• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Zoroark / Yveltal

Eawguy

Competitive TCG Player
Second version:

Pokemon: 16
  • 4 Zoroark BKT91
  • 4 Zoura DE70 (For Paralyzing Gaze)
  • 2 Zoroark BREAK
  • 2 Yveltal BKT94
  • 1 Jirachi XY67
  • 1 Seismitoad-EX
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 AZ

• 1 Computer Search
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 2 Target Whistle
  • 2 Battle Comp
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 3 Muscle Band
  • 2 Level Ball

• 2 Sky Field
  • 1 Reverse Valley
Energy: 7
  • 4 DCE
  • 3 Darkness Energy
Strategy:

Decided to throw in Puzzles to see how they would work.
Figured Stand In would reduce the need for hard retreat on techs.
Also figured it would be rare that I would retreat a Zoroark into a tech.

Pokemon: 16
  • 4 Zoroark BKT91
  • 4 Zoura DE70 (For Paralyzing Gaze)
  • 2 Zoroark BREAK
  • 2 Yveltal BKT94
  • 1 Jirachi XY67
  • 1 Seismitoad-EX
  • 2 Shaymin-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 2 N
  • 2 Lysandre
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 AZ

• 1 Computer Search
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Ultra Ball
  • 3 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Target Whistle
  • 2 Battle Comp
  • 4 Puzzle of Time
  • 3 Fighting Fury Belt

• 2 Sky Field
  • 1 Reverse Valley
Energy: 7
  • 4 DCE
  • 3 Darkness Energy

Last edited:
If you remove the Float Stones, then you will need to "hard" retreat an active Zoroark... And if you're Item-locked, you won't be able to retrieve discarded DCs via your Puzzles of Time.

Are the 3 sole D energy sufficient for you? Zoroark BREAK is really, really good, IMO; so, I run 6 D just to make sure I can Foul Play wenever I need to.

I see the idea beind your playing Sky Field along with Target Whistle; but, I would think most good players would not be "lured" into that trap. If you are finding that this particular combo does not work often enough, then consider replacing the Sky Field Stadiums with more Reverse Valley Stadium. Further, you could also replace the Target Whistles with 2 Level Balls (to help get your Zoruas into play faster) and 2 additional D energy.

If you remove the Float Stones, then you will need to "hard" retreat an active Zoroark... And if you're Item-locked, you won't be able to retrieve discarded DCs via your Puzzles of Time.

Are the 3 sole D energy sufficient for you? Zoroark BREAK is really, really good, IMO; so, I run 6 D just to make sure I can Foul Play wenever I need to.

I see the idea beind your playing Sky Field along with Target Whistle; but, I would think most good players would not be "lured" into that trap. If you are finding that this particular combo does not work often enough, then consider replacing the Sky Field Stadiums with more Reverse Valley Stadium. Further, you could also replace the Target Whistles with 2 Level Balls (to help get your Zoruas into play faster) and 2 additional D energy.

-The hard Retreat sucks but even if I put in Float Stones it wont get rid of the item lock. The idea is to be resourceful with your promotes so you have options to Stand In and attack and also have a back up Zoroark on the Bench
-Not too worried about not getting off Foul Play, may consider running more Energy if I notice that a situation comes up often where i need to use it.
-Sky Field Target Whistle is mainly for the NM match up which I imagine I will still see at regionals. Putting Pumpkaboos back on the Bench hurts.
-Did cut the two target whistles for the Level Balls, 4 Target Whistles was overkill.

I'm kinda trying to squeeze a escape rope in there now to help with the retreat.

Back