Writing May's Fanfiction Challenge (Results)

Hello, I'd like to enter, I'm pretty nervous since this is the first time I've entered something like this, haha, but it should be good practice for my degree!

Last edited:
Hi, I saw this post on Twitter and made an account here so I could participate :) I'm nervous too but I love writing fanfiction and this seems like an amazing community! I would like to enter, please.

Hello, I'd like to enter, I'm pretty nervous since this is the first time I've entered something like this, haha, but it should be good practice for my degree!
Just out of curiosity, would it matter if I used the British spellings for words, since I'm English?

British spellings are totally fine! :) You certainly won't be penalized for not using American spellings of things. I'm pretty familiar with both, myself.

This sounds fun and challenging. Being able to make a 1000 words complete-story, is truly a challenge. This will help me become better with writing, so count me in. ^.^ One question though, when is our deadline?

British spellings are totally fine! :) You certainly won't be penalized for not using American spellings of things. I'm pretty familiar with both, myself.
Sorry to keep asking questions, but is 1000 words the absolute limit, or is there a bit of leeway in between?

This sounds fun and challenging. Being able to make a 1000 words complete-story, is truly a challenge. This will help me become better with writing, so count me in. ^.^ One question though, when is our deadline?

The last day submissions will be accepted is June 1st.

Sorry to keep asking questions, but is 1000 words the absolute limit, or is there a bit of leeway in between?

Don't apologize for questions; the only bad questions are the ones that don't get asked. :p Yes, some leeway is indeed acceptable. Anywhere between 800-1200 words should be fine, but going outside that range might cause a penalty.

The last day submissions will be accepted is June 1st.

Great! Probably the best birthday present for me :p I will be happy to participate :), oh and I heard about your head injury. Get well soon :D

Last edited:
In! :D
It's the first time I'll write a fanfic so Idrk what to expect :p

Also, the story we have to write is just the beginning of a trainer's trip, right? As in, get your Pokémon, leave town, have an adventure or two, and the end?

I'd like to try this contest out! Hopefully I have a good story. I've never written a fanfic before so this might be tough. One question, do we post the story here, or somewhere else? Anyways, I'm definitely in for this contest:D I hope I do good

I'd like to try this contest out! Hopefully I have a good story. I've never written a fanfic before so this might be tough. One question, do we post the story here, or somewhere else? Anyways, I'm definitely in for this contest:D I hope I do good

You post your story in this thread as a new post whenever it's completed. :)

I'm all in! You can usually find me writing articles for other sites, but I can't wait to get working on this fanfiction. Sign me up!

Last edited by a moderator:
in (if there's room).

Hey I have a question. Can we write theories that we made a story for? So I guess like a fan fiction theory combo.

Hello there! I'm new to the Pokebeach forums though I have been around for a few years now. I do have quite an interesting story that I feel would be appropriate to enter into this contest. I would sincerely appreciate if I could be added to participate in this contest. Thank you very much and I look forward to making lots of new friends here on the Pokebeach forums. Much love. :)

Back