'Blue Impact' / 'Red Flash' Japan's XY8 Sets, Next Set Block Titled 'XY: BREAK!'

I think the Skyla is just a fanservice reprint. It won't really get used nowadays with Trainer's Mail and whatnot.

I don't know, I think with some of the Trainers we've lost with the rotation Skyla could be important once again.

Trainer's Mail is good, but it's only 4 cards, not a potential 43.

Aww, Parasect's one of my favourite Pokemon and they print one of the crummiest cards possible :/

However, the art is very cute. Either it's been abducted by aliens or just got lost.

I think Parasect could be good. Maybe in combination with Arceus from hollo collection? would like to test it, when it's out

I dunno, I see Parasect doing wonders for Dragons

Eh. Dragon decks use at most two types of basic energy. Plus, you have to attach each energy to different Pokemon, not the same one.

It's essentially a nerfed Xerneas. Not worth the slots in any deck to be honest.

[C] Colorful Spore: Choose 3 of your Pokemon. Search your deck for 3 different types of Basic Energy and attach 1 to each of the Pokemon you chose. Shuffle your deck afterward.
Parasect's Colorful Spore says that if you have 3 or more Pokemon and choose 3 of them then you search your deck for up to 3 different types; if you have 2 then for up to 2; and if you have 1 then for (up to) 1.
So I guess the text would be "Search your deck for different types of Basic Energy up to the amount of the number of Pokemon you chose." (is it correct in grammar? I'm not confident...)

Oh I wish a Basic Pokemon had this attack. It's poorer than I expected as a Stage 1 Pokemon's attack, though it costs a single [C].

Parasect's Colorful Spore says that if you have 3 or more Pokemon and choose 3 of them then you search your deck for up to 3 different types; if you have 2 then for up to 2; and if you have 1 then for (up to) 1.
So I guess the text would be "Search your deck for different types of Basic Energy up to the amount of the number of Pokemon you chose." (is it correct in grammar? I'm not confident...)

Oh I wish a Basic Pokemon had this attack. It's poorer than I expected as a Stage 1 Pokemon's attack, though it costs a single [C].

Step 1: You select three Pokemon. If you have three Pokemon in play, you must select all three of them. If you have two in play, you must select both of them. You cannot choose to not select a Pokemon if you have three or less in play.

You then attach an energy to each Pokemon. A better way to think of this is for each Pokemon you select or able to select, you search your deck for an energy card. You then attach it to one of the pokemon. You then search for another energy for the next Pokemon, that is not the same type as the previous energy you selected.

If you can only choose 2 Pokemon for this attack, then you only attach 2 energy in total, one on each Pokemon.

I expect the English translation to be a little clearer in that regard.

I think Parasect could be good. Maybe in combination with Arceus from hollo collection? would like to test it, when it's out
I play a deck with Vivillon backed up by Togekiss and three of each type of energy, and it works quite nicely. :) Could fit somewhere in that shell I guess.

I could see this working wonders in a non-Rayquaza colorless deck. Just run one of every type of energy and a couple extras if you feel you need it. That's what, 8? plus some DCE and you're set.

I don't think anyone else has pointed this out, but parallel city has potential to make Shiftry better in expanded by reducing the number of benched pokemon the opponent can have. Obviously you would still play GPF, but you could reduce their bench with parallel city then play GPF; I'm just not sure how clunky(or not) this would be.

I be they will change the art on the skyla when it gets printed in english
I be they will change the art on the skyla when it gets printed in english
I don't think anyone else has pointed this out, but parallel city has potential to make Shiftry better in expanded by reducing the number of benched pokemon the opponent can have. Obviously you would still play GPF, but you could reduce their bench with parallel city then play GPF; I'm just not sure how clunky(or not) this would be.

The issue is that you can only play one staidum in your turn so parallel city would be great if you dont happen to get that turn one donk

Parasect will be useful in some Colorless decks. To make things easier, its accelerating attack is [C] as well. Just run multiple types of energy and accel your [C] Pokemon to your heart's content.

The issue is that you can only play one staidum in your turn so parallel city would be great if you dont happen to get that turn one donk
You know you can play as many stadiums during your turn as you want as long as the new one has a different name each time, right?

I don't know, I think with some of the Trainers we've lost with the rotation Skyla could be important once again.

Trainer's Mail is good, but it's only 4 cards, not a potential 43.
They still could've picked another trainer and printed that with the effects of Skyla (see Sycamore, Tierno, etc.). Skyla's not relevant anymore. It's just fanservice, I mean look at the art they used this time around.

Back