• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zygarde/Regirock Deck

ZagzigZero

Aspiring Trainer
So, Here's a Zygarde deck i've been working on (And does well overall). But, i doesn't really feel complete.
It relies on fast power (For instance 110 max damage with 1 Energy, 130 with 2, And 170 with 3.)
Any suggestions, techs, counters?

Pokémon - 16

* 2 Shaymin-EX ROS 106
* 2 Carbink BREAK FAC 51
* 3 Carbink FAC 50
* 4 Regirock-EX FAC 43
* 3 Zygarde-EX FAC 54
* 2 Hoopa-EX AOR 36

Trainercards - 34

* 2 Fighting Fury Belt BKP 99
* 4 Ultra Ball PLF 122
* 1 Level Ball NXD 89
* 2 Super Rod NVI 95
* 2 Max Elixir BKP 102
* 3 VS Seeker ROS 110
* 4 Trainers' Mail ROS 92
* 3 Float Stone BKT 137

* 2 Ninja Boy STS 103
* 2 Lysandre AOR 78
* 2 N NVI 92
* 4 Professor Sycamore XY 122

* 3 Sky Field ROS 89

Energy - 10

* 4 Strong Energy FAC 115
* 6 Fighting Energy BLW 110

Total - 60

My friend plays with a deck kinda like yours, but theres some things I can tell about this deck:
Using both Regirock EX and Carbink/Carbink Break on this deck makes the deck very slow, you should choose only one of them.
Why? because each of them works for a different strategy.
Regirock EX is there to make sure you hit harder with few energy cards, which means your Zygarde EX is supposed to be the active one.
Carbink Break is there to set up your Zygarde EX while it's on your bench, also to recycle your strong energy.

In case you choose Regirock EX side, you can use special charge, puzzle of time or even Milotic PRC to recycle the strong energy.
In case you choose Carbink Break, you could use the free space to put something else useful, some people usually uses Machamp EX which makes a good combo with Ninja Boy when your Zygarde EX is heavily damaged.
With Carbink Break, you will also be forced to use Power Memory, in case you happen to have a match agaisnt decks like M Mewtwo EX or Yveltal.

edit: btw, Machamp EX works for both ways, so you might want to add it in your deck.

My friend plays with a deck kinda like yours, but theres some things I can tell about this deck:
Using both Regirock EX and Carbink/Carbink Break on this deck makes the deck very slow, you should choose only one of them.

edit: btw, Machamp EX works for both ways, so you might want to add it in your deck.

Aha. So what side would you prefer, And what changes would you make to my decklist?

(Also, What shoud i do when i want to play regirock and carbink, but no zygarde?)

Aha. So what side would you prefer, And what changes would you make to my decklist?

(Also, What shoud i do when i want to play regirock and carbink, but no zygarde?)
That depends on what kind of decks the people that you play with usually uses.
Carbink is better when you have some kind of disadvantage, like when your opponent attacks faster or deals more damage than you... sometimes even when you have weakness.
Regirock is better agaisnt slow decks, also beautiful when you play agaisnt someone who is weak to fighting.

And... I didn't get your last question, what did you mean?

That depends on what kind of decks the people that you play with usually uses.
Carbink is better when you have some kind of disadvantage, like when your opponent attacks faster or deals more damage than you... sometimes even when you have weakness.
Regirock is better agaisnt slow decks, also beautiful when you play agaisnt someone who is weak to fighting.

And... I didn't get your last question, what did you mean?
Oh... I meant, what changes should i make when i want to use a combination of Regirock-EX and Carbink BREAK, but exclude Zygarde-EX?

Also, Could you make suggestions of what i should throw out of my deck (And fit in?)

(Example: -3 Zygarde-EX)
(-3 Ultra Ball)
(+3 Spirit Link)
(+3 Mega Turbo)

You mean using your deck with only Regirock EX and Carbink?
I don't think you would need any changes in your deck in that case.
But if you meant to use another pokémon instead of Zygarde EX, I can't think of anything else better.
As for Mega Pokémon, the only ones avaliable for standard format are Primal Groudon and Mega Aerodactyl, but I don't really think it's worth playing with any of them.
Groudon is really slow to set up, while Aerodactyl may be faster but it's attack is pretty bad.

No deck besides Depair Ray Gardy and Mega Ray needs 2 Hoopa, so maybe cut one of those.

I really, really like the idea of using just Carbink and Regirock tho - it's a very unique and original take I've never seen anywhere else and for that I applaud you.

If that's the angle you're taking, maybe try this:

-1 Hoopa
-3 Zygarde
+1 Carbink
+1 Carbink BREAK

-1 Ninja Boy
+1 N
+1 Olympia (Having access to as many switching cards with all those bench-sitting Regirocks is very important)

-2 Max Elixir (Unless you want to drastically increase the amount of basis energy in your deck
+1 VS Seeker (always play 4)
+3 Switch/Escape Rope (see above comment regarding Olympia)
-1 Super Rod, +1 Buddy Buddy Rescue (if you were to lose a Regirock, you would have instant access to the damage boost)
-1 Level Ball (if you're playing a full 4 count, you shouldn't need to go hunting for it)
-2 FFB (if you're not playing Zygarde, it seems like a dead card, as it'd be useless on a Carbink once you BREAK evolve, and you want Float Stone Lenin your Regis)
+2 Max Potion

Let us know how it works out - seems like a really interesting idea!!!! :)

You mean using your deck with only Regirock EX and Carbink?
I don't think you would need any changes in your deck in that case.
But if you meant to use another pokémon instead of Zygarde EX, I can't think of anything else better.

Nah, I meant just regi and carbink.
But now i have 5 spaces left, since i took out 2 FFI's, 3 Zygardes and 2 Max Elixirs, And added 2 Level balls. What should i put in?

Why did you take out Zygarde EX? I meant to either take out carbink or Regirocks.
If you use all of these pokémons in your deck, you wont be able set up your game easily.
An exemple: you start with one carbink and one regirock.
in this case, you will have to burn your hand to get as many other regirocks and zygarde EX as possible from your deck to your bench, which will (most of time) leave your discard pile without energy cards and without carbink break to evolve the next turn.
If you take out regirocks, you can easily focus on evolving carbink and setting up your zygarde EX.
If you take out Carbink, you will only need one zygarde EX in the game and the regirocks on your bench which you can easily get them with hoopa EX, you wont need to throw energy cards in your discard pile or waste ultra ball to get carbink break.

I think the bit that is lost in translation here is that Regirock-EX simply doesn't make a good attacker and should not be relied on as one. It would be a different story if it's ability also boosted it's own attacks but that little clause of (excluding Regirock-EX) takes it down to just below 180. Even if all three energy are Strong and it has an FFB attached, it's 170, which is just shy of the 180 you'd want. Zygarde-EX as the main attacker is just plain better by all accounts.

I think the bit that is lost in translation here is that Regirock-EX simply doesn't make a good attacker and should not be relied on as one. It would be a different story if it's ability also boosted it's own attacks but that little clause of (excluding Regirock-EX) takes it down to just below 180. Even if all three energy are Strong and it has an FFB attached, it's 170, which is just shy of the 180 you'd want. Zygarde-EX as the main attacker is just plain better by all accounts.
In fact, Zygarde EX have more attack options and even a tool that gives another attack that can 1hitko pretty much anything, not to mention it's hp which is higher.

Back