Update (5 PM, Tuesday): The new version of Pokemon Bank is now up on the Nintendo 3DS eShop! To celebrate this update, all Pokemon Bank subscribers can get a Mewnium Z, the Z-Crystal that only Mew can use. When you launch the new Pokemon Bank and receive the gift, a new Wonder Card will appear in your Sun or Moon game. You can use the Mystery Gift function to claim your Mewnium Z. The Z-Crystal allows Mew to use Genesis Supernova. It has 185 special attack power and changes the field to Psychic Terrain.
Nintendo of Hong Kong has released new details for the next Pokemon Bank version. Unfortunately, no release date has been announced yet. However, it should be within the next few weeks!
- As announced before, you will be able to transfer your Pokemon from the 3DS Virtual Console releases of Red, Blue, Green, and Yellow to Pokemon Sun and Pokemon Moon.
- The Pokemon have a chance of transferring over with their Hidden Ability. In the official image on the right, the transferred Mewtwo has Unnerve instead of Pressure.
- It seems the transferred Pokemon may have at least three IV’s maxed out. In the Mewtwo screenshot, it has maxed out HP (250), Defense (152), and Special Attack (266) stats for a Level 70 Mewtwo with a Quiet nature and no EV’s. The other three stats are less than perfect IV’s. In the Ditto image, three of its IV’s are clearly maxed out.
- The Pokemon’s brand new nature will be randomly selected (ye olden games didn’t have natures, after all!)
- Transferred Pokemon from the Virtual Console games will have a Gameboy symbol.
- Pokemon Bank has a new feature where it’ll count which Pokemon you have registered in the Pokedexes of the games linked to your Pokemon Bank account (such as ORAS and XY) and then update the Pokedex registration in your current game (SM) with those Pokemon. Therefore, you will NOT need to pull all your Pokemon into Pokemon Bank or your current Sun and Moon game to get them registered in SM’s National Pokedex. Essentially, your Pokedexes across your games will all be synced together. Nice!
- Pokemon Bank will show stats for each of your linked games, such as which of your Pokemon is in which game, how many Pokemon you caught in each of them, the number of eggs hatched, wild Pokemon encountered, etc. Stats from across all your games, basically.