicham or M Banette? However, not one set had mega Pokemon of the same type.

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Hopefully they include mega pidgeot or mega steelix in this set too
Or M Pinsir, that would be awesome too :)
The set name suggests it focuses on psychic Pokemon. So maybe M Medicham or M Banette? However, not one set had mega Pokemon of the same type.
There's a chance it'll be M Audino in the English sets, and none but M Alakazam in japan due to the small set size and seemingly only featuring M Alakazam. That, and the fact that there's a M Audino deck.

steffenka

Miss Vaanjie
There's a chance it'll be M Audino in the English sets, and none but M Alakazam in japan due to the small set size and seemingly only featuring M Alakazam. That, and the fact that there's a M Audino deck.
I agree with you that M-Audino could be featured in the English set, however it is worth mentioning that the mentioned set size is without the secret/ultra rares. Emerald Break had 78 cards without secret/ultra rares and Bandit Ring 81 without the extra cards, yet they still managed to have 3 Mega Evolutions in them, so I'd say there would most likely be more Megas than Alakazam in the Japanese set (probably 2-3 Megas in the Japanese set).

Pangoro#1999

Fear the bear
EX predictions:
Alakazam EX
M Alakazam EX
Beedril EX
M Beedril EX
Abomansow EX
M Abomasnow EX
Darmanitan EX
Dedenne EX
Kingdra EX

Break predictions:
Druddigon
Delphox

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Yeah, 2-3 Megas seems likely, plus maybe 1-2 non-Mega EXes and of course a few Breaks. 78 isn't really that small for a single set.

I'm still hoping for a Suicune EX. After all, we're finally getting Alakazam, so maybe all of my wants will come in one set. Can I wish for a Gastrodon EX, too? :p

thegrovylekid

Makes fake cards
Yeah, 2-3 Megas seems likely, plus maybe 1-2 non-Mega EXes and of course a few Breaks. 78 isn't really that small for a single set.

I'm still hoping for a Suicune EX. After all, we're finally getting Alakazam, so maybe all of my wants will come in one set. Can I wish for a Gastrodon EX, too? :p
I want a Lumineon. Lumineon needs more representation and unless they bring babies back, I'm not getting Pichu, so second choice.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm... If there was any doubt about Delphox BREAK appearing next, I think it dissipated now... btw, Mega Slowbro is actually a good fit for this set...

And I don't know what to think anymore about Zygarde... I can't imagine anymore what the hell is their plan with it... Now I'm just waiting that next month's CoroCoro actually reveals something concrete that may clarify the whole thing...

Chrswrites

Aspiring Trainer
If we do that:
Milotic Ex
Suicune Ex
Butterfree Ex
Jynx Ex
Politoed Ex
Flygon Ex
Dusknoir Ex
Luxray Ex
Lake Trio Ex
Zebstrika Ex
Gothitelle Ex
Elektross Ex

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
I think you mean his last appearance was in in 2009's (2008 in Japanese) Pokémon TCG: Platinum – Rising Rivals

As Alakazam 4 and Alakzam 4 Lv. X

EDIT: Regardless, I always Knew Alakazam would be printed as an EX so long as they where basic Pokemon.
God forbid they grow a backbone and tell Geller to buzz off and release a Kadabra card.
I recommend creating a petition to help them grow a back bone and release a Kadabra card. I am sick to death of Uri Geller. I hate him, and his family, on the grounds that Kadabra is my favourite Pokémon!

I will just say this: we better get an Abra and Kadabra.
And if we don't get a Kadabra card, then Uri Geller will be targeted by trolls who will make his life hell. And I for one, will have no sympathy for him, or his pathetic lawyer.

Bungeegum

Aspiring Trainer
I smell a Nidoking Ex coming, and maybe some Slowbro/Hypno with cool abilities. Also this confirms Sabrina as Supporter

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I hope to see Mega Banette and Mega Mawile in XY9 and XY10.

Though I would love to see Pidgeot and Beedrill in future sets I doubt they 'd feature more then 1 gen 1 mega in a set. My biggest hope is that they don't waste another ex spot like they did on Glalie, on Audino.

I also hope for some non mega Pokemon full arts, these could feature any gen Pokemon though.

I saw some good fanart of Banette on Deviantart, it's by CherubChan. It features Banette kind of in a falling pose. I think Banette needs to have a cool pose in order to look good as a full art, whereas the others would look good just standing still.

Last edited:

Scoop

Literally a sheep
Welp,
tumblr_mqi1ksHK3g1swdfc0o1_500.gif

Last edited:

Shishigami

Aspiring Trainer
After following Pokebeach ever since their breakdown of the then upcoming Japanese HeartGold and SoulSilver LEGEND sets, this news announcement finally made me truly break my mortal coil of silence and have some sense brought to me.... My favourite pokemon has finally made an epic comeback and in such dapper fashion might I say so too. :D