English Names Revealed for Latest Batch of News, New Type Changes
The official X and Y website has revealed the English names for all the Pokemon and characters that were just revealed in CoroCoro. Also revealed are additional features and changes to a couple of Pokemon types.
This latest batch of official news once again matches up to the insider information we posted last May. Out of the rumors, the only major points left to confirm are the Starter’s final types and dual-type moves, the latter of which was hinted at in CoroCoro (see our news story on it).
- Chespin’s evolved form is Quilladin, known as the Spiny Armor Pokemon. “When Chespin evolves into Quilladin, the hard spikes on its body grow even sturdier. Despite its prickly appearance, Quilladin is considered a gentle Pokémon that avoids battle.” Fennekin’s evolved form is Braixen, the Fox Pokemon. “Once Fennekin evolves into Braixen, it no longer eats branches. But it still keeps a tree branch in its tail, which seems to calm the Pokémon.” Froakie’s is Frogadier, the Bubble Frog Pokemon. “When it evolves, its jumping skill improves. During battle, Frogadier confounds its opponents by leaping about the ceiling or into trees.”
- The Fossil Pokemon Chigorasu is named Tyrunt, known as the Royal Heir Pokemon. Its Ability is Strong Jaw and it is restored from the Jaw Fossil. It can learn Dragon Tail and Crunch. It is believed to be over 100 million years old and is a bit selfish, throwing a tantrum when it doesn’t like something. Amarusu is called Amaura, known as the Tundra Pokemon. Its Ability is named Refrigerate. It can be restored from the Sail Fossil. It can learn Aurora Beam.
- Torimian’s name is Furfrou. It can learn the move Baby-Doll Eyes, which allows the user to go first regardless of Speed and lowers the target’s Attack stat. A new feature allows you to groom it in several ways, though if you don’t for a while, it will change back to its regular look. It is an intelligent and loyal Pokemon and in ancient times it guarded the king of Kalos.
- Nyaonikusu is named Meowstic, known as the Constraint Pokemon. The organs in its ears possess strong Psychic powers so it usually keeps them shut. It will lift is ears when threatened. It doesn’t tend to show its emotions to others and tries to remain expressionless.
- Pyroar have major gender differences. The male with the largest mane becomes the pride’s leader while the female protects the pride’s young.
- “Mega Mewtwo X has muscles bulging from its arms and legs.” “Mega Garchomp‘s Attack and Special Attack both improve greatly, while its Speed goes down a little.”
Changes and Features
- Grass, Ghost, and Electric-type Pokemon gain new effect resistances. Grass-types Pokemon are now immune to powder and spore moves. Ghost-type Pokemon are now immune to effects that prevent fleeing. Electric-type Pokemon are now immune to paralysis.
- You can now record 10 second “Trainer PR Videos” of you and your Pokemon. You can customize the camera angle, background music, your Pokemon’s poses, and their expressions.
- The Pokemon Global Link website will now have a mobile-optimized version that will open on October 12th. The full version of the website will open later in the month.
- Disconnecting from an online battle will result in a game loss.
- The Team Flare leading scientists are named Celosia (purple hair), Aliana (orange hair), Bryony (green hair), Mable (blue hair), and Xerosic (the guy).
- Karune, the famous actress, is named Diantha. “Diantha is a famous movie star beloved by everyone in the Kalos region. She’s also a Pokémon Trainer who shows a lot of potential. She may even trade Pokémon with you sometime during your adventure!” (She reminds me of Sheena from the Arceus movie.)