Update #2 (2:15 AM): Added new photo below showing Zoroark disguised as Entei. Odd that it is disguised as a normal Entei while facing your shiny Raikou. | Update #1 (2:00 AM): Added the starter’s stats and abilities below in addition to three new close-up photos.
Someone else on Japanese forum 2ch has gotten a hold of CoroCoro magazine and has taken pictures of all its Black and White pages with their camera phone. All of their photos are below, and you can click them for larger images; use your left and right arrow keys to scroll through them like a slideshow. The photos are extremely blurry, but from what we can tell all of the information posted earlier today is mentioned and thus validated, including the names of the starter Pokemon. All of the information from the previous update has been updated and reposted below along with the previous CoroCoro scans. Once clearer scans of the pages are leaked, we will post them and translate any additional information that remains, if any.
Remember, Pokemon Sunday‘s episode this week will be discussing the new games and the upcoming Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark movie. The episode will air Saturday afternoon in U.S. time and we will post any new information, videos, or images they reveal. Be sure to check back then!
- The region’s name is Isshu (イッシュ) and is located very far away.
- Hiun City is Isshu’s central city, pictured in the scans. “Hiun” means “bad luck” or “misfortune.” It can also mean “clouds being blown by the wind.”
- The main characters are older than ever before; they are not children.
- Tsutaaja (ツタージャ) is the Grass Snake Pokemon, its ability is Overgrow, it is 0.6 m (2 ft) tall, and it weighs 8.1 kg (17.9 lbs). “Tsuta” means “ivy” and “ja” is one way of saying the word “snake.”
- Pokabu (ポカブ) is the Fire Pig Pokemon, its ability is Blaze, it stands 0.6 m (2 ft) tall, and it weighs 9.9 kg (21.9 lbs). The name derives from “pokapoka,” which means “warm” in Japanese, and “bu,” the sound a pig makes in Japanese culture (here it’s “oink”).
- Mijumaru (ミジュマル) is the Sea Otter Pokemon, its ability is Torrent, it is 0.5 m (1.6 ft) tall, and it weighs 5.9 kg (13 lbs). “Mijuku” means “immature” and “maru” means “round” or “ball.”
- Zorua and Zoroark‘s ability is called Illusion (イリュージョン). It allows the two Pokemon to take on the appearance of other Pokemon.
- Two new attacks are Trickery (イカサマ), which outputs damage depending on the opposing Pokemon’s stats, and Claw Sharpen (つめとぎ), which raises your Attack and Accuracy. These are attacks that Zoroark can learn.
- If you trade over the shiny Entei, Suicune, or Raikou from the the Ruler of Illusions: Zoroark movie ticket preorders, you can battle and capture a Level 25 Zoroark. During the battle, the Monster Fox Pokemon will take on the appearance of the Pokemon you traded over, and at several points it will revert to its original form (probably when weak). When it does, you can attempt to capture it.