• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Zygarde / Regirock / Carbink BREAK

TheEso

lvl. 100
This is my Zygarde-EX deck that I will be using at tournaments and I need suggestions on it so I can (Maybe) win a Pokemon Event. Here's my current list: ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

(Q) Pokemon: 14 (Set)

• 1x Barbaracle/Marowak (FCo)(FCo)
  • x1 Binacle/Cubone (RoS)(BkT)
  • 2x Carbink (FCo)
  • 2x Carbink Break (FCo)
  • 1x Landorus (FuF)
  • 1x Lucario-EX (FuF)
  • 1x Shaymin-EX (RoS)
  • 3x Zygarde-EX (FCo)
Trainers: 36
  • 1x Battle Compressor
  • 1x Escape Rope
  • 3x Fighting Stadium
  • 2x Float Stone
  • 1x Heavy Ball
  • 3x Korrina
  • 1x Lysandre
  • 2x Muscle Band
  • 2x N
  • 2x Power Memory
  • 4x Professor Sycamore
  • 3x Puzzle of Time
  • 1x Karen (If you don't know what this is, look it up.)
  • 3x Trainers' Mail
  • 3x Ultra Ball
  • 3x VS Seeker
  • 1x Xerosic
Energy:
  • 6x Fighting Energy
  • 4x Strong Energy

This deck's strategy can change depending on circumstances. For example; if I get a Carbink start, I'll make sure I get a Zygarde-EX onto the bench, then a Carbink Break in the active. After that, you slap a Power Memory on Zygarde-EX, play Battle Compressor for two Strong Energy and probably a Lysandre or something and your set for a "Power Memory Start"!
This deck runs smoothly when you need those Fighting Pokemon and Items because of the Korrina engine. Battle Compressor can be very versatile when it comes to discarding cards. You can discard Supporter cards you don't want to draw such as Xerosic, Lysandre and/or Karen. There are two reasons why discarding Supporter cards is a good idea. (1) If you don't want to draw them, discard them!;) (1.5) When using VS Seekers, you have the choice of those three or more different Supporters which can be life saving or game winning. The Another fate for Battle Compressor is: discarding Energy so you can attach them to Zygarde-EX by using Carbink Break.
I appreciate all constructive criticism in the comments! ;)
Peace out,
-TheEso

Puzzle of time is pretty useless if you are using Carbink Break. You can add another vs seeker, an echo arm and a fourth trainers mail

I think this might be an older list because I do have four VS Seekers and Trainers' Mail... but I like the puzzle of time because if I get compressor, korrina, and a puzzle of ti!e in my hand (which is easy to get) I can discard any two cards I desire then use korrina for puzzle of time, then use two and get back the discarded cards. I usually only use this once

A few thoughts for your consideration:
  • You referenced Regirock in the Deck Thread title, but no Regirock is in your deck list.
  • You also specify 14 Pokémon in the section header, but only 12 Pokémon are listed.
  • The deck types players in your area run should be taken into account to help you decide if you should run either the Barbaracle or Marowak tech. The minimal 1-1 line may also prove inconsistent to getting the Stage 1 into play. If this becomes a trend either increase the line to 2-2 in order to enhance the availability consistency or just remove the 2 cards.
  • Which Carbink (Safeguard or Energy Keeper) do you plan to use? Should players in your area tend to run EX-laden decks, then the Safeguard Carbink may be more advantageous.
  • I too run a zygzrde EX deck, and from my experience, you will need several "switching" cards to get your energyless, heavy retreat cost Pokémon (e.g., Regirock) out of the active position. Float Stone can be Scrapper'd or Xerosic'd away by an opponent. Also, your opponent is "in control" once the Tool is attached.
  • I've found that Fighting Fury Belt to be more effective than Muscle Band.
  • Why no Hawlucha (FUF)?
  • With 3 Korrina, the 4 total Heavy Ball (1) and Ultra Ball (3) seem excessive.
  • Runing 1 AZ or Cassius can also be advantageous in denying your opponent a prize(s) or removing a "stuck" Active Pokémon.
  • Karen (http://www.pokebeach.com/2016/05/m-salamence-ex-salamence-spirit-link-karen-promos) is a Promo Supporter that allows "each player shuffles all Pokemon in his or her discard pile into his or her deck." Nice tech against NM and Vespiquen deck players post-their T2.
  • Power Memory is one of those cards that: a) will be rendered useless if you are Item-locked, b) makes that particular Zygarde EX an immediate Lysandre target when you may not have the requisite energy attached, c) makes the Zygarde EX an immediate Head Ringer target, and/or becomes an immediate Tool Scrapper or Xerosic target. Also in some cases, 200 damage will not be sufficient to 1HKO the opponent's Pokémon. Land Pulse can inflict a significant amount of damage; so, is there a real need for Power Memory???
Following are some suggested deck changes for improvement considerations:

-2 Float Stone
-1 Heavy Ball
-2 Muscle Band
-1 Ultra Ball

+2 Regirock EX
+2 Switch
+2 Fighting Fury Belt
+1 AZ / Cassius
+1 Judge / N / Professor Birch / Shauna / Tierno

I hope you find these comments helpful.

I would definitely run Barbaracle over Marowak. This deck doesn't struggle with Toad but it does get destroyed by Night March. If you want to go the Barbaracle route I would definitely run 4 Fighting Stadium to ensure that you have the stadium in play so Night March cannot play their Special Energy without the use of Hex Maniac. To be honest I would probably lean towards running something different as a tournament as this deck loses to the top 2 decks (Night March and Vespiquen/Vileplume) but if you feel confident in these matchups by all means run it! Good luck in the future!!! :)

@TuxedoBlack
After further review of the Pokemon, I have noticed I forgot to put 2 Regirock-EX in there, and that's why there are only 12 Pokemon instead of fourteen. I run Landorus instead of Hawlucha because if I get a match against Regice, Carbink just doesn't cut it. Also Landorus is a great energy accelerator for almost any Pokemon. With Sky Lariat dealing 90+ due to Strong Energy and Regirock-EX it can knock out many anti-EX Pokemon. I do run the Carbink with Safeguard because I am tending to see many Fighting type decks in my area, along with Alakazam-EX and Kingdra/Magenzone. I will run AZ for these reasons. (1) I can scoop up an "empty" Zygarde-EX or Lysandre'd Regirock-EX. (2) I can pick up Shaymin-EX and use it multiple times. Cassius might be good, but AZ can pick up a Pokemon and put it in my hand (Allowing Re-Use) and I can scoop Shaymin-EX. You make very valid points and I might agree with the Power Memory statement. What might end up happening is this: I might take out Power Memory entirely because Zygarde-EX's other three attacks are damage beasts and can take half out of most Megas and EX's. If I do this, I will still keep Carbink and Carbink Break due to Safeguard and the versatility. Due too Barbaracle, which is so useful against the NM decks, I will be keeping 1 heavy ball because almost all of the Pokemon in this deck have 3 Retreat Cost. If I decide to add Fighting Fury Belts, I might run a 2-2 of Muscle Bands. This deck turns into a speed Zygarde-EX deck if I have Muscle Band which deals so much damage at the start. On the topic of tools, would it be a bad idea to run 1 focus sash due to the NM and Circle Circuit Raichu decks? Maybe attaching Focus Sash to Carbink Break so it can't be one shotted? I digress, I do enjoy the idea of FFB and you know it, Ill put 2 in just for the 230 HP :). Now, I said speed Zygarde meaning not YellowSwellow's deck with Sky Field and stuff because there's too much effort being put into the Regirock-EXs which can just be denied by Silent Lab. One last question: is it weird to put a Lass's Special into this deck instead of Tierno? I would put another N in here but it would be kind of screwing myself over because of the severe damage this deck deals in little amounts of time.

Overall Report

I am taking many suggestions of yours and this is what will be added and taken out:
-1 Float Stone
-1 Ultra Ball
-1 Power Memory
-1 Lucario-EX (Due to expensiveness and because I will have enough draw-power)

+1 AZ
+2 Fighting Fury belt
+1 Lass's Special (Just because I want to see how this card works, and it might be usefull. ;] )

I can't thank you enough for the feedback on this deck. I love the suggestions from Pros on how to make a Meta-ish deck good, thanks again mate.
-TheEso

Please Guys and Gals, keep giving me suggestions on this deck. I will post an updated deck list soon! ;)
Stay Awesome!
-TheEso

On the topic of tools, would it be a bad idea to run 1 focus sash due to the NM and Circle Circuit Raichu decks? Maybe attaching Focus Sash to Carbink Break so it can't be one shotted?
I do run Focus Sash + Max Potion = 2-3HKO!! When you can extend the usage of a Focus Sash, it's great. Most opponents though will just inflict some initial, minor damage though in order to setup my Zygarde EX for a subsequent KO. However, the Max Potion forces them to start all over again... Lol.

One last question: is it weird to put a Lass's Special into this deck instead of Tierno? I would put another N in here but it would be kind of screwing myself over because of the severe damage this deck deals in little amounts of time.
Lass Special is an inconsistent card-draw Supporter in that is is based upon your opponent's benched Basic Pokémon - ugh, IMO. If your opponent only has a few (or no) Basic Pokémon benched, then you could lose an opportunity to draw a decent number of cards. I like to run a mix of card-draw Supporters with more counts of Professor Sycamore (3-4) and N (2-3), but 1 of Giovanni's Scheme, Judge, Professor Birch, Shauna, and/or Tierno. These last 5 Supporters provide diversity: there are times (given the board position or game state) when you just don't want to play a Sycamore or an N. I'd suggest trying different combos of card-draw Supporters till you find the mix and counts that work well for you.

@TuxedoBlack
Maybe I can Play another Lysandre, or 1 Pokemon Center Lady... I have used that card b4 and it was a good card! RIP Paralyze/Poison/Confuse

Judge, Lysandre and Pokémon Center Lady are all very good Supporters albeit designed and used for different purposes.
  • Playing a T1 Judge, if you go first, can sometimes definitely disrupt your opponent hand. Or for those times when you have 4 Professor Sycamore in hand, you recycle "bad" hands.
  • A while ago, even running 2 Lysandre was considered the "norm". This Supporter can help you in a variety of ways including: pulling wounded opponent's Pokémon back to the Active position for a KO, pulling benched opponent's Pokémon back to the Active position for "stalling", or removing opponent's annoying Trevenant (Item-lock) or Wobbuffet (Ability-lock) from the Active position. No doubt increasing the count to 2 enhances your chances of drawing/having access to a Lysandre when needed.
  • Playing a PCL at times to remove 60 damage and all status effects is huge and can turn an opponent's hopeful 2HKO (or stall) into a possible 3+ HKO (or your renewed attack barrage).
Given your play-style and the metagame in your area, I'd suggest testing them all.

Last edited:
Back