Pokemon has revealed a new “Celebrations Prime Collection” that will release exclusively on Amazon in the winter.
It will combine several items from Pokemon’s regular Celebrations product line, along with some unique goodies, to create an exclusive product for Amazon. This is similar to what they did with Gamestop’s V Memories Collection.
Celebrate 25 years of Pokémon with a collection that features many of the different, special kinds of Pokémon that have appeared in the Pokémon TCG over the years. Embrace the stealthy power of Pokémon Prime with Dragapult Prime, step into the light with Light Toxtricity, and go against type with Mimikyu δ—all appearing as gigantic oversize cards that are perfect to display! The Prime Collection includes a set of Pokémon TCG: Celebrations boosters, as well as additional booster packs, a Collector Chest, and more.
The Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Prime Collection includes:
- 1 special promo card of Dragapult Prime
- 4 oversize cards of Light Toxtricity, Hydreigon C, Mimikyu δ, and Dragapult Prime (Note: These are unique to this product.)
- A Pokémon 25 logo Collector Chest with a dozen additional treasures! (Note: Presumably this has the contents of the regular Celebrations Collector’s Chest, but we don’t know yet. The regular one comes with 6x Celebrations packs, 2x regular booster packs, foil promos of Mimikyu δ, Light Toxtricity, and Hydreigon C, four sticker sheets, a mini portfolio, a coin, and a notepad.)
- 3 Pokémon TCG: Celebrations 4-card booster packs
- 2 additional Pokémon TCG booster packs
- A 4-pocket Pokémon TCG binder to store your collection
- An oversize card binder to store your biggest cards
- 1 metallic Pokémon coin
- A code card for the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online
The Pokémon TCG: Celebrations Prime Collection will be available Q4 2021, exclusively at Amazon.
The mentioned promos were previously revealed for other Celebrations products:
[P] Mach Turn: 60 damage. You may switch this Pokemon with 1 of your Benched Pokemon.
[P][P][C] Diving Sweep: 150 damage. Discard 1 random card from your opponent’s hand.
Weakness: Darkness (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-30)
(Pokemon Prime are from the HeartGold & SoulSilver era. In terms of gameplay they were no different from other Pokemon of the time. It’s purely aesthetic — they had spikes around their card image and all Pokemon Prime had “close-up” artwork of the Pokemon’s face.)
[W] Steal: Draw 2 cards.
[W][C] Wet Claw: 40 damage. Return 1 Energy attached to your opponent’s Active Pokemon to their hand.
Weakness: Lightning (x2)
(Delta Species Pokemon are from late in Generation III. They featured each Pokemon as an unusual type due to a mutation. There were also cards that supported them, like with the current Single Strike and Rapid Strike Pokemon.)
[C] Slow Ballad: Heal 30 damage from both Active Pokemon.
[L][L][C] Smashing Spanking: 160 damage. During your next turn, this Pokemon can’t use Smashing Spanking.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
(Light Pokemon were from the Neo Destiny. They’re obviously the reverse of Dark Pokemon. Their card templates are a bit different. In terms of gameplay they were known for healing and greater HP.)
[C][C] Bite: 30 damage.
[D][D][C] Possessed Blade: 100 damage. This attack does 20 damage to 2 of your opponent’s Benched Pokemon. (Don’t apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon.)
Weakness: Grass (x2)
(Pokemon SP were another “label mechanic” like Delta Species Pokemon, Rapid Strike Pokemon, Plasma Pokemon, etc. They were each owned by someone. In this case the “C” stands for Champion, which is why Champion Iris is depicted on this card. Of course neither Iris or Hydriegon existed back then, but these cards are pretending as if they were made then!)