'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Competitively speaking, it's not that good. I mean yea, this set is giving stage 2s a lot of support in this set, that doesn't mean they are going to be as good as say nats-worlds 2011.(I hope they become viable so I can use Magnezone!) But great artwork, but it's pretty much a given for most cards nowadays to have great artwork.

With 2 Florges, Xerneas EX is doing 140 for a DCE or 60/30 for a DCE. The colorless cost in the attacks won't be affected. Xerneas XY could also use Geomacy for free and potentially deal 100 for a single energy.

Might be good if there was a Fairy Pokemon with a prohibitively high attack cost, but M Gard doesn't mind the energy cost as it needs a bunch of energy anyway, and Xerneas exists, with one of the best Energy acceleration attacks in the format.

Couple with Aromatisse, Fairy doesn't really need lower attack costs. It needs more consistent attacks in the low end as there are few good Fairy attackers beyond EX Pokemon.

We didn't really need This ability for fairies, we needed something similar to NXD's Gardevoir, but with fairy energy.

"Each of your pokemon's Y energy counts as YY energy. You cannot apply more than one of this ability."

That would be amazing

I will add this card to my Fairy Deck with this awesome Ability so M-Gardevoir's Brilliant Arrow or Florges' Bright Garden will be easy to use.

We didn't really need This ability for fairies, we needed something similar to NXD's Gardevoir, but with fairy energy.

"Each of your pokemon's Y energy counts as YY energy. You cannot apply more than one of this ability."

That would be amazing
It's okay. But the card was cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
I doubt Hoot-hoot will make much impact. It's Seismitoad's attack but without any damage whatsoever, but it's a nice attack for a basic if the Noctowl has potential.

But without the damage, it's more of a stalling card. Could still get knocked out easily.

Might be good if there was a Fairy Pokemon with a prohibitively high attack cost, but M Gard doesn't mind the energy cost as it needs a bunch of energy anyway, and Xerneas exists, with one of the best Energy acceleration attacks in the format.

Couple with Aromatisse, Fairy doesn't really need lower attack costs. It needs more consistent attacks in the low end as there are few good Fairy attackers beyond EX Pokemon.

What about Florges-EX? Especially when you have Sky Field so expand your Bench and get the damage output of Bright Garden into OHKO level (at least for most non-Mega Evolutions). We saw this with Dimension Valley as well: while some price breaks were obvious, some were more subtle like how just needing less Energy in general was useful.

That would be amazing
That'd also be very, very bland, boring and uncreative, especially considering all of these recent reprints [from BW] >_>

I don't really see the usefulness in this Florges. There have been some good Stage2's in this set, but spending three turns to bench something that lessens attack costs for just one type? The only non-fairy to benefit from that is prolly Goodra. I think there are better options, unless you want to make a funsies deck with Windy Mischief Whimsicott and this Florges, or something

Erp. Wasn't expecting this. Well, it seems fine, I guess. Would be rather large of a hassle to get into play, though.

Free status healing is always nice, but I expect a bit more than this from a Break. :/ If it was a healing of 50, then it'd be something worth getting excited for.

But since I plan to use the Florges card, I'll probably still run a one-of.

Honestly it hurts it that its a support pokemon I don't think the BREAK card itself will be played there are so many better heal supporter pokemon that take up less space than that many spots.

Back