Pokemon Competitors Arrested for Threatening Gun Violence at Worlds

DeathsFinalFlame

Aspiring Trainer
It's good to see people practicing their rights. They had every right to have those in their car, but they probably shouldn't have posted something like that. Their police were a bit rough though.
by law having any gun in your car without a license is automatic 10 years in jail for concealing a wepon no one without a license has any right to own a gun no matter the reason thats why soon most states will out law guns all togeather and remove the right to own one even with a license just like london

Spiffo

Aspiring Trainer
by law having any gun in your car without a license is automatic 10 years in jail for concealing a wepon no one without a license has any right to own a gun no matter the reason thats why soon most states will out law guns all togeather and remove the right to own one even with a license just like london
I now officially walk back my statement that no one is overreacting

Otaku

The wise fool?
I now officially walk back my statement that no one is overreacting

S'cool. I think we are all learning a lot during this thread.

For example your previous statement made it clear that I was being unclear (or that I'm taking a lot of statements differently from yourself). ;) I think those handling the event did the right thing. So far I think law enforcement has done the correct thing. Where I am uncertain are some of those reporting on the events as I've gotten some incomplete or inaccurate information from some early sources. While it sounds like nitpicking, I know I've also had some information that was technically correct but the delivery honestly was suspicious: if someone lies to you in a certain way, another person that communicates with you in a similar way can be telling the truth but thanks to "once bit, twice shy" you're going to be leery of trusting them.

I think a lot of us are having a hard time keeping our personal biases in check on related issues and yes, that includes me. I have to remind myself that while I've met one of the individuals involved before (and in a "Pokémon" environment) doesn't equate to having been someone at Worlds and especially not someone involved in one of the alleged threats. Alleged isn't just legal speak here; I am having a hard time keeping track of what actually was and wasn't said by the two guys in question, as opposed to what others have said.

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer
Either way , I suggest they start a minimum of 20 days in jail and mental evaluation type of verdict just for the blatant show of ignorance and stupidity.

Yes , I am implying that this kind of stupid should be a crime lol Wheather it was an actual threat or not.

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
The younger one is pretty sick in the head:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...ts-against-pokemon-world-championships/.92126

Prosecutors say that Norton was banned from an online chatroom for bullying, and allegedly responded, "Oh, ok, that's fine then I will just shoot him on Friday thanks" when he was denied reentry. Prosecutors also cited a post where Stumbo allegedly wrote "my AR-15 says you lose."

Keep in mind that comment was for an event he was going to. And that he showed up to that event with actual guns. I still doubt they would have done anything, but they keep proving they are unstable ***holes. So who knows.

Empoleon_master

I can stop watching Anime any time I don't want to
There was a Tournament Organizer from Florida that broke a Texas boy years back.
I can't tell if that's a reference to some old tomey song from the 70s-80s or if someone actually did that. #"oldpeopleburn" : P

Anything else though? *grabs salt for the popcorn*