TCG Fakes Z-Breaker - The Zygarde Set

Dragon Claw - Item
Attach a Pokemon Tool a Pokemon that doesn't already have a Pokemon Tool attached to it.
If this card is attached to a Dragon Pokemon each attacks of that Pokemon does 20 more damage to the defending Pokemon (before applying weakness and resistance)
You may play as many Item cards in your turn (before you attack)

Scrafty~Thanks for the help on the text! I think that Dragon Claw would work. And ability capsule, I'm really unsure. I'll have to find a way to make it work somehow, but how...? I think xaej806's might be the one that's the best. But Vom's seems nearly identical, just adding a few body type abilities(bodies are passive, right? XD) I would obviously put "Pick One ability" though, as it would get ridiculous. It could get out of hand, so maybe i might pick something else for ability capsule, or make it an ACE SPEC. Also, the Kalos starters will be XY reprints, and sure, you could help if you want to.

Beedrill-Porygon-Z-Z? Maybe a sequel set? If there even is one. XD And yeah, i might have gotten carried away. XD

Thegrovylekid-Wow, it is close to Aquapolis. XD

Scrafty~Thanks for the help on the text! I think that Dragon Claw would work. And ability capsule, I'm really unsure. I'll have to find a way to make it work somehow, but how...? I think xaej806's might be the one that's the best. But Vom's seems nearly identical, just adding a few body type abilities(bodies are passive, right? XD) I would obviously put "Pick One ability" though, as it would get ridiculous. It could get out of hand, so maybe i might pick something else for ability capsule, or make it an ACE SPEC. Also, the Kalos starters will be XY reprints, and sure, you could help if you want to.

Beedrill-Porygon-Z-Z? Maybe a sequel set? If there even is one. XD And yeah, i might have gotten carried away. XD

Thegrovylekid-Wow, it is close to Aquapolis. XD
Sceptile Z HP 150 [G]
Evolves from Grovyle
ζ Nutrients: Once during your turn heal 30 damage from this Pokemon
Ability: Overgrow
If you have more damage counters on this Pokemon than the defending Pokemon, the attacks of this Pokemon do 30 more damage.
[G][C] Energy Ball 40

[G] [G] [C] Leaf Storm 120
Filp a coin if heads the defending Pokemon is paralyzed for 2 of his or her turns.

Weakness [F] x2 Resistance [W] -30

I actually have the Z powers already written, and Sceptile-Z as well. I can post a base image of it, and The Z Powers.

Sceptile stock.jpg Here is a base image of the Sceptile-Z, this isn't final, I just wanted to have something as a reference. More Z-powers will be revealed on the way. Of course, Ken art for the base images, I'm going to make the others text based, like i said, until I can find a way to make better looking cards.

Last edited:
A few progressions on the Z-powers have been made, and a few cards are in the works! Progress is going quite nicely, and due to me being on break, I have quite a lot of time on my hands, so why not make some of the cards? And here is the result of a few of them-The Bellsprout line. (all weaknesses are X2 and resistances are -20
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bellsprout, HP40 (G)

(G) Absorb-10 Heal 10 damage from this Pokemon.

(G)(C) Wiggle and Flop- 30- Flip two coins. This does 10 less damage for each tails.

Weakness-Fire Resistance-None. Retreat-1 1/167 {C}
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Weepinbell, HP90 (G)
Stage 1: Evolves from Bellsprout.

Ability-Chlorophyll-If there are any (G) Pokemon on your bench, This Pokemon's attacks cost (C) less.

(G)(C)(C)-Mega Drain-60 Heal 30 Damage from this Pokemon.

Weakness-Fire Resistance-None Retreat-2 2/167{U}
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Victreebel, HP 130 (G)
Stage 2: Evolves from Weepinbell

Ability-Catching Flies: If this Pokemon is Damage by an attack, you may flip a coin. If heads, then you may switch the Defending Pokemon with one of your opponent's benched Pokemon.

(G)(G)(C)(C)-Poison Drain-80-If the defending Pokemon is poisoned, you may do 80 more damage and heal 60 damage from this Pokemon. If you do, the defending Pokemon is no longer poisoned.

Weakness-Fire Resistance-None Retreat-2 3/167 {R}
Victreebel-Z: HP 140 (G)

Z-support: at any time during your turn(before you attack), you may heal 20 damage from each of your Pokemon-Z in play. You may only use this Z power once.

(G)(G)(C)-Leafy Cutter. 60+Flip a coin until you get tails. This attack does 60 damage plus 20 damage times the amount of heads

(G)(G)(C)(C)-Leaf Blast-130

Weakness-Fire Resistance-None Retreat-2 4/167. {R}
Here is the next set of cards made, currently all cards as of 6/14/15
Exeggcute: HP 30(G)

Ability-Cracking-(You may use this on the first turn this Pokemon is in play.) once during your turn(before you attack), you may flip a coin. If heads, search your deck for a card that evolves from this one and put it onto this Pokemon. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

(G) Shard Guard-10-Flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects from attacks(including damage) done to this Pokemon during your opponent's next turn.
Weakness-Fire. Resistance-Water Retreat-1 5/167 {C}
Exeggcutor: Hp 100 (G)
Stage 1-Evolves from Exeggcute.

Ability-Leafy Guard-Prevent all effects from attacks(including damage) from all of your benched Pokemon.

(G)(C)(C) Coco Crush 20x-This attack does 20 damage times the amount of Exeggcute and Exeggcutor on your bench.

Weakness-Fire Resistance-Water Retreat-3 6/167 {U}
Sunkern: HP30 (G)
Basic

(G)-Plant and Grow
Prevent all effects of attacks(including damage) done to this Pokemon during your opponent's next turn. Then, once your opponent's turn ends, search your deck for a Pokemon that evolves from this Pokemon, and put it onto this Pokemon.(this counts as evolving this Pokemon.). Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Weakness-Fire Resistance-Water Retreat-None. 7/167 {C}
Sunflora: HP110 (G)

Ability-Joyous sun-During your next turn, this Pokemon's attacks do 50 more damage. {AN-This does NOT stack}

(G) (G) (C) (C) Solar Beam-100

Weakness-Fire Resistance-Water Retreat-2 8/167 {R}
Treecko-HP60 (G)

(C) Pound-10

(G) Absorb-10
Heal 10 damage from this Pokemon.

Weakness-Fire Resistance-Water Retreat-1 9/167 {C}
Grovyle-HP 90 (G)
Stage 1-Evolves from Treecko

(G)(C)-Leafy Cutter-20x Flip a coin until you get tails. This does 20 damage times the amount of heads.

(G)(C)(C)-Razor Leaf-50

Weakness-Fire Resistance-Water Retreat-1 10/167{U}
Sceptile-HP130 (G)
Stage 2-Evolves from Grovyle.

Ability-Sharpen- This Pokemon's attacks do 20 more damage for each (G) energy attached to it.

(G)(C)(C)-Leaf Slice-80

Weakness-Fire Resistance-Water Retreat-None 11/167(R)
Sceptile-Z HP140 (G)
Stage 2-Evolves from Grovyle

Z-search: at any time during your turn, flip a coin. If heads, search for a trainer card in your deck. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Ability-Infiltrate-Once during your turn, you may search for a card in your opponent's hand or deck, then discard that card. Your opponent shuffles their deck afterwards.

(G)(C)(C) Z-Leaf-90-If this Pokemon has any Z-energy attached to it, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness-Fire Resistance-Water Retreat-None. 12/167(R)

Last edited:
Whoo! There we go, 12 cards out of the 167. Let me know how they are if you want. :p Expect more cards from Z-Breaker on the way! :D

Alright, so I've gotten back from my trip, and now I'm ready to seriously work on Z-breaker. I'm planning on doing 5-7 cards almost every day. Today, I'll be putting cards 13-20 today. Enjoy the next cards of Z-breaker!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Seedot-
Hp70 (G)
Basic

(G) Acorn Drop-20-Does 10 Damage to one of your opponents benched Pokemon.

Weakness-Fire Resistance-None Retreat-1 13/167
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nuzleaf-
Hp100 (G)
Stage 1-evolves from Seedot

(C)-Sneaky Sneak-does 20 damage to two of your opponent's Pokemon.

(G)(C)-Sneak 'n' Smack-50-does 20 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon.

Weakness-Fire Resistance-None Retreat-1 14/167
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Shiftry-Z HP150 (G)
Stage 2-Evolves from Nuzleaf

Z-rage: If this Pokemon is hit by an attack, put 3 damage counters on the defending Pokemon.

(G)(C)(C)-Deadly Sneak-Does 30 Damage to all of your opponent's Pokemon.

(G)(G)(C)(C)-Raging Cut-100+ Does 10 more damage for each damage counter on this Pokemon.

Weakness-Fire Resistance-None Retreat-2 15/167
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tropius-HP100 (G)
Basic

Ability-Fruity Temptation-When your opponent attacks, flip a coin. If heads, prevent all effects of attacks(Including damage) done to this Pokemon by that attack.

(G)(C)(C)-Razor leaf-60

Weakness-Fire Resistance-Water Retreat-2 16/167
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Turtwig-Hp30 (G)
Basic

(C) Withdraw-during your opponent's next turn, prevent all damage done to this Pokemon if the damage is 60 or less.

(G)(C)-Absorb-20 Heal 10 damage from this Pokemon.

Weakness-none Resistance-None Retreat-1 17/167
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grotle-Hp90 (G)
Stage 1-Evolves from Turtwig

Ability-Strong Shell-Damage done tho this Pokemon is reduced by 20(before applying weakness and resistance)

(G)(G)(C) Mega drain-60 Heal 30 damage from this Pokemon.

Weakness-None Resistance-None. Retreat-2 18/167
Torterra-HP160
Stage 2-Evolves from Grotle

Ability-Super Shell-Damage done to this Pokemon is reduced by 40(before applying weakness and resistance.)

(G)(G)(C)-Ground Smash 60-If the defending Pokemon Is a Basic Pokemon, this attack does 60 more damage.

(G)(G)(C)(C) Terra Crush-130 -does 20 damage to each of your opponent's benched Pokemon.

Weakness-None Resistance-None Retreat-4 19/167

Are things like Z-Claw and the others going to be TM's? If so, you should make some called Z Arrow and Z Wave for Zygarde's unrevealed attacks, Thousand Arrows and Thousand Waves.

Z claw will be like TMs, as will the Z-blaster. and the arrow and wave ones, due to the setlist being done and will not be changed, could a sequel set.

Last edited:
Here's a few technical tips:

Numeral words are always written in symbol form; i.e. it is '1' not 'one'.
'Basic', 'Defending' and 'Active' are always captilised.

And a bit of feedback.

I think it's great that you want to do a lot of work on your set, but I feel their is a main problem. Most of the effects that you have showcased are practically the same to common effects throughout the TCG. I think you can spend a bit more time and put a bit more of creative effort into making your cards so they are much cooler and interesting (not to say they aren't interesting already, but there is always room for improvement, right?). Anyways, keep up the good work! ^_^

Here's a few technical tips:

Numeral words are always written in symbol form; i.e. it is '1' not 'one'.
'Basic', 'Defending' and 'Active' are always captilised.

And a bit of feedback.

I think it's great that you want to do a lot of work on your set, but I feel their is a main problem. Most of the effects that you have showcased are practically the same to common effects throughout the TCG. I think you can spend a bit more time and put a bit more of creative effort into making your cards so they are much cooler and interesting (not to say they aren't interesting already, but there is always room for improvement, right?). Anyways, keep up the good work! ^_^

Thank you for the feedback. I did not take the technical parts into account while writing these, due to me not remembering them, only writing the way i thought was right. I will take these into account during my next writing (cards 20-27/30). And there will be a few more creative elements in the future, I noticed early on that it needed a bit more..In the next writing, I should hopefully incorporate some more creative elements.

Here's a card that I randomly decided to write. Sorry I couldn't make more today, I have to do a few things, so here is Tangrowth-EX.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tangrowth-EX HP200 (G)
Basic

Ability-Strangling Vines-During your turn, Flip 4 coins. If at least 3 of them are heads, the Defending Pokemon is knocked out at the end of your Opponent's next turn, as long as this Pokemon is still Active during that time.

(G)(C) Tangle Squeeze-40-Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokemon is now paralyzed.

Weakness-None Resistance-None Retreat-4 20/167

Last edited:
Tangrowth's ability is insanely powerful. I can't do the maths right now, but I know that there is over a 50% of getting the favourable outcome (two or more heads), which is insane (a Gothitelle EP with Doom Decree - the only instant killer I can think of - required two coin flip, or 25% chance, on a Stage 2 to kill). And, no, your nukes aren't overly effective, as you can't expect someone to have Lysandre/Switch constantly, and non-flip Paralyzing attacks are OP without significant drawback (high cost, discarding all energy, can't attack).

I've changed it so the Pokemon is a bit more balanced, I didn't see that the Pokemon was a bit OP...well, quite OP.

Have a few more cards.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Carnivine-Z HP100 (G)
Basic

Z-strength: Once before your turn, flip a coin. If heads, this Pokemon's attacks do 20 more damage(after applying weakness and resistance).

Ability-Devour-When your opponent uses an Item card(Excluding Tool cards) Flip a coin. If heads, you may use the effects of that Item Card(This Pokemon must be Active in order to use this Ability.)

(G)(C)(C)-Carnivorous Crunch-80

(Weakness-Fire) (Resistance-None) (Retreat-2) 21/167)
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Petilil-HP50 (G)
Basic

(G)-Leech Seed-At the end of your Opponent's turn, Put 1 damage counter on your opponent's active Pokemon(If the Defending Pokemon switches out, still put the damage counters on that Pokemon) And remove 1 damage counter from this Pokemon. Do this for 5 turns.

(Weakness-Fire) (Resistance-Water) (Retreat-1) 22/167
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yee, more cards.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Lilligant-Hp100 (G)
Stage 1-Evolves from Petilil

(G)(G)-Invigorating Dance-For the next five turns, each of your Pokemon have +30 HP.

(G)(G)-Boosting Dance-For the next five turns, each of your Pokemon do 30 more damage.

Weakness-None Resistance-None Retreat-None 22/167
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Virizion-Z-HP110 (G)
Basic

Z-boost: All Z pokemon in play's attacks do 10 more damage.

(G)(G)-Noble Slash-70 If there are any Z-energy attached to this Pokemon, discard an energy attached to the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness-Fire Resistance-None Retreat-1 23/167
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Moltres-HP110 (R)
Basic

(R)-Flare-20-If this is the first turn this Pokemon is active, This attack does 60 more damage.

(R)(C)(C)-Flying Flame-20+ This attack does 20 more damage for each turn this Pokemon has been Active.

Weakness-Water Resistance-None Retreat-1 24/167
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Entei-EX-HP170 (R)
Basic

Ability-Beastly Flames-When you attach a(n) (R) energy to this Pokemon, choose 2 of your Opponent's Pokemon, and put 1 damage counter on those Pokemon,

(R)(R)(C)-Raging Fire-90-You may discard all (R) energy attached to this Pokemon. If you do, this attack does 90 damage to 1 of your opponent's Pokemon.

Weakness-Water Resistance-Grass Retreat-2 25/167
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ho-Oh-Z-HP130 (R)
Basic

Z-search: at any time during your turn, flip a coin. If heads, search for a trainer card in your deck. Shuffle your deck afterwards.

Ability-Z-Rainbow-If this Pokemon has any Z-energy attached to it, this Pokemon's attacks do 10 more damage for each type of Pokemon in play.

(R)(C)(C)-Shining Burn-60

Weakness-Water Resistance-Grass Retreat-2 26/167
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have today a few noes regarding a few of the possible misconceptions/anything regarding the set in general.

-Z-powers are like ancient traits, but The Z-Powers are not "Zeta Powers". Think of Z-cards as a mix between Team plasma and ancient trait cards. if i get around making image based versions of the cards, the Z-cards will have special art on the "Body" of the card.

-I got the numbering wrong on the set list, I noticed this early on, and so the cards will be made with correct numbering. This means, to keep the 167 card(excluding SR's, Ill have to remove one card, and my choice was Audino.

-Ho-Oh-Z's ability, when it says "each type", it means "each energy type".

-I apologize for any mistake i may make. If you see anything that raises concern over the set, go ahead and tell me. Ill try to fix it.

Its been quite a long time since I've updated this, but that's because I've been busy in my personal life. I've decided i want to take a small break from Z-Breaker, and focus on a few things i need to do elsewhere. For anyone who cars, Z-breaker will be back up next week! See you guys then!

~AshCo

Back