'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

Glalie is not a Rock type Pokémon, and non mega don't have the yellow and violet sparkles that you said, that's it.
Then Ice type Pokémon can, presumably, have pieces of ice? You get that all of those were examples, right? So, if I said that Kyurem-EX AO had pieces of ice on it, you'd say that it isn't a Glalie, therefore doesn't apply?

how about machoke?or mega lucario?
Yeah (you meant Machamp not Machoke right?) Machamp is great but he is not splash-able in most decks that are not fighting type decks (that's kinda what I meant with my other post, sorry if that confused you).

how about machoke?or mega lucario?

I assume you mean Machamp for the first one?

The problem with both those cards is that they are not splashable. They have to be ran in decka built around them, unlike this Empoleon which can be ran in most any deck, they just need to put in it and Archie's.

Quite disappointing. The attack is too weak for today's format and the Grass weakness is annoying. We get it TPCi! Stop shoving "here are support for Grass Pokemon" down our throats.

If the Ability affects bench sniping as well, it might be worth it. At least Archie's has proven to be good.

Where's the rest of the Sinnoh starters? Infernape and Torterra last appeared in Plasma but they were quite underwhelming though Infernape was the better of the 2.

Cool and Epic card! This will power up Miltank and other basic Pokemons who become usable in play,nowadays. After Chesnaught,Empoleon is back in TCG with a BANG!!

Personal Request and Opinion:I hope other Sinnoh and Kalos starters will be in that set and scans of the set in November

I looked at the empoleon, and it says "to the opponents battle pokemon" after 20 more damage, and since they call the active pokemon the battle pokemon, I'm pretty sure that it only does 20 more damage to the opponents active. maybe i'm wrong but...

Also the posted translation doesnt specify doing 20 more damage to just the active pokemon, which makes me wonder if it will apply to bench damage as well which would make the Kyurem EX way more interesting.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but the Japanese does indeed limit the damage to attacks against the active Pokemon.

Glalie EX + Judge + Muscle Band + this Empoleon = 190.

Could be interesting.

This also open the door for things like Dialga EX to make a comeback if they can start hitting for 190 rather than 170.

Also, there is no indication this doesn't stack, by the way. Potential +80 damage for basics.

Glalie EX + Judge + Muscle Band + this Empoleon = 190.

Could be interesting.

This also open the door for things like Dialga EX to make a comeback if they can start hitting for 190 rather than 170.

Also, there is no indication this doesn't stack, by the way. Potential +80 damage for basics.
How many Archie's can you pull off in a turn or two? And this is a relevant question since the format is so fast right now and you have to set up asap.

Then Ice type Pokémon can, presumably, have pieces of ice? You get that all of those were examples, right? So, if I said that Kyurem-EX AO had pieces of ice on it, you'd say that it isn't a Glalie, therefore doesn't apply?
You were talking about sparlkes, not about pieces of ice ;) And yeah, some piece of ice would be nice :D

How many Archie's can you pull off in a turn or two? And this is a relevant question since the format is so fast right now and you have to set up asap.

I'm not saying it's practical to do 4 consecutive Archie's.

Just saying it is possible.

4x Empolion in your bench + Spinda Primal Clash. Snipe 90 on all your opponents Pokémon - gg.

Well, literally once a turn, since it's a Supporter. :p
This card clearly has potential in a lot of decks, looking forward to the set even more!

Back