Mega Blaziken-EX Box, Mega Swampert-EX Box in November

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
I bet these playmats will look as awful as the Mega Metagross one.

Couldn't they have made something else and use these as promo products? I'm getting really tired of these overpriced bundles. They could at least release something different alongside them with the same promos.

exxtrooper

Spooky spooky tree
Question is, will they have spirit links? Otherwise they'll be unusable, which I think is a shame.

Serpens

Aspiring Trainer
I kinda like M Blaziken as a Rogue deck.

200 a turn is not shabby
The main problem is that it's turn 3 at best, and you have to keep one single attacker on the spot for consistent streaming of Moonsault Blazes, not to stop attacking with the same one for even a single turn(Except for when you're playing against a Mega wth 230-240 HP or Wailord, beacause you can't one-shot them anyways).

Grass Gym Leader

Mega_Ampharos
I kinda like M Blaziken as a Rogue deck.

200 a turn is not shabby

You're right, it really isn't too shabby. Even though I specialize in grass types, i came up with a deck idea. See what you think!

If you start off with a blaziken ex as a basic, then battle compressor for 3 fire energies and then blacksmith to attach 2. Then, attach one from your hand. Next turn, attach the spirit link(there probably is one) and an energy. Evosoda up to m blaziken ex, then moonsault blaze for 100 damage. If you were to run the deck however, you would need to run 4 battle compressor and4 evosoda. Also run 2 blaziken ex and 2 m blaziken ex. run lots of fire energies, don't be cheap with them. That's all.

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
The main problem is that it's turn 3 at best, and you have to keep one single attacker on the spot for consistent streaming of Moonsault Blazes, not to stop attacking with the same one for even a single turn(Except for when you're playing against a Mega wth 230-240 HP or Wailord, beacause you can't one-shot them anyways).

Hence Rogue

If it works, it'd be amazing.

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
I doubt Blaziken or Swampert will get Spirit Links. Metagross, Diancie, and Absol were all left without one, and there's no real reason to believe differently with these two (hopefully I'm wrong :p).

themiraclemeat

Aspiring Trainer
I doubt Blaziken or Swampert will get Spirit Links. Metagross, Diancie, and Absol were all left without one, and there's no real reason to believe differently with these two (hopefully I'm wrong :p).
I think the better comparison to Blaziken and Swampert would be Charizard and Blastoise. None of these starter Megas have spirit links except Sceptile, which isn't fair IMO.

Metagross, Diancie, and Absol where all promos, so it's understandable why they didn't receive spirit links.

Supa_Hot_Fire

Hoping for Shedinja Break...
I think the better comparison to Blaziken and Swampert would be Charizard and Blastoise. None of these starter Megas have spirit links except Sceptile, which isn't fair IMO.

Metagross, Diancie, and Absol where all promos, so it's understandable why they didn't receive spirit links.

Blaziken and Swampert are also promos. Charizard and Blastoise didn't get Spirit Links because Spirit Links weren't a thing when they were released.

Hemos

The demonic Shadow Lugia/Mystical Raven Witch
I think I'm probably gonna have to track down a couple of Blaziken EX and Swampert EX to prepare for these two

Pikachu6319

Scooby
The thing that annoys me is that if they're like the M. Metagross collection it'll be a hundred dollars to get both of them.

TokenDuelist

The thing that annoys me is that if they're like the M. Metagross collection it'll be a hundred dollars to get both of them.

I feel like these should have a companion special edition. One with like, 2-3 packs and both promo cards.

I am very sure the Mega Metagross box didn't do too well in terms of sales because the only time I ever saw them get sold was when Target was closing in Canada because Pokemon fans could literally just buy them up for $5-$10 per set at one point.

Otherwise I still see them doing nothing but pile up at local stores alongside the Diancie and Absol boxes because of their ridiculous price tags.

This isn't how you make a product at all, if anything it makes me feel less inclined to build the decks now or invest in future products.

whirlpoolm51

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like these should have a companion special edition. One with like, 2-3 packs and both promo cards.

I am very sure the Mega Metagross box didn't do too well in terms of sales because the only time I ever saw them get sold was when Target was closing in Canada because Pokemon fans could literally just buy them up for $5-$10 per set at one point.

Otherwise I still see them doing nothing but pile up at local stores alongside the Diancie and Absol boxes because of their ridiculous price tags.

This isn't how you make a product at all, if anything it makes me feel less inclined to build the decks now or invest in future products.
You both do realize that you can get the boxes online for 30 bucks?? Well the Metagross one is a little more pricey now but the Diancie and absol ones can be found for 30 online.
It's the same as an etb basically. The price makes sense once you figure all the prices out. 8 packs =$24 , 2 promos = $10 to 12 , playmat = 6 to 10 .
You could just do what I do and buy the promos off of eBay.

TokenDuelist

You both do realize that you can get the boxes online for 30 bucks?? Well the Metagross one is a little more pricey now but the Diancie and absol ones can be found for 30 online.
It's the same as an etb basically. The price makes sense once you figure all the prices out. 8 packs =$24 , 2 promos = $10 to 12 , playmat = 6 to 10 .
You could just do what I do and buy the promos off of eBay.

The point I'm trying to make is that it shouldn't have to come to ordering them online or in pieces. Not everyone wants to, or has the funding to do so. Especially younger players. The cards they've been shoving in these sets could be so much easier for people on a low budget but sadly they choose to go the extra mile.
These promos will likely be over $5 online which is very unfortunate. They don't need to cram that many packs into the set, and especially for those of us that live in Canada: Price it even higher over here. Things like the Diancie and Absol boxes cost too much where I am. They don't justify their price tag at all.

I can see where the contents match the value - but I also can't see the point in shoving that many contents into the box and slapping exclusive promos onto it. If you look at other card games such as Yu-Gi-Oh and Magic, you'll find they offer pretty fair prices for their big things because they're at least useable or competitive. Pokemon does not do this. It would even be nicer in the form of an Elite Trainer box that offers the promo cards as well (which, curiously - Why don't we get Promo cards in our Elite Trainer Boxes like other games do with their fat packs??? ).

The Poke Tactics

Just a Pokemon fan.

I think, the company doesn't have budget on drawing those spirit links,so instead they put only promo Megas.....and wait,those boxes will have a jumbo card,right?