Ultra PRO has released rubber playmats for Pokemon before (below), but this is Pokemon’s first “stitched” playmat releasing as a standalone product. As the name implies, the border of the playmat is stitched for a more premium look and holds up better over time.
The Mew playmat in the 151 Ultra-Premium Collection also featured a stitched border:
No pricing information has released yet, but it should cost $23.99 like Ultra PRO’s stitched playmats for other brands. The “regular” playmats usually cost $20.99.
Here is the product description:
Made with a soft fabric top to reduce damage to cards during play and a non-slip rubber backing to keep the playmat from shifting during use, playmats enhance the gameplay experience. The stitched edges offer an added premium feel. With dimensions of approximately 24 in. x 13.5 in., a playmat also makes an excellent oversize mousepad for home or office.
- Stitched edges offer an added premium feel
- Approximately 24 in. x 13.5 in. and lays flat
- Soft fabric top helps protect cards during gameplay
- Non-slip rubber backing keeps the playmat from shifting during use
- Makes an excellent oversize mousepad for your home or office