The Pokemon Direct livestream just started, revealing that Pokken Tournament DX will be premiering on the Nintendo Switch on September 22nd! Decidueye, Darkrai, Scizor, Empoleon, and Croagunk have been confirmed as playable characters.
Along with all the content from both the Wii U and arcade versions of Pokkén Tournament, the Pokémon fighting game where Pokémon in battle move in direct response to the player’s actions, Pokkén Tournament DX also introduces an array of exciting new features to create the ultimate Pokkén experience. Pokkén Tournament DX features include:
- Play Pokkén anytime, anywhere on Nintendo Switch – Play Pokkén Tournament DX in TV mode, handheld mode, or share a Joy-Con controller with another Trainer to battle one-on-one in tabletop mode anywhere!
- A brand-new fighter – Decidueye enters the battle, alongside all previous Pokémon from the Wii U and arcade versions.
- New Support Pokémon – Litten and Popplio make their debut to lend their support in battle.
- Team Battle mode – Pick three Pokémon and battle it out to be the first to defeat all your opponent’s Pokémon to win in the new Team Battle mode.
- Group Match mode – Find similar skilled players in battle rooms for intense and fun battles online.
- Daily Challenges – Complete a variety of different daily challenges.
- Watch battle replays – Hone your skills by watching other players’ replays and share your best matches online with the new replay feature.
- Jump straight into battle – All characters and Support Pokémon will be available right from the start of the game.